PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Presents!

Chalex4
27th December 2013, 01:13 AM
A little late I know, but still...

MERRY CHRISTMAS ATK!

What gifts did we all ask for / receive this year? I got a Kindle Paperwhite :).

Colonel Mitch
27th December 2013, 07:49 AM
I bought my 32GB of extra RAM and a SW2 smartwatch week before last with Christmas money from my nan.

The ram I use 30gb of it as a RAMdisk to boot windows from and the other 18GB as memory.

ez64
27th December 2013, 11:53 AM
Boots and a coat :D

Chalex4
27th December 2013, 01:15 PM
A Smartwatch, nice! That's the Sony one right?

Why not the Galaxy Gear? Would be interesting to know if you find it useful.

WinstonEllis
31st December 2013, 06:02 AM
I got brand new Nike Shoes..

Colonel Mitch
31st December 2013, 06:29 PM
A Smartwatch, nice! That's the Sony one right?

Why not the Galaxy Gear? Would be interesting to know if you find it useful.

I got the Sony one over the gear as the Sony has a batter life (real use) of 3-4 days, the samsung lasts about 24 hours.

Also (i dont know if the gear is too?) the SW2 is water resistant like my Xperia Z.

I've found it pretty useful so far, my phone stays on silent (completley, no vibrate) on the desk or in my pocket, and i receive all my notifications on the watch. About 75% of them i don't need to reply to so it saves getting the phone out. you can use it to send default replies and answer / reject calls too which is useful (I have my phone set to divert calls to my cars sim card if i reject them, so if I get a call when driving I don't need to shuffle around getting my phone to reject I can just use the watch.)

WinstonEllis
2nd January 2014, 08:14 AM
That smartwatch is indeed pretty great. I think i gotta get it as an extra gift this year. Quite productive.