PDA

View Full Version : ATK Gaming Teams: NEW SERVERS!!!

Chalex4
11th July 2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/servers.png

Wow, four announcements within a few days, I must be going mad. Anyway, this announcement is the definitely the most exciting by far. I have been discussing the possibility of our gaming teams having two match servers with Direct Clan Hosting (http://www.directclanhosting.com/) for the last month or so, and we have finally reached a conclusion. Luckily for you guys it is the response we were hoping for, and we NOW have two NEW MATCH SERVERS!!! Here are the details:

Game: Counter-Strike: Source
IP: 81.19.217.142:27016
Slots: 13
Tickrate: 100
ATK-TV: 81.19.217.142:27050
TV slots: 50

Game: Team Fortress 2
IP: 81.19.217.135:27017
Slots: 17
Tickrate: 100
ATK-TV: 81.19.217.135:27050
TV slots: 50

Password (same for both): atkgaming

Also, since Steam Favourites can sometimes be a little retarded, remember that you can always connect to the servers through the console e.g. "connect 81.19.217.142:27016".

I would like to give a HUGE thank you to Direct Clan Hosting (http://www.directclanhosting.com/) for these servers. We already have a number of services proved by them for free, and I acknowledge that they could easily have said no to these additional servers. I urge you all to check out their site and encourage your friends to do so as well. They also have fantastic deals on at the moment, with 10% off all dedicated servers, and 30% of game and voice servers. We have now been with DCH for just over a year, and I am incredibly grateful for the immense level of support they have given us. It is also important to remember that we are doing the following in return:

We will also make sure DCH is advertised in our gaming team names such as on the Enemy Down website and also on our in-game names whilst playing matches. For example, my name would appear as "|ATK| Chalex4 |DirectClanHosting.com". Many clans do this these days, and it is an excellent way of advertising companies like DCH.

I have been extremely busy over the last few hours in getting these servers in perfect match condition for all of you. By this I mean that they both have the latest match configs straight from the EnemyDown website, with ZBlock, Mani, and some custom scripts made by me for doing three restarts etc.

I will need to speak to Vox and Darkeagle as soon as possible about all of the admin details. Since it can be limiting to only have mani access when running matches, I am going to give the two leaders the RCON password (different for each server). You must all understand that they are to give this password to NOONE else, since most of the regularly used commands are already added in Mani.

Please be sensible with these servers, and always do your best to promote the community in your matches. If I hear of ANY bad encounters between our teams and other teams, I will not hesitate from removing people from the teams. The team leaders are not immune from this either. These gaming teams will allowing us to spread ATK's wings into a whole new area of gaming, and I will not have our reputation spoiled by them.

All in all, I hope you find these servers useful. I certainly think we will.

Snerfs
11th July 2008, 02:37 PM
GJ Chalex, finally 100tick servers!!! btw, do we even have a 2nd team or not? :S

Yeyy for DCH once again i spose then.

Trigger
11th July 2008, 03:01 PM
Gr8 work then Chalex and DCH, hopefully we can start getting the teams up and running now then.:D

Midge
11th July 2008, 04:15 PM
wooooohoooooo!!! good job chalex, well done, and ofc ty DCH!! woop woop!!
does that mean only vox can start lo3 and stuffs, or are there going to be restricted admins aswell?

Chalex4
11th July 2008, 04:28 PM
We don't have any B teams as of yet, but that will change when the A team is sorted.

Everyone, or whoever VoX chooses, will be able to access the ED configs and my scripts through mani (including 3 restarts etc). Only VoX will be able to change any extra commands which require RCON. But, to be honest, RCON isn't really needed.

Mr.Big
11th July 2008, 04:30 PM
wait, cant the visitors read the password to who are reading this thread :P ???

Chalex4
11th July 2008, 04:31 PM
Yep. If it is abused, I will just change it.

Mr.Big
11th July 2008, 04:37 PM
hehe :D:D:D:D but how are the teams?

Midge
11th July 2008, 04:56 PM
the teams atm are non existant until weds lmao
yea remember that guys CSS training on Weds!!!
ok chalex, thats kool, i see what ya mean by rcon not needed by all

VoX
11th July 2008, 04:59 PM
Awesome, big thanks to DCH!

I'll sort the admin thing out in time, but it's likely that most members will have admin to start match scripts etc.

Again, thanks Chalex and DCH!

Marshy
11th July 2008, 07:19 PM
WOO oh wait i need CSS but good news im getting it now

Thanks Chalex and DCH

Chazlene
11th July 2008, 07:32 PM
Does this mean we're getting rid of any of our other servers or not Chalex? (I don't care if you said in your post, I can't be arsed to read it all).

And about B teams... can we call them 'fun' teams instead, which play surf matches, etc? Just so it doesn't make people feel bad. :p

VoX
11th July 2008, 08:17 PM
That's like being in Smile Maths.

Chalex4
11th July 2008, 10:38 PM
We are keeping all of our servers for the time being. I have decided that we will see how popular our servers are over the summer, and I will allow DCH to remove the most inactive one. This will most probably be the CoD4 server.

In terms of B teams, they will be sorted out once the A teams are finalised.

VoX
11th July 2008, 10:59 PM
In terms of B teams, they will be sorted out once the A teams are finalised.

December.

Only joking, should be all up and going soon.

Marshy
2nd October 2008, 06:15 PM
Epic fail you posted more than once khxbai