PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: World At War

Calneon
22nd June 2008, 12:01 PM
A trailer has been released for the next CoD game, World At War. It' set in the jungle during WW2. The developers behind CoD:3, Treyarch, are developing it, but using Infinity Ward's engine. Going back to WW2 seems like a strange decision, I really hope they don't fuck it up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35412.html

Chazlene
22nd June 2008, 12:08 PM
Going back to World War 2 does seem like a stupid idea, since the same settings and type of characters, etc will just be reused, and that trailer didn't look much different from COD3. Call of Duty isn't the sort of game that would have a future setting, so they should have gone for something like the Korean War or the Falklands, wars in between WW2 and the modern day, to add variety.

Bloo
22nd June 2008, 12:19 PM
Well, if Infinity Ward make Call of Duty 6, I reckon they will probably set it in modern times again. Treyarch are probably only making Call of Duty 5 because Activision want to milk as much money out of the CoD "franchise" as possible.

VoX
22nd June 2008, 01:00 PM
It is so obvious that Infinity Ward's engine has been used there, it is basically CoD:4 but set in WW2.

Agree with Chaz here that they should go to something in-between. They could go for the future, but all future set war games are a massive fail in my opinion.

Darkeagle
22nd June 2008, 01:41 PM
Looks like it wont be comming out on ps3 then. :(

Chazlene
22nd June 2008, 01:43 PM
Looks like it wont be comming out on ps3 then. :(

It should be, since COD3 ONLY came out for consoles, and this is made by the same developers.

VoX
22nd June 2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah, and they probably wouldn't accept an exclusive to a console due to the mass demand they get from all 3 platforms.

Darkeagle
22nd June 2008, 02:12 PM
If you look at the end it is a game for windows and that means for xbox as well, but if your look at the bottem both there signs come up but none for ps3

Calneon
22nd June 2008, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty positive it will be, though I don't really care if it doesn't.

ez64
22nd June 2008, 02:41 PM
If you look at the end it is a game for windows and that means for xbox as well, but if your look at the bottem both there signs come up but none for ps3

Games for windows means, games made for a windows O/S it doesnt ensure that it will be released on the xbox or any other MS platform. its only the xbox symbol that ensures that which it did show :p

VoX
22nd June 2008, 02:44 PM
GTA4 only showed a 360 logo at the end, well it was a 360 ad, but it still came out on PS3.

EDIT:

Please don't mind the Games for Windows and Xbox 360 logo at the end of this video. Rest assured, Call of Duty: World at War will be making its way to the PS3. For one rea$on or another, the debut trailer for World at War was featured exclusively on the Xbox Live Marketplace. It looks like Treyarch is using a similar (if not the same) engine used by Infinity Ward for Call of Duty 4. However, will Treyarch be able to match the success of one of the best games of last year? - SOURCE (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/21/call-of-duty-world-at-war-trailer-debut/)

Bloo
22nd June 2008, 03:15 PM
I don't think you could do a Call of Duty for the Falklands war, since uhh, well purely for money reasons, most Americans don't even know there are group of islands called the Falklands, let alone there was a war. The Korean War? The weapons used were very similiar to WW2. Vietnam? No, just... no.

I think Infinity Ward will do another modern age game after CoD5, to be cynical, well they've killed Arabs and Russians in the last one. So this one would of course involves China or another Far Eastern power.

ez64
22nd June 2008, 05:32 PM
Or maybe fighting in the US in a new civil war after the rise to power from china?

Target
25th June 2008, 02:32 AM
Bit crap really realising two cod games in the same year, cant see that many people moving to this one unless its as good as COD2.

It luks like Medal of Honor where u start at Pearl Harbour and spend 90% of the game in the Jungle, pretty lame, flame thrower looks cool tho. Doesn't look like a game that would make it online but we'll wait and see :D

Vicious Horizon
25th June 2008, 04:36 PM
At least it's not the Europe part of the war. America vs. Japan is cool. I WANT A CoD: Vietnam GAME!

Bloo
25th June 2008, 05:16 PM
I WANT A CoD: Vietnam GAME!

Go to your corner and think about what you've just said.

VoX
25th June 2008, 05:41 PM
I've played the old MOH games where you spend most of your time in a forest, they sucked so much.

Midge
25th June 2008, 08:42 PM
vietnam wasnt even a proper war!! it was just americans getting bored and looking for trouble!!

Vicious Horizon
26th June 2008, 04:11 PM
I mean, playing as Vietcong, obviously xD

"Who said that!? WHO THE F*CK SAID THAT!?"
- Drill Sarge from Full Metal Jacket :)

Calneon
27th June 2008, 09:31 AM
New details about CoD:WaW

G4TV recently released new information about Call of Duty: World at War after attending Microsoft Games for Windows Convention. They got a sneak peak at a short part of a single player mission described as.

The Single Player Campaign starts out as you playing a American POW in a Japanese camp. After witnessing a fellow prisoner have his throat cut, described by G4TV as a brutally great scene you are freed by fellow American solders.

According to the game the game really captures the brutality of the war and the animosity towards the Japanese. G4TV depicts another scene from the short glimpse of the Single Player.

One particular moment saw two American soldiers arguing about what to do with a captured Japanese soldier. The argument lasts about 10 seconds before one of the soldiers just shoots the prisoner.

They also were able to uncover many important details about the multi-player/cooperative game although they were unable to get a hands on.

* CoD4 Perk System - Yes!
* CoD4 Prestige System - Yes!
* Vehicles in Multi-Player - Yes! (this means vehicle perks as well)
* Squad Based Perks - Yes! (meaning that people in a given radius get these upgrades)

Treyarch representatives stressed that the Squad System was not like the one seen in the Battlefield Franchise.

Read the whole article here (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/686550/Call_of_Duty_World_at_War_Impressions__Details.htm l).

aarathy
7th August 2008, 07:23 AM
I played this game in last night. It is better and more skillful FPS than Halo's online. The multiplayer portion of this game provides many game modes. It contains a leveling system that allows the player to unlock additional weapons, weapon attachments. It won numerous awards from gaming websites, including IGN's "Best Xbox 360 Game". It was the top-selling game worldwide for 2007. I liked this game very much.

Isphera
7th August 2008, 10:43 AM
DO NOT NECRO

Go away if your going to do this.

Calneon
7th August 2008, 11:10 AM
I played this game in last night. It is better and more skillful FPS than Halo's online. The multiplayer portion of this game provides many game modes. It contains a leveling system that allows the player to unlock additional weapons, weapon attachments. It won numerous awards from gaming websites, including IGN's "Best Xbox 360 Game". It was the top-selling game worldwide for 2007. I liked this game very much.
WTF? The game hasn't been released yet...

Please ban this guy, he's just necroing everything with spam.