PDA

View Full Version : Spore, anyone gonna get?

Calneon
4th September 2008, 09:47 PM
Out tomorrow, but not sure if I'm gonna get it straight away. £27 from Play free next day delivery sounds very nice though. I played some at i34 and enjoyed what I saw. Hmm.

Anyone else have thoughts?

ez64
4th September 2008, 09:56 PM
Ill probably go to the shops tommorow and buy a copy.

Deserves the money tbh.

Chazlene
4th September 2008, 10:21 PM
I'll get it off Play, maybe at the weekend, but I'm not hugely desperate for it. I just don't want Bloo to steam ahead in it and tell me what the secret ending is. :p

ez64
4th September 2008, 11:08 PM
Can see it now:

This was a triumph

Snerfs
5th September 2008, 12:29 PM
lol, give it a month and it'll become "free" :P

Calneon
5th September 2008, 01:30 PM
lol, give it a month and it'll become "free" :P
Seriously?

ez64
5th September 2008, 01:42 PM
Not a chance the retailers would go nuts.

Snerfs
5th September 2008, 04:29 PM
more than likely someone will do a crack or something for it, happens to like 98-99% of things.

VoX
5th September 2008, 04:44 PM
I guess you can just about get away with what you said on an open forum :p.

I'm gunna pass, already spent too much and I'm trying to save lol.

ez64
5th September 2008, 05:03 PM
more than likely someone will do a crack or something for it, happens to like 98-99% of things.

Im not saying it wont be on torrent's as im sure it was out before the release but the creator's wont release it for free was what I meant.

Calneon
5th September 2008, 05:57 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of, "Is he seriously suggesting that I should wait a month so I can rip the game developer out of 25 quid?".

Snerfs
5th September 2008, 09:15 PM
lol, you'd be suprised what lenghs people go to to save money :P

Calneon
5th September 2008, 10:57 PM
I just hope it's nobody here, that's all :D (though I download music, but I have more passion for games xD).

Anyway, don't get offtopic. I'm thinking of going into town tomorrow and buying Spore, hopefully it's about £30 in Game, and I need some stationary anyway. Hope it doesn't rain like it did today :P.

Bloo
6th September 2008, 01:40 PM
I have it, and played it last night, from about 6pm to 4am... truthfully.

Calneon
6th September 2008, 01:53 PM
Haha sweet. It's good then?

Bloo
6th September 2008, 04:58 PM
By the way anyone who buys Spore, i'm BlooDeck if you want to add me as a buddy and get my mediocre creations in your game. :P
(Chazlene is Chazlene... if you want his stuff). And post your own names and i'll add your crap into my game.

Calneon
6th September 2008, 06:47 PM
Was gonna get it today, but it was raining all the bloody time :(. Shops closed tomorrow, might order it online.

Vicious Horizon
6th September 2008, 07:30 PM
Rawr, I might get it, depends on if i can be arsed to buy it. (Answer is probably SI!), it looks awesome, and doesn't it act more like an RTS towards the end when you get into space? (sorry anyone who didn't know about that XD)

Bloo
7th September 2008, 10:41 AM
In Space, it's like playing a RTS as a RPG.

Squizzel
7th September 2008, 12:01 PM
I'll probably get it......but everyone'll have finished by the time I get round to buying it XD

Bloo
7th September 2008, 01:22 PM
You can't actually finish Spore, the galaxy is so big, it's basically impossible to explore all of it.

VoX
7th September 2008, 01:34 PM
News Story: Spore Gets World's Tiniest Billboard!;

http://kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/09/spore_tiny_billboard.jpg

Go tiny or go home. That's the Spore marketing philosophy apparently, as the folks from EA have installed what is probably the world's daintiest billboard in San Francisco's Union Square. At just 14" by 6", the Spore billboard requires a telescope to see.

Fortunately, EA has installed said telescope and aimed it directly at the wee Spore advertisement, giving passersby a chance to enjoy some smartly conceived marketing. If you happen to be in the Bay Area, specifically Union Square, you have a brief opportunity to check it out. Everyone else can live vicariously through pics after the jump.

http://kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/09/spore_billboard_distance.jpg

http://kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/09/spore_scope_side.jpg

http://kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/09/spore_bb_details.jpg