PDA

View Full Version : Another member announcement...

Isphera
18th August 2008, 08:39 PM
I have been considering when to write this, but as FaTaL comes back, it seems that we must balance our membership number.

Some of you may have noticed a very large gap on the TS server and the forums in the last week. That is because I have been busy doing stuff not related to gaming.

One of the things I have done since i34 is consider the priority I must give to certain activities in relation to the amount of time I give them. Gaming, in particular World of Warcraft, has taken up a large proportion of my time in the last 12 months, to the point it bordered on the line of outright stupidity. I therefore made a quiet decision to myself that the time would come down. However, other things have occurred between that decision and now.

I have made a list of the activities that I must allocate time for in the next 12 months. It includes the large amount of work that I intend to put into my A2 levels to be practically assured of several A-levels at grade A, in order to enter as good of university as possible. It also includes the possibility of taking a small number of AS module retakes (the number, which modules for which subjects, and whether I will do it or not yet is not firmly decided and won't be discussed here.). Another activity which I must consider is the increased gym and fitness schedule I will uphold, in order to gain a better standard of life, as well as prepare for the possibility of joining the Oxford Saints American Football club, yet another activity I must account for.

I have prioritised these activities, and computer gaming with ATK has ranked low on that list. I have considered all options for the past two days, and have come to a final decision.

I will be temporarily leaving the Aim To Kill community, for a minimum of 9 months. The key word there is temporarily. I still wish to be seen as a member. I still wish to be a part of the community during the summer of next year, especially seeing the number of us present at i37 increase further, such as the possibility of meeting members that I have not had the pleasure (or in some cases, displeasure) to see in person, as well as enjoy another weekend with those I have. But in the next nine months, even the holidays I have will be too busy in order to contribute at all to the community. I have AS modules to revise for, I have NFL games to attend, I have two trips abroad, to Minnesota in December and New York in February, and I have revision for the most important exams of my life so far at Easter, and the work that must be put into them from September 2nd, the day I return for my final year of Sixth Form.

I will state that again for those that are reading this going either 'WTF, he didn't just say that' or the people that cannot believe their luck in the fact that they have got rid of me. I am leaving the ATK community for a minimum of nine months.

My final comments will relate to thanks and what I wish of people. I want to thank Chalex for putting together the best community I have been a part of on the internet, as well as putting up with the constant pedo jokes. I want to thank Chazlene for his continued effort to insure our site looks as good as it can, as well as attempting to keep me and my comments in check. I want to thank 'Team Lush' a.k.a The WoW crew plus a few, for making the game experience of WoW and others the best it could be. I don't want to thank Freddie though, as it was him that got me into it as much as I did. But I do want to thank him for being the greatest ginger paladin on the entire server. John and VoX, we will remain the feared threesome (not in that way...), and I wand you to continue to brutalise fuckwits and spactards with brutal efficiency and awesomeness. Don't be angry if I missed you out, I probably thank you for something...except Hutch.

To conclude, thank you again, and please have no doubt about this – I will be back soon.

Lord Orix of Lushness
(Yes, I did that so it spelt LOL)

P.S Before you ask, WoW runs out tomorrow.

Vicious Horizon
18th August 2008, 08:41 PM
Ok dude, good luck and have fun, we'll all miss you... And you'd better come back so i haven't been saving these Hug Tokens for nothing.

Isphera
18th August 2008, 08:42 PM
Ive removed the underline and bold, because there is no way you read the whole thing in that time period :)

Paper Tiger
18th August 2008, 08:57 PM
Best of luck, Marcus! I can assure you, you're going to be missed! Make you (if you have time) you keep in contact :) Will be nice to hear from you every so often.

Speak somewhen soon and definatly look forward to seeing you at i37 next year!

Chazlene
18th August 2008, 09:08 PM
I'll still see you at school, but it is a shame you're leaving for that long, although it's good idea. All of us here probably should consider doing the same thing. :p

Trigger
18th August 2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah good luck to accomplishing your plans then and best of luck to you.

I'll still see you at school, but it is a shame you're leaving for that long, although it's good idea. All of us here probably should consider doing the same thing. :p

This has got me thinking now as well tbh. Lol, im as guilty as anyone of spending to much time on this machine. :o

ez64
18th August 2008, 09:40 PM
:D wimps the lot of you, its called balance.

Snerfs
18th August 2008, 10:40 PM
good, sod off!!!

:P lol jk, all the best, and y keep in touch, im not gonna be on either as much, but ill still be on every few days so catch up, but not as active as i have been during the summer. gogo shitty education xD

Paper Tiger
18th August 2008, 11:04 PM
I'm definatly guilty of sitting infront of my computer too much XD

Having said that, I cycle a lot! And work. But other than that, I don't have much else to do, hence why I waste the hours on here.

Target
19th August 2008, 12:26 AM
Well at least you got ur priorities rite but remember all work and no play makes Oric a big gay...im goin to uni in sept so i doubt i'll be able to fit much time on the pc in or ts, but ill prob b about now and again if i can.. anyway at least there plenty on room on ts now orix gone :D GL+HF

Vicious Horizon
19th August 2008, 10:04 AM
I skim read :P And I'm siggin this: I probably thank you for something...except Hutch.

VoX
19th August 2008, 11:50 AM
Have a good one Oric, hope to see you soon in 9 months, and maybe on and off before, just wait for some forum necro's :p. Hope to see you at i37 and good luck with all the module re-takes.

Fuck, I just realised I've got most of this next year :(.

Toxic
19th August 2008, 06:18 PM
Shame you're going oric, but I hope you do well with all your modules. :)

Marshy
19th August 2008, 11:06 PM
Does this mean hutch can co... joke

just as we were starting to agree shame c ya in 9 months

silentlord.2008
19th August 2008, 11:41 PM
GL oric in your Exams and all off the other junk (only was reading fast) i will try and get a 70/80 on wow before you get back (but i might not do it for allys).

i know form the 1st of sept i will be busy like FUCK with collage and stuff it will probly let me think of wat i want in the furture.

again best of luck m8