PDA

View Full Version : Trackmania Nations Forever

Chalex4
22nd April 2008, 10:37 PM
I was on Teamspeak tonight and we were all playing Trackmania, and it was seriously fun. The best thing about it though is that it's 100% FREE!!! Here is some info from the Steam site about it:

About the Game:

A free game in the truest sense of the word, TrackMania Nations Forever lets you drive at mind-blowing speeds on fun and spectacular tracks in solo and multiplayer modes.

TrackMania Nations Forever offers a new "Forever" version of the Stadium environment, a solid solo mode and 65 brand new, progressively challenging tracks. TrackMania Nations Forever will unite an even larger number of players than the original Nations thanks to its engaging multiplayer modes, innovative online functions and revolutionary interactivity between players.

For TrackMania Nations Forever, Nadeo studio chose to take advantage of the PC's capacities as a gaming, creative and communications platform in order to allow a greater number of players to share a unique gaming experience:

Features:

* A completely free game.
* A captivating solo mode with 65 brand new tracks.
* Join millions of players online and compete on thousands of tracks on the TrackMania servers.
* One complete TrackMania environment: Stadium "Forever".
* An in-game editor to create your own tracks, video studio to realize your own movies and a paint shop to customize your vehicles.
* Official ladders for solo and multiplayer.
* Compatible with TrackMania United Forever (profile and multiplayer servers).

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwhC0PCYAa4&fmt=18

You can DOWNLOAD the game via Steam from HERE (http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=11020&cc=GB).

Post below when you have downloaded it and what your opinions of it are.

Snerfs
22nd April 2008, 10:44 PM
My opinion of it is,

YOU SUCK :P even oric and i beat you ^^ better luck next time

We should so get a server and replace the CoD4 or TF2 for just a server of that

DOWNLOAD IT NOW

Chalex4
22nd April 2008, 10:49 PM
Well...it was my first time playing all of the maps and Oric only beat me by 0.01s :D.

I will look into the server situation, although (as always) running a server on a dedicated machine would be much easier.

Mr.Big
22nd April 2008, 10:59 PM
lol, this game is really old, i used to play it like 2-3 or something years ago, might be a bit updated but really just the same as the old one

Isphera
22nd April 2008, 11:00 PM
Don't care, it's fun, it's awesome, get a server now!!

ez64
22nd April 2008, 11:24 PM
Ive racked up a silly amount of hours but I still really really suck at the game, ive got my anaglyph glasses back now so Im playing it in 24" 3D it works perfectly.

Chazlene
23rd April 2008, 09:33 AM
Damn my bad internet connection, I've started to download it, but goes really slowly. Sounds pretty cool, I like the idea of having a paint shop. Bit of a shame though how it's only f1 cars.

Calneon
23rd April 2008, 12:46 PM
I downloaded the non steam version, is there any way to install it with steam?

EDIT: Nevermind, I downloaded the steam version to replace the non steam one.

Midge
23rd April 2008, 05:18 PM
man this games amazing... was playing till like 1 last night haha!

silentlord.2008
23rd April 2008, 06:13 PM
it owns, i played it and me and deamon was fight over a postion but deamon won :P, we so have to get a server it will just be fun

VoX
23rd April 2008, 08:03 PM
Bit of a shame though how it's only f1 cars.

I saw an admin yesterday and his car was a model of a BMW M3.

Isphera
23rd April 2008, 08:22 PM
That's from the full game, which I am tempted to buy.

Calneon
25th April 2008, 02:44 PM
My login is 'calneon' please add me as a friend and leave your login so others can add you too!

Chazlene
25th April 2008, 03:10 PM
That's from the full game, which I am tempted to buy.

Yeah, I probably get the full game before i34.

Paper Tiger
25th April 2008, 09:39 PM
Login is:
paper_tiger

Game is awesome! I'm pretty crap at it, but love it! Might buy the full version..

Darkpidgeon
26th April 2008, 03:34 PM
i hav made a cool map for this game and wounderd if we could run it on the server chalex some times runs.

VoX
26th April 2008, 09:43 PM
Where abouts have you looked in the program files?

If not you'll have to host a server and tick the box "Allow download" and get chalex to join it so the map is on his system.

Gratz on 1st post by the way.

Layzie
26th April 2008, 10:12 PM
hmmmm
i try it, says its launching it
then nothing happens ;(

VoX
26th April 2008, 10:38 PM
Download Darkpidgeon's TrackMania map here (http://www.mediafire.com/?6gr9ykchydx).

I've played it and it's very hard, but amazing for a first map. I highly recomend you download it and try it out, all instructions are in the ReadMe file.

If you can go round the track without seeing 27, I'll be amazed.

Darkeagle
27th April 2008, 10:49 AM
Thats thanks to me !!!!!

Calneon
27th April 2008, 12:01 PM
This my my first track, I think it's pretty good.

Save it to "Documents/Trackmania/Tracks/Challenges/My Challenges/"

Download it HERE (http://www.mediafire.com/?mcgddgi53x0).

Darkpidgeon, I like your track, but in some places it doesn't flow very well, for example when you need to slow down before a jump to stop yourself flying over the track. It was also quite hard to know where to go sometimes.