PDA

View Full Version : Wrath Of The Lich King Release Date

VoX
15th September 2008, 04:29 PM
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King hits stores on Nov. 13 for $40, Activi-Blizzard announced today.

The much anticipated expansion pack for the rediculously popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game hits on in North America, Europe, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Russia, simultaneously. A day later, on Nov. 14, the pack hits in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand. And the expansion will be available in Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau on November 18. No date has yet been announced for mainland China.

"We're looking forward to launching Wrath of the Lich King and finally giving World of Warcraft players a chance to take on Arthas and his minions," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "Until then, we'll continue to refine and playtest the expansion content to make sure it provides a highly polished and entertaining experience."

Activision also announced that the game will be available in a Collector's Edition for $70. That will include:

— The Art of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, a 208-page book featuring never-before-seen images from the game.
— An exclusive in-game pet: Frosty, the baby frost wyrm.
— A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, the Wrath of the Lich King intro cinematic with director's commentary, and more.
— The official soundtrack CD, containing 21 epic tracks from the game, along with exclusive bonus tracks.
— A mouse pad featuring a map of the newly opened continent of Northrend.
— Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game March of the Legion(TM) starter decks, along with two exclusive cards available only in the Collector's Edition.

Lich King has players pursuing the Lich King Arthas Menethil into the frozen continent of Northrend to battle LK's undead army. The expansion will allow player to advance characters to level 80 and gain new abilities. It also introduces several new features including an achievement system, expanded player-vs-player combat, and the Hero Class necromantic death knight.

The pack requires both WoW and Burning Crusade to play.

Darkeagle
15th September 2008, 04:35 PM
You dont care bout this vox, you post this to raise your post count :)

Calneon
15th September 2008, 04:57 PM
I care about it, thanks VoX.

VoX
15th September 2008, 05:59 PM
No probs, news ticker comes in handy!

Target
15th September 2008, 10:39 PM
TY vox been tryin to find the release date for ages, just not sure if ill be able to play it by then being at uni :D

VoX
16th September 2008, 05:18 PM
What confuses me is that you need Burning Crusade as well as WotLK, probably to justify people that have just bought Burning Crusade.

Calneon
16th September 2008, 05:24 PM
Uh, how are you meant to get to 80 if you can't get to 70??

Flaw in your argument there VoX.

ez64
16th September 2008, 05:28 PM
It's just jewness from blizzard tbh.

VoX
16th September 2008, 05:32 PM
/agree.

Calneon
16th September 2008, 06:14 PM
Did you even read my reply? There's an obvious reason... O.o

Seriously thinking of getting the collector's edition. I LOVE game art.

ez64
16th September 2008, 06:17 PM
But still its just been made that way so you have to.

Calneon
16th September 2008, 06:28 PM
And who WOULDN'T have Burning Crusade if they wanted WotLK anyway? It's a problem that doesn't exist!

ez64
16th September 2008, 06:35 PM
Me since I want a level 55 death knight free when I reach 55.

Calneon
16th September 2008, 07:07 PM
You have to complete level 70-80 WotLC quests to unlock the Death Knight.

ez64
16th September 2008, 07:26 PM
From wow europe

"Which level?
Also, we haven't decided on what level you will start as your Death Knight, current thinking is that once your character reaches level 55-70 you will be able to create a Death Knight character that will start at a similar level. With this character you will complete a quest line before being able to continue to level 80. "

Theres been a lot of rumor's from blizzcon about a level 80 quest but no one knows until retail.

ez64
17th November 2008, 02:16 AM
You have to complete level 70-80 WotLC quests to unlock the Death Knight.

And since it's released and the unlock level is 55

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Calneon
17th November 2008, 12:14 PM
Ok ok Ez, you win. Tis cool.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

ez64
17th November 2008, 12:24 PM
*Rocky Theme Tune* :D