PDA

View Full Version : JK: JA

Vicious Horizon
23rd June 2008, 08:38 PM
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

I'll often rave about this amazing game.. Other than the fact it's starwars, which I generally dislike :P
It's about 4 years old, so any old PC can play it. There are tonnes of clans lying around, and the people who play it are generally friendly and willing to help.
It's based around the Q3 Engine, so guns are awesome when you learn how to use them. But the sabers are the core of the game. Choose from:

Single saber: Blue, Yellow and Red.
Blue is fast, but not too powerful, it is paired with Duals (below) as a secondary mode.
Yellow is moderate, and a favourite for fanners, a technique for taking opponent's HP down while keeping up a monsterous defense.
Red is the "easiest" to learn. Infact, it's a matter of opinion. Red can kill an opponent in just 2 full hits. But the attack is slow and can be sort of easily dodged.

Dual: Dual and Blue

Dual sabers is one in each hand, but his the saber style button and it switches to blue style. The Duals are my weapon of choice, and come with awesome preset moves. Though everyone calls you a noob if you rape their asses with it.

Staff: Staff and General Single

Staff is Darth Maul style attacking. It is where the Fanning technique comes from. It is the strong style of the three overall, but is hardest to use. The alternate style for Staff is a Yellow style with no preset moves.

This game has an awesome SP too. Story based, and will teach you all you need for MP. There are hundreds of maps and mods out: www.jk3files.com will supply you with almost everything.

A tip for if you get it: DOWNLOAD THE DAMN PATCH, OR YOU CANT PLAY ON THE HUNDREDS OF SERVERS WHICH ARE PATCHED. You won't even see them. Only the sh*tty super-base servers. These servers are like ghost-towns, just for people who are passing through to the patched game..

Buy/Torrent it now! :D

VoX
23rd June 2008, 09:05 PM
Ahh, good old Star Wars.

I'm not a major RPG player but it looks pretty good. I'm gunna watch all 6 Star Wars films back to back this weekend :eek: I must be mad.

Vicious Horizon
23rd June 2008, 09:10 PM
It's not an RPG. It's a FPS or TPS.

Here's a good review. Although the stuff at the bottom about bad servers is gone now, seeing as all those crap servers are pretty much gone.
http://forums.andrax.net/index.php?act=Print&client=printer&f=19&t=1064

Vicious Horizon
24th June 2008, 06:10 PM
BTW, If anyone has this game, I'm setting up an old clan, and if they know how to work JA+ server.cfg files, I'll welcome them on board XD