PDA

View Full Version : ATK Gaming Teams @ i34!!

Chalex4
24th July 2008, 09:34 PM
We have been considering the idea of entering a few teams at i34 and have just come up with the following teams for CoD4 and BF2:

Call of Duty 4:

Target {confirmed} signed up
Chalex4 {confirmed} signed up
Trigger {confirmed} signed up
Phantom {confirmed} signed up
Ez64 {confirmed} signed up

Battlefield 2:

Cillit Bang {confirmed} signed up
Snerfs {confirmed} signed up
Chazlene {confirmed} signed up
Oricalcos {confirmed} signed up
Colonel Mitchel {confirmed} signed up

These are by no means the final teams, but I thought I would at least get the ball rolling. If you want to change team, not be in a team, join a team etc then please post below.

Please MAKE SURE that you have a bought retail version of the game before you enter a team for that specific game. Early matches are played on your own PC, semi-finals and finals are played on the Grand Stage.

I will keep the list updated as people say which teams they want to be in.

ez64
24th July 2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the offer I bought BF2/SF and 2142 on release but never got into the games.

CSS however :D

Snerfs
24th July 2008, 09:36 PM
BF2 for me then, dont have CoD4, and i can drive/pilot pretty good, just ask vox xD

Paper Tiger
24th July 2008, 09:37 PM
Would prefer CoD4, but need to get a retail version of the game, not a downloaded one. Have BF2 but I'm by no means amazing at it.

Snerfs
24th July 2008, 09:38 PM
i dont think any of us are, but it dont matter, its all about fun

Paper Tiger
24th July 2008, 09:39 PM
True. I'll go for both if possible :)

ez64
24th July 2008, 09:40 PM
If anyone needs a retail BF2 just for the tourney Id be more than happy to lend it.

Chalex4
24th July 2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the offer I bought BF2/SF and 2142 on release but never got into the games.

No worries, I have now removed you from the BF2 team.

Would prefer CoD4, but need to get a retail version of the game, not a downloaded one. Have BF2 but I'm by no means amazing at it.

Did you actually buy CoD4 via Steam, because that is OK by all means. If you *somehow* acquired it, then you need to buy it.

I definitely want to be in the CoD4 team, it has been such an age since I played BF2 properly. I will wait until Trigger/Phantom/Oricalcos reply before we say which team you are in Paper Tiger.

EDIT: I am not going to allow anyone to enter both teams, since it is likely that matches will cross-over.

ez64
24th July 2008, 09:45 PM
If theres space in the COD4 team aka if someone on the list doesnt want it and after the others I wouldnt mine joining as im not amazing but im not bad and could train up and would love to be in one tournament if were not going into the CSS one.

Chalex4
24th July 2008, 09:50 PM
Ok, I have added you to the possible CoD4 team ez64. I would love to enter a CSS team, but we would be absolutely raped and SOOOOO many teams are entering :(.

Paper Tiger
24th July 2008, 09:51 PM
I'd be better at CoD4 than BF2 tbh, so I'd rather that. I 'acquired' it. How much is the full game, via Steam?

Chalex4
24th July 2008, 09:54 PM
How much is the full game, via Steam?

Call of Duty 4: $69.99 (£35.23 ish)

Paper Tiger
24th July 2008, 09:56 PM
Alright. I'll have a play around on my 'acquired' version a bit more, see if it's worth me getting is (If I'm any good at it or not!)

I'll get back to you ASAP about it. Put me down as a yes for now though on CoD4, if not, Chalex, you can have my place.

ez64
24th July 2008, 10:05 PM
Ok, I have added you to the possible CoD4 team ez64. I would love to enter a CSS team, but we would be absolutely raped and SOOOOO many teams are entering :(.

True.

Trigger
24th July 2008, 10:05 PM
Ill be up for cod4, i was pretty decent at it at one point. bit rusty now but id definitely be in for that. ;)

I can tell you now that Phantom would want in to cod4 as well but he can confirm that himself later.

Me and Phantom are also entering the COH tournament on behalf of ATK :p which shouldnt effect us with any of the other tournaments, just thought id let you know

ez64
24th July 2008, 10:21 PM
Maybe its getting near two ATK cod4 teams?

Chazlene
24th July 2008, 10:26 PM
Well, I'm in the BF2 team and don't even have it installed right now. :p

I'd still prefer to be in the BF2 team, since I would REALLY suck at competitive COD4.

Isphera
24th July 2008, 10:47 PM
Ill do BF2

Target
24th July 2008, 11:42 PM
Go Play.com Before You Buy Games There Soo Much Cheaper And Free Delivery!!!!!!!

Colonel Mitch
25th July 2008, 01:29 AM
yep im in 4 bf2

Calneon
25th July 2008, 10:37 AM
Me and Trigger for CoH team :D.

EDIT: Oh and yeah I confirm my spot for the Cod4 tourney.

Chalex4
25th July 2008, 11:41 AM
Unfortunately it looks like Ez64 and Paper Tiger are competing for the same spot in the CoD4 team.

What I was thinking was that since Trigger and Phantom are entering another tournament anyway, one of them could give their spot to ez64 or Paper Tiger, so that everyone at least gets a go at playing in a tourny.

EDIT: I just remembered that Paper Tiger doesn't own a proper version of CoD4 yet, so are you going to buy it or do you want to give your place to ez64?

ez64
25th July 2008, 11:51 AM
Whoever runs in and finds the ATK spot out of me and paper tiger at i34 wins :D

Calneon
25th July 2008, 12:01 PM
There isn't a CoH tourney (that I know of, does the fun one count?), but I don't mind giving my spot to somebody else if they want it. Do we have enough for 2 teams?

Paper Tiger
25th July 2008, 02:41 PM
If you want the space ez64, go for it. You'll probably do a better job than myself! I just want to do it 'cos it'll be fun!

And besides, like Chalex said, I don't actually own a retail copy YET!

ez64
25th July 2008, 03:35 PM
I dont mind seriously as it will just be a fun tournament although a bit more chance than css.

Paper Tiger
25th July 2008, 03:57 PM
Up to you mate. I really don't mind. Knowing me, I'll be another man for the opposition! lol

VoX
25th July 2008, 06:32 PM
BF2 for me then, dont have CoD4, and i can drive/pilot pretty good, just ask vox xD

Your not as good as me and Midge on PR though :D

iGi Commander: "Squad seven, what took you out?"
Me: "Hill."
Commander: "Enemy hill?"
Midge: "Yeap."

Chalex4
25th July 2008, 07:07 PM
Unfortunately we don't have enough people for 2 CoD4 teams, since matches will clash with the BF2 team's so we couldn't use any of the players in that team.

The sooner Paper Tiger and ez64 come to a decision, the sooner I can sign us all up :).

Paper Tiger
25th July 2008, 10:01 PM
I'd like to do it, but personally, I think ez64 should do it.

Chalex4
30th July 2008, 10:04 AM
Since you don't have COD4 at the moment Paper Tiger, I am going to add ez64 to the team instead.

I will be submitting our teams into the events today :D.

Paper Tiger
30th July 2008, 10:19 AM
Fine by me! I don't really have enough to get CoD4 (Well, parents can't pay for it and I give them the money), so that's a fair decision IMO.

Snerfs
30th July 2008, 12:25 PM
and tbh gary,. you've already spent a lot on this event + spending money, and to buy a game yhat you'll probably never play again, or not to often, is it worth it? :P

ez64
30th July 2008, 03:28 PM
Ok thanks for the posistion, do I need to sign up at all?

Snerfs
30th July 2008, 03:31 PM
no, chalex has to get his butt in gear, he signs the team up with members names. ill be signing up the BF2 team if he cant do it :D

Chalex4
30th July 2008, 03:47 PM
Since I couldn't sign up for 2 teams, Daemon signed us up for BF2. Follow these instructions to join your specific team:

1. Go to http://i34.multiplay.co.uk/tournaments/register/
2. Login with your Multiplay username and password (same as booking for i34)
3. Click the "Sponsored" tab
4. Click the dropdown menu for either COD4 or BF2 (depending on which team you are in)
5. Select "Aim to Kill #COD4" or "Aim to Kill #BF2"
6. Click SAVE at the bottom of the page (do not forget this!!!)

Please can you all sign up as soon as possible, so that we have this finalised well in advance. Please post below when you have added yourself to the correct team. Thanks.

Snerfs
30th July 2008, 03:48 PM
Signed Up Team and Registered, YOU MUST DO THIS OR YOU CAN NOT PLAY

ez64
30th July 2008, 04:05 PM
Signed up and saved, will get training on my 55 star general :D

Trigger
30th July 2008, 04:09 PM
Done and saved as well. Ez or anyone else who wants to train on cod4 add my xfire trigger31770 ( If you've got xfire that is) and well get some practice in together. :D were gonna need it :p

P.S Anyone played with that promod thing thats going to be used for the matches?

ez64
30th July 2008, 04:44 PM
Never even heard of it -_-

I think it just tightens up the aiming system to take off all the "wow marketing" stuff and make it competition ready like CSS.

If you havent got a 5 star general like me its worth getting it as it gives you a major advantage if there using online stats. (http://forum.netcoders.cc/call-duty/12623-new-mpdata-how-unlock-everything-cod4-lvl-55-all-guns-camos.html)

Also please post up your class setups so we can all decide whats best.

Trigger
30th July 2008, 07:52 PM
I believe at i33 they didnt use perks and everyone had basic weapons but im not to sure what they will do this time. Im lvl 52 btw ( Had to start again as i uninstalled and didnt save files :mad:)So i dont need to worry to much about leveling up.

My weapon sets are as follows:

1. AK-47
2. G3
3. M16
4. R-700
5. Mp5

I mostly have 3 frag, bullet penetration and stopping power with my sets. ( seems to Kill people quicker ;) )
Close range and using assault weapons i am pretty decent with but my sniping aint what it used to be :rolleyes:

Chalex4
2nd August 2008, 07:43 PM
Everyone should have signed up by now, although I have not heard from the following people:

Target
Phantom
Colonel Mitchel

Once the guys above have signed up, please post here to let us know.

Calneon
2nd August 2008, 07:57 PM
I'm signed up.

I'm pretty sure that the mod used in competitive matches gives you basic weapons and a very limited selection of perks/addons. If I remember correctly, I once played a match mod that gave each class Bandolier and Stopping power, and the only thing you could change was weapon and silencer.

Considering that the finals wouldn't be played on your own PC, it seems unlikely that they would allow unlockables. My guess is it's gonna be a match mod on the server (actually, i'm pretty certain it will be).

In which case, it doesn't matter about classes, we only need to decide who uses what weapon which we can do during training (lolz).

Chalex4
3rd August 2008, 08:26 PM
Awesome, it looks like everyone has signed up now :). Let the carnage begin!!