PDA

View Full Version : Need new headset + mic before i34

Paper Tiger
1st August 2008, 09:15 AM
As some of you know, my headset is dead. Mic doesn't work.

Going to get a new one before i34, so if anyones got any suggestions on what one to get, I'd be very greatful!

Looking to spend no more than £50 really.

Here are two I've looked at myself:

SpeedLink Medusa SL-8793 5.1 ProGamer Edition (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-026-SL) £45.81

Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-091-CL) £28.19

Personally, I'm going more towards the SpeedLink at the moment.

Toxic
1st August 2008, 09:34 AM
Get the creative fatality headset. The sound quality is great aswell as the mic quality. They're comfy to wear and can fit almost any size of head.

Best headset I've had so far.

Calneon
1st August 2008, 09:39 AM
This (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-024-SN&groupid=702&catid=1058&subcat=502&name=Sennheiser%20PC161%20Pro-Gaming%20Headset%20(500927)) TBH.

Really comfy, great sound, haven't had a fault with them for almost two years. Oh and they look way better than those SpeedLink ones :P.

Paper Tiger
1st August 2008, 09:47 AM
What are the ear cups like? Size wise and comfort?

Chalex4
1st August 2008, 10:26 AM
I have the speedlink medusa headset, couldn't recommend it enough.

Paper Tiger
1st August 2008, 10:45 AM
Btw, I plan to make a decision based on what I know and have read later today so they *SHOULD* arrive on Monday. Enough time for me to try them and get used to them before i34

Calneon
1st August 2008, 11:20 AM
The Sennheisers go on your ears, as they have smaller cups, as opposed to around them. They are very soft, but one of the downsides (the only downside) is that they do let in some ambiant sound, which can be good if you want to know what's going on around you.

Paper Tiger
1st August 2008, 12:36 PM
Btw, it's probably worth mentioning that I often wear glasses now when gaming or on the computer... If that makes a difference or not, I don't know, but I thouht I'd mention it!

I suppose the ambient sound is a good idea, so you have SOME idea what's happening outside side our little worlds.

What are they like for music and films, Phantom?

Midge
1st August 2008, 07:02 PM
Sennheiser are great quality, and well worth the money
ive got the stereo version of the speedlink medusa and its incredible, cud only imagine what the 5.1 version would be like so id highly recommend that

Calneon
1st August 2008, 10:18 PM
I wear glasses and they're fine for me. For music they are great (though I have a good sound card, and I don't really have much to compare it against), I don't watch films on my PC so I wouldn't know about that.

Paper Tiger
2nd August 2008, 01:53 PM
I think I'm going to go with the Sennheisers... Seeing as Phantom has tried them with glasses :)

Calneon
2nd August 2008, 04:40 PM
Heh, well, they go over your ears so they don't even make contact with the glasses :D.

Paper Tiger
2nd August 2008, 06:59 PM
Cool =] Cheers for the info guys. I'll try order them tonight (If the mother can get off her arse!) lol