PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Radio on the servers

Chazlene
4th March 2007, 02:20 PM
There is a huge problem with the radio, for example, yesterday I put together an hour long C2G Radio show and got an average of about three listeners. This has happened many times before, and the most listeners we have ever had is a measly 15. The problem is that C2G Radio is not constantly broadcasting, so people on the CSS servers have no idea when to tune in. We need to have some sort of message that comes up on the servers and makes a big noise or something whenever the stream is encoding if it is possible, so we can get a decent amount of listeners. Also on the main site we need a Radio section which says when the radio is up rather than just displaying it at the top of the forums, which also has a shoutout system like the shoutbox and a link to the requests thread.
We really need this if it is possible Chalex.

VoX
4th March 2007, 02:24 PM
i know that me, chaos and hutch shout out through admin on the servers when its up but if were not on there it does just go unnoticed

the witch
4th March 2007, 03:23 PM
yeh i must admit theres alot of confusion about when the radios on ect , all of the above are great ideas but maybe have a sub forum within the community chat/ normal forum where listings/ djs , times and what not could be listed? Also what about mass mediaing it i.e posting the radio i.p on numerous forums , making sprays within cs:s with the details maybe even embedding a custom spray into the maps playing on the servers in hard to miss places.

Another idea could be to contact server owners and ask them to promote the radio (have the in game chat thing etc) in exchange for us redirecting traffic to there servers when ares are full/ promote there clan or server via the radio ie do shout outs that kinda thing , or just simple ask them if they would be nice enough to use are radio instead of "fragfm". this could be done via forums such as www.gameservers.com where people are desperate for help populating there servers. it may also be useful to ask connect2gaming if they could use are radio ip as the default when being requested to set up the scripts on servers.

of course before all of this could happen the radio needs to be well established. not in the way of awareness but in organization i.e clear times and a constant feed.

VoX
4th March 2007, 04:23 PM
like them ideas and also the C2G idea might get us some more funding

D@rw!n
4th March 2007, 08:10 PM
Can't you just set up a long long mix with different songs that goes on the radio when noone are there. Time to time you maybe can change it in different ways, like new songs, different orders to play the songs in. Or I don't know. Does someone need to be there mixing in the radio when the radio is activated? If that is true my idea can go straight to hell! ^^ :D