PDA

View Full Version : Chalex4 at Birmingham Uni

Chalex4
12th July 2008, 12:29 PM
From Sunday 13th July I will be away at Birmingham University on an Engineering Course. This will last for 5 days until Thursday 17th, when I will be taking the train home.

I will have my phone with me, people like Chazlene have my number, so if you need me, just call. Also, I will use my phone to periodically check up on the site, but probably won't have the time to post anything much.

If servers need updating, Chazlene and VoX have the details. When I get back, I will collect the t-shirts and start preparing for i34!!!!

Calneon
12th July 2008, 01:30 PM
Awesome, what is this for? Some sort of taster session? Whatever it is, hope you enjoy it!

Chazlene
12th July 2008, 02:58 PM
Haha, I'm just imagining now how you would cope being surrounded by a load of Brummies...

Have a good time, make sure you don't bump into Hardie.

ez64
12th July 2008, 04:07 PM
Do what we did for our first few weeks of uni, turn up drunk to every lesson and just before the end :)

Chalex4
13th July 2008, 11:17 AM
In response to your question Phantom, the course:

Introduces students to different branches of engineering
Provides "hands-on" experience of real engineering problems.
Shows students what it is like to study engineering at university.
Helps students to decide which university course to apply for.

Benefits:
by gaining a clear understanding of the range and nature of engineering degree courses
by developing your technological, teamworking and communication skills
by meeting and working with professional engineers and technologists
by experiencing university life

I will tell you what it was like when I return. I have asked some people I know who have been on it before, and they say it was really good :D.

ez64
13th July 2008, 01:23 PM
"by experiencing university life "

We will never see chalex again :D

spawnofebil
22nd July 2008, 03:54 PM
How much did you drink?

If you drank less than the annual GDP of a small developing African country then you've failed in your mission as a student.