PDA

View Full Version : Gemma Atkinson featuring in Red Alert 3

Chalex4
5th August 2008, 01:13 PM
That’s right folks, we’ve had to hold this in until now but we can finally announce that Gemma will be appearing at M Festival to promote Red Alert 3, in which she has a role.

Playing Lt Eva McKenna, Gemma has been filming her part over in the US of A for the past few weeks and is returning home to be at M Festival where she will be on the EA stand, signing posters and posing for photos.

Gemma joins a long list of famous faces who have been in previous Command & Conquer games including James Earl Jones (Star Wars), Josh Holloway (Lost), Billy Dee Williams (Star Wars), Michael Biehn (The Terminator, Aliens), Natasha Henstridge (Species), Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica), Jennifer Morrison (House), and Michael Ironside (Top Gun).

Former Hollyoaks star and I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! survivor Gemma Atkinson has been unveiled as the latest star who will be appearing in Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3, the highly anticipated continuation of the real-time strategy videogame.

Making her videogame acting debut, Gemma, 23, will play Lt Eva McKenna, a character familiar to fans of Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 2. A military officer with a sexy twinkle in her eye and a British stiff upper lip, Eva is a communications officer for the Allied coalition in their fight against the Soviet and Rising Sun superpowers.

The game, which takes place in an alternate timeline and imagines what would have happened if time travel had been used by both Albert Einstein and the Soviet Union, features an epic global confrontation with you at the controls of your chosen faction.

Gemma said: “I’m a gamer and the chance to act in one of the best loved videogames was an opportunity I was really keen to explore – especially as Eva is such a strong female character. The worlds of gaming and film are getting ever closer and as an actress I wanted to explore this exciting new area of drama, broaden my acting skills and continue the active, outgoing side of my personality that I showed in I’m A Celebrity…”

Gemma was in Hollyoaks for five years as troubled teenager Lisa Hunter. She later appeared in ITV’s primetime show Soapstar Superstar and last year she bravely stepped into the Aussie jungle to battle in the bush tucker challenges in I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!. She has a role in forthcoming Brit flick Boogie Woogie alongside Jamie Winston, Christopher Lee and Heather Graham, which hits cinemas nationwide in August 2008.

Read this week’s Zoo magazine for a full interview with Gemma and to see her stunning new photoshoot in the guise of her Red Alert 3 character, Lt Eva McKenna.

Gemma will be appearing at the M-Festival gaming event at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire this Friday, August 8 where she will be signing posters featuring her character and meeting fans. Source (http://i34.multiplay.co.uk/newsid/337/)

So now we really know why she is going, sounds like a much better reason now rather than "she has always been an avid gamer". Also, read the bold text, you can bet I will try to get a picture with her :D. I am sure Cillit Bang will also get in line for a pic lol.

Calneon
5th August 2008, 01:41 PM
Haha, awesome! Should be.... fun.

Chazlene
5th August 2008, 03:49 PM
http://www.discountcalendars.com/images/gemma%20atkinson%20fc.jpg

Wha...? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention...

VoX
5th August 2008, 05:36 PM
Woot, glad I've applied for the Red Alert 3 beta :p (Thanks Oric.)

Calneon
5th August 2008, 05:44 PM
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/3520/chalexatkinsonmy4.jpg

VoX
5th August 2008, 06:03 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the hardest a Photoshop has made me lol.

Midge
5th August 2008, 06:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHA omfg that is brilliant! 10/10

Isphera
5th August 2008, 09:12 PM
1100/10, a hug token and a seal of approval and general lolness to Phantom. He just got onto my Lush List.

Calneon
5th August 2008, 10:03 PM
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2673/orichugtokencopyzg8.png

I will take it to i34 and dispense for big hug. Or I am willing to trade hug token for cookies.

ez64
5th August 2008, 10:38 PM
Gemma atkinson can feature in my pants.

Yes thats right I went there.

Mr.Big
5th August 2008, 10:41 PM
haha i love that photo shop job :) thumbs up

Chalex4
5th August 2008, 11:01 PM
snip

Nice photoshopping, I can only hope that happens :p.

VoX
6th August 2008, 06:16 PM
Woot, my hug token will have a use for once!