PDA

View Full Version : No more TF2 Updates

Calneon
16th October 2008, 02:23 PM
Until next year anyway. Can't complain though, getting so much extra for free already is fantastic and Valve are doing a great job. They also promise that L4D will be getting the same treatment as TF2. Still a bit gutting, was waiting on the scout update for a while :mad:.

http://www.shacknews.com/images/generated/48ab3e1f4665f_featured_without_text_heavy2.jpg

Valve's class-based multiplayer shooter Team Fortress 2 won't receive its next major update until next year, marketing VP Doug Lombardi has informed Shacknews.

"Well, it won't be this year," said Lombardi when asked about the next update. "But we're going to keep evolving TF2. Once Left 4 Dead wraps, you'll hear us clamoring more about [the next TF2 update]."

Lombardi made the statement after speaking on the impending release of Left 4 Dead (PC, 360), which saw contributions from numerous Team Fortress 2 team members as development of the cooperative zombie-killing shooter entered the final stages.

Since TF2's arrival last year, Valve has provided numerous free updates to owners of the PC version, adding new modes and maps along with class-specific achievements and unlockables for the Medic, Pyro and Heavy classes. The studio has pledged that all of the title's nine classes will eventually be updated with new weaponry.

The marketing VP also reiterated that bringing the existing Team Fortress 2 updates to Xbox 360 is "definitely in the plan," though no timeline was offered as to its release.

Source (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55364)

Mr.Big
16th October 2008, 03:41 PM
DAMN THEM, xD, i was kinda looking forward to more updates :(

Chalex4
17th October 2008, 08:16 PM
It's understandable, but still a shame. Oh well, I can't wait for Left 4 Dead!

Trigger
17th October 2008, 10:17 PM
Sad,Sad times

But having L4D to look forward to makes up for it :D

Calneon
18th October 2008, 04:58 PM
Loads of games coming out soon, Brothers In Arms (which I decided to go for), Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, World At War, Left 4 Dead...

Why couldn't they have been spaced out over the last 6 months where there was NOTHING new out except GRID.

VoX
18th October 2008, 05:43 PM
Because soon is Christmas and that's the best time a company could release a game and get the most money.

Calneon
18th October 2008, 06:31 PM
Not necessarily, to release a game of the same genre (eg. BiA) at the same time as another (CoD5) could reduce sales. But null point, it's happened so myeh :D.

Isphera
18th October 2008, 07:46 PM
Because soon is Christmas and that's the best time a company could release a game and get the most money.

Don't tempt me to write an economics essay.

On the TF2 thing - I don't play it anymore, but I think it's good their still keeping it updated, and to be honest, It doesn't sound that bad to me. It just seems to mean that the next update is delayed into the beginning and shouldn't be that big of a deal. Spore was constantly delayed for two years and what did we do? We waited patiently, without moaning about it. Sure, we said we wanted to play it, and yes, the first thing I did was make a massive tomato in honor of the community's biggest idiot, but that's not the point. The point is that the delay is a non-factor. Wait.

Darkeagle
18th October 2008, 08:03 PM
Don't tempt me to write an economics essay.
Sure, we said we wanted to play it, and yes, the first thing I did was make a massive tomato in honor of the community's biggest idiot,

You shouldnt take the Piss out of your self Oric.

Sorry but that was too tempting.

Please forgive me!

Calneon
19th October 2008, 01:23 PM
I'm not complaining Oric :P.