PDA

View Full Version : ATK Gaming Teams: Match Servers

Chalex4
25th June 2008, 09:51 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/servers.png

I am delighted to say that DirectClanHosting (http://www.directclanhosting.com/) has agreed to sponsor us with two match servers. The details are as follows:

Counter-Strike: Source - 12 slot 100tick
Team Fortress 2 - 16 slot 100tick

Since DCH is getting two new dedicated servers (Quad Core 9300+ 8GB RAM) on the 1st of July we will be waiting until then until the servers are set up. This will ensure that our match servers are of the highest possible quality, making sure that you won't experience any lag during those important matches!

At the moment these servers will just be used by the A teams for practicing and matches. However, when we have enough members to justify more teams, we will also allow those teams access to the servers.

So, what are we giving DCH in return? I have agreed that we will continue to advertise DCH as much as we possibly can, with adverts on the match servers through Mani and also in my custom match scripts, meaning that every clan we play will have to read it.

We will also make sure DCH is advertised in our gaming team names such as on the Enemy Down website and also on our in-game names whilst playing matches. For example, my name would appear as "|ATK| Chalex4 |DirectClanHosting.com". Many clans do this these days, and it is an excellent way of advertising companies like DCH.

Thanks again to DirectClanHosting (http://www.directclanhosting.com/) for being an awesome sponsor, we would be nowhere without them. If you are interested in buying your own server, check out the DCH site now: 30% off on all game/voice servers as well as 10% off on dedicated servers!!! (offer ends 18th July)

In terms of the CoD4 server, I am not sure at present whether that will be staying. However, the other servers will definitely be kept. Whether they are running the same mods depends on what you say below. In my opinion, the Hide and Seek server should change to a normal maps server, and the fun server to a reverse gungame deathmatch. What are your thoughts? I would also really appreciate your opinions on the match servers.

Darkeagle
25th June 2008, 09:53 PM
Wow i honestly didnt think anything would really happen.

On the note of mods, norm and reverse gun game sounds good!

Marshy
25th June 2008, 10:00 PM
WOO sounds good

ez64
25th June 2008, 10:37 PM
Result! once again from Chalex and the DCH team.

Midge
26th June 2008, 12:09 AM
brilliant, absolutely marvelous :D well played!! all sounds goooood!! chalex, are you going to write the match scripts from scratch or load on the official ED ones with tweaks, like adding the DCH advert line?

Chalex4
26th June 2008, 07:20 AM
There will probably be a mixture of scripts. I may well just add the DCH adverts to the ED ones, since it would be difficult to make those from scratch.

Calneon
26th June 2008, 09:32 AM
Sounds great! Reverse gungame ftw :D.

Marshy
26th June 2008, 11:08 AM
normal server

Vicious Horizon
26th June 2008, 04:08 PM
Voting for a normal server here : P We need to change the hide and seek one to a zombie mod one :P

VoX
26th June 2008, 04:47 PM
Oh god, please not Zombie Mod.

Awesome, nice one Chalex and thanks again to DCH. There could be some minor issues with the name however; I can fit it in fine but people with longer names such as Darkeagle may have some trouble, but I'm sure this can easily be sorted :).

Midge
26th June 2008, 04:51 PM
nooooo not zombie mod!! evil! evil!
i thought the names looked a bit too long myself aswell

VoX
26th June 2008, 05:46 PM
They don't look particularly proportionate and I'm not sure if they would actually fit lol.

The best name I've ever seen was "And They Told Me This Name Won't Fi" obviosly the t made it too long lol.

Would DCH consider allowing us to have just our tags as "|ATK| VoX |DCH|" and advertise them in every other way possible such as in scripts and in our league homepage?

Chalex4
26th June 2008, 06:02 PM
Would DCH consider allowing us to have just our tags as "|ATK| VoX |DCH|" and advertise them in every other way possible such as in scripts and in our league homepage?

I am sure they would be fine with that, since it wouldn't fit another way. If your name is shorter, then instead of |DCH| you should put at least |DirectClanHosting|.

Marshy
26th June 2008, 06:37 PM
I mean DCH have done loads for us but surely |DCH| would be fine if on our page it said |ATK| - www.atkcommunity.com and |DCH| - www.directclanhosting.com

Chazlene
26th June 2008, 07:53 PM
I mean DCH have done loads for us but surely |DCH| would be fine if on our page it said |ATK| - www.atkcommunity.com and |DCH| - www.directclanhosting.com

Well you might as well put |DirectClanHosting| if you can, since it would help advertise if anyone went on a different server. Also having |ATK| at the beginning and |DCH| at the end looks a little too repetitive.

In terms of what servers we have, I think the list should be like this:

CSS Normal Maps
CSS Reverse Gungame Deathmatch
CSS Match Server
TF2 Match Server
TF2 Public Server

VoX
26th June 2008, 07:56 PM
I'm in agreement with Chaz on both points there.

Vicious Horizon
27th June 2008, 07:46 AM
|ATK|[PAN]ther|DirectClanHosting| For me then? I'll see next time I'm on.

(What's wrong with ZM?)

Marshy
27th June 2008, 12:56 PM
Dont have [PAN] it sucks

Trigger
27th June 2008, 03:04 PM
Gd news on the servers, nice 1 chalex look forward to future games on the match servers :D