PDA

View Full Version : ATK Radio: Offline

Chalex4
9th June 2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/radio.png

I regret to inform you that we have decided to shutdown ATK Radio until further notice. This is because of the potential legal issues that could arise from broadcasting copyrighted music. Using shoutcast without a licence is 100% illegal, if we were to be caught without a licence, however small our radio is, we would face a fine that we wouldn't be able to afford. It is true that we may not be caught, but that is a risk that I am not willing to take.

Of course, there was the option to pay a fee per month. However, after weighing up ATK's goals at the moment, it was decided that the money would be better spent elsewhere where it would benefit more people.

I am sorry that some of you never had the chance to DJ, but there is always the possibility that it will be awoken again, when there are enough subscriptions to make paying for the licence a viable option.

Isphera
9th June 2008, 08:14 PM
Suck my big fat hairy balls. Now we just have a TS server.

Marshy
9th June 2008, 09:19 PM
Oh shame, cant we get a new forum add-on somthing cool and new! i will try and fing something as an example

VoX
9th June 2008, 09:35 PM
Suck my big fat hairy balls. Now we just have a TS server.

Well we have 4 other server but I don't think anyone has ever noticed them :p.

Midge
10th June 2008, 11:48 AM
thats coz no1 plays HnS (it kinda sucks after a while), fun maps are fun until u get sum guy intent on smashing glass from ur own team, COD4 i have no idea!! alot of people do play TF2 tho...

Mr.Big
10th June 2008, 04:19 PM
wait, cant we have a radio (well so not much of a radio) that needs like a password to connect, and dont show wich song is playing xD :p

silentlord.2008
10th June 2008, 04:47 PM
i will say this, what will i get if i so happen to donate a radio that i am paying for monthly

VoX
10th June 2008, 05:00 PM
It won't be used as even though we do not own it, DJs are still liable.

silentlord.2008
10th June 2008, 05:02 PM
wat dose that mean???

Vicious Horizon
10th June 2008, 07:18 PM
It means the DJ's are held responsible, not strictly the provider (Chalex)

silentlord.2008
10th June 2008, 07:26 PM
well. i say it is all hutches fault, cause if u buy a shotcast and pay monthly you are kinda pay Copyright costs.

Chalex4
10th June 2008, 09:36 PM
well. i say it is all hutches fault, cause if u buy a shotcast and pay monthly you are kinda pay Copyright costs.

Really, stop blaming Hutch for everything. He is banned, he has had no input on this matter.

Even if you pay monthly for a shoutcast server, you are still not paying for the required licence to broadcast copyrighted content. This is exactly what we were doing, just because you are offering us another shoutcast server it doesn't mean that we don't have to pay the licencing costs.

ez64
10th June 2008, 10:55 PM
Really, stop blaming Hutch for everything. He is banned, he has had no input on this matter.

Even if you pay monthly for a shoutcast server, you are still not paying for the required licence to broadcast copyrighted content. This is exactly what we were doing, just because you are offering us another shoutcast server it doesn't mean that we don't have to pay the licencing costs.

+1, senseless bashing and the licencing costs are what really get you not the shoutcast server software fee.

silentlord.2008
11th June 2008, 09:57 AM

1) i am not always blaming hutch, but if he is banned then how can he spam teamspeak and still be able to veiwer the forum.

2) you are payting part of the Copyright for songs when you pay monthly, because a small sum of £3.50 x that by 12 months you get £42 but then x that buy around 12 years you get £504 that is just a part for the (C) licences

Calneon
11th June 2008, 10:47 AM
1) i am not always blaming hutch, but if he is banned then how can he spam teamspeak and still be able to veiwer the forum.

2) you are payting part of the Copyright for songs when you pay monthly, because a small sum of £3.50 x that by 12 months you get £42 but then x that buy around 12 years you get £504 that is just a part for the (C) licences

1) What the hell does that have to do with the radio?

2) .... I don't understand.

silentlord.2008
11th June 2008, 12:58 PM
you have to read all the posts to get it, (noob) 1) is off topic

2) is about the monthly costs i am doing for the radio i was gonna donate

silentlord.2008
11th June 2008, 05:51 PM
this sucks, we don't have an radio and i have just started another BITCH fight about hutch(thats just fucking great)

VoX
11th June 2008, 05:59 PM
Dude, buying a Shoutcast DOES NOT pay the copyright fees, all it does is buy you the Shoutcast software.

ez64
11th June 2008, 07:11 PM
this is a real face palm thread, with a sticker of approval.

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/riker-facepalm.jpg

VoX
11th June 2008, 07:14 PM
Hahaha, nice way to lighten the mood of the thread.

silentlord.2008
11th June 2008, 10:02 PM
:P nice

Isphera
12th June 2008, 07:49 AM
EVERYONE STFU
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-pictures-escape-plan-fail.jpg

Mr.Big
12th June 2008, 12:55 PM
EVERYONE STFU
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-pictures-escape-plan-fail.jpg

yeah FAIL