PDA

View Full Version : i34 (An outsider :O)

Slumph
7th May 2008, 10:37 PM
Hey, I play for a source clan right now, but none of them are going to i34, im willing to play for you guys if you want, was told to check out the forums by Piers, I am very active and Mid skilled, if your willing to give me a shot then lets play and we'll see how it goes ;)

Hia btw x.. I suppose I should of posted in introductions first... but o well.

Chalex4
7th May 2008, 11:06 PM
Hey Slumph, welcome to the Community. We are definitely planning to have at least one team for either CSS/TF2/CoD4 at i34, do you play all of those games or just CSS?

Since your clan isn't going to i34, would you be planning to sit with us? If you are, then we better let Multiplay know very soon since our row is already full and so is most of the surrounding area.

Anyway, it would be great to have an extra player for our team and it may well be worth checking out the ATK Gaming Teams forums, although it won't be those teams playing at i34.

ez64
8th May 2008, 08:07 AM
Another one for the team would be brilliant! :)

Seating will probably be a problem though.

Vicious Horizon
8th May 2008, 03:41 PM
Hey welcome man, the i series is pretty popular around here, so another one for the count is as welcome as a cool drink in the summer ^_^

Isphera
8th May 2008, 06:06 PM
This is my opinion, and not that of the entire community

As I said to Chalex this morning, I am skeptical of this. Firstly, from what I gather, this appears to be a guy wishing to use us a backup option. If this is the case, then I do not wish for our teams to be used a backup option, since we have many members who will want to make up a full team without outsiders.

Secondly, I also do not like the idea of someone who has only 'just joined' the community, when we have twelve long standing members....hold on....Ok, eleven long standing members and Hutch, who are just as willing to make up a team, and have more reason for being part of a community team.

Thirdly, seating. I will not be moved into the newly unlocked area just because someone who we don't even know wants to sit next to us. We have spent several weeks arguing and debating about the current seating plan, and I do not believe it is fair to anyone involved in the discussions if we are to simply be moved away from an ideal spot, next to a clan which we have already spoken to and appear to be on good terms with, just to facilitate one person. If he wants to join in a game and we have an open slot, then go for it, but moving us away just for one person we don't even know is a complete cockslap and I will not allow it to happen. I have no problem if there is a spare spot in a team, and he sits in the event as close as possible, but I will not have the entire community moved for one person.

My two cents.

Vicious Horizon
8th May 2008, 07:05 PM
Oric has a fair point, in all honesty (sp?) I don't think the ATK guys would change their arrangements for someone with only 1 post here XD

ez64
8th May 2008, 09:56 PM
This is my opinion, and not that of the entire community

As I said to Chalex this morning, I am skeptical of this. Firstly, from what I gather, this appears to be a guy wishing to use us a backup option. If this is the case, then I do not wish for our teams to be used a backup option, since we have many members who will want to make up a full team without outsiders.

Secondly, I also do not like the idea of someone who has only 'just joined' the community, when we have twelve long standing members....hold on....Ok, eleven long standing members and Hutch, who are just as willing to make up a team, and have more reason for being part of a community team.

Thirdly, seating. I will not be moved into the newly unlocked area just because someone who we don't even know wants to sit next to us. We have spent several weeks arguing and debating about the current seating plan, and I do not believe it is fair to anyone involved in the discussions if we are to simply be moved away from an ideal spot, next to a clan which we have already spoken to and appear to be on good terms with, just to facilitate one person. If he wants to join in a game and we have an open slot, then go for it, but moving us away just for one person we don't even know is a complete cockslap and I will not allow it to happen. I have no problem if there is a spare spot in a team, and he sits in the event as close as possible, but I will not have the entire community moved for one person.

My two cents.

I always thought of as that, if we have a free slot and we dont have to do anything fair enough.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Spock wins again :)

Slumph
8th May 2008, 10:21 PM
Fair-do's Oric, Ive basically been following chalex's i-series vids since i31, I found out about this community after my mate (Piers, a community member of yours <3) went to i31 with you guys, I totally understand where your coming from, im not digging just to play with you guys, I'm just generally looking for a good group of guys to have fun with at my first lan! :D And I only decided to post after I talked to Piers' and asked whether there would be a possibility that I can play, I play a few other games, and even if I dont get to play in the Tournament, Heck, I will hang around on the forums and hopefully with you guys at i34 anyway :)

And for seating, Im sat behind you, litterally, Directly behind Piers. So thats not particulary an issue, Ive seen your servers around before, been meaning to get around to signing up and posting, looks like good fun and one of my members is on the reserve list thing, at the next one I go to I will hopefully be able to play with my clan, but even then, we'll try and get seated next to you guys and hangout with yahs ;), Wrote this in a bit of a rush. Will get round to answering later.

Isphera
8th May 2008, 10:31 PM
Just to clarify, before I get the hate mail I normally get when I post this stuff, I AM NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN!!

I am mearly cautious of what will occur and what I had in terms of information. Now I have more, I want to tone down the statement previously. Since seating isn't an issue anymore, that can be disregarded. In terms of being a friend of Piers, I apologise for being a bit blunt and unwelcoming. Had I known (or possibly read your post properly), I would not have acted in the way I did.

On terms on the gaming teams, it stands, but less blunt. If there is a spot, then you are welcome to take it. But members which have been here longer would normally take priority. Unless they are crap, in which case it's yours. Or their banned, but that's only in the case of one guy going, and we will 'try' to be nice :).

Anyway, welcome to the community, you just experienced an Oric.....i don't know what to call it when I scrutinise people like this. Someone help me out there.

P.S. Quote from the TV Show, The Unit 'I try means I fail.'

EDIT - I am also giving out hug tokens as of now. You just earned one.
EDIT2 - @VH - You spelt it right - you get a hug token.
EDIT3 - Daemon, you play WoW and have a 70 Warlock......Hug Token?
EDIT4 - I am fat. I give myself a hug token.
EDIT5 - Hutch, Hug Token?

Slumph
9th May 2008, 08:25 AM
Yeah I only realised after seeing your post as how it may of seemed, im not just fishing for a team to play with when I am there, but playing with you guys would be awesome and I will get round to answering to anymore posts tonight.

Also,
I should of explained myself a little more, but obviously your going to be a little suspicious, me trying to throw myself into the ranks. I wasnt trying to do that though, laters :p

Snerfs
9th May 2008, 03:47 PM
EDIT - I am also giving out hug tokens as of now. You just earned one.
EDIT2 - @VH - You spelt it right - you get a hug token.
EDIT3 - Daemon, you play WoW and have a 70 Warlock......Hug Token?
EDIT4 - I am fat. I give myself a hug token.

not part of the post but...

OH DEAR LORD, what else do i have to do? xD

VoX
9th May 2008, 03:57 PM

Last time you tried to hug Hutch, you got punched in the nose...

Slumph
9th May 2008, 04:36 PM
S'all good.

Isphera
9th May 2008, 05:43 PM
Last time you tried to hug Hutch, you got punched in the nose...

That was the joke ;)

Slumph
10th May 2008, 12:53 PM
:O, man hugging? <3 ;)

Isphera
10th May 2008, 11:14 PM
It doesn't count as gay if your obese.

Snerfs
11th May 2008, 12:00 AM
thank god for tht :P

(quick note, me and gary have had a few ideas, need a word with charlie and oric pls :))

Isphera
11th May 2008, 09:46 AM
I am in London this weekend, for my uncles wedding. That was yesterday, we are just staying here today to do random stuff until late. It has nothing to do with the event on at Earl's Court, and it is a coincidence that my hotel is about 200m from Earl's Court.

Snerfs
11th May 2008, 10:11 AM
whats happened at Earl's Court like?

VoX
11th May 2008, 01:39 PM
Oric, if you are in London, come visit me!

Isphera
12th May 2008, 12:50 AM
OK, I couldn't visit you because I didn't know where in London you are, and checked out of the hotel 5 mins after i posted that. Also - If you want to know what was happening at Earl's Court (which was where I was not today....), then go to the EC website - http://www.eco.co.uk/. The weekend's dates were 10-11. And TBH, my saturday was a RIOT...

If you still don't get it, then you are fucking stupid, and should check out what happened there where I wasn't at the link below: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8631/atkfuckingidiotimageaw6.jpg

PPS - Glassjaw are absolutly crap.

VoX
12th May 2008, 05:39 PM
Oh, Give It A Name gig? I'm guessing purely on the lineup and not looking at the site. Way too Indie for me except 30 Seconds and Paramore.