PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Team News On The Right hand Side?

VoX
10th October 2008, 05:55 PM
I was thinking today that as well as the info about the servers and teams etc on the right of the forum, would it be possible to have a team announcements part too?

The idea of this is to have it so that if an important result of notice goes up (e.g. league match time) then it is easy to put across to the whole team.

Something like this exists as any new thread made in the announcement forum is automatically displayed on the front page, so would a new forum in the Gaming Teams section (that only team leaders could start a thread in) named announcements make this possible?

Ideas and comments?

EDIT: If this is implemented then I reckon removing something from the right will be necessary as that currently spans out longer than most threads.

Calneon
10th October 2008, 07:03 PM
Good idea, get rid of the game monitors. Nobody uses them, the ones on the homepage are fine.

VoX
11th October 2008, 07:13 PM
Poll added to see what people think.

ez64
11th October 2008, 08:01 PM
Add team news but leave the game server monitors I always jump on the servers when they are populated unfortunatly its not very often but still you can always minimize any box of your choosing.

VoX
11th October 2008, 08:02 PM
You can on the homepage but the side panel doesn't give you a collapse option, is it implementable?

ez64
11th October 2008, 08:20 PM
Ah right got ya, we definatly need a collapse option on those windows.

Bloo
11th October 2008, 10:13 PM
I'll say yes, because another box never hurt anybody.

ez64
11th October 2008, 10:22 PM
Bloo moments later gets beaten to death with a box :p

Bloo
11th October 2008, 10:35 PM
Bloo moments later gets beaten to death with a box :p

A box fell on my head and hurt, so kinda yeah.

ez64
11th October 2008, 10:48 PM
And the cosmos is once again in balance.

Chalex4
12th October 2008, 01:02 AM
Good idea Vox.

I have spent the evening fiddling with some news scripts and have finally set up two news boxes for the CSS and TF2 teams. You will only be able to show one announcement at a time (the latest), but it should be good.

I will need to create logins for Vox and Darkeagle and tell you how to work it.

Calneon
12th October 2008, 09:50 AM
Ah grea work, good idea putting them under the server boxes. Change the font through.

Chalex4
12th October 2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah the font change wasn't working last night, but I managed it this morning so that it blends into the rest of the site more.

Vox and Darkeagle now have their separate logins for each of the boxes.

VoX
12th October 2008, 12:41 PM
Good idea Vox.

I'm so tempted to sig that...