PDA

View Full Version : CoD5 Beta

Marshy
18th October 2008, 02:24 PM
As of today im on the xbox360 cod5 beta!

Is anyone else? if so add me on xbox - wM Marshy

Its on 40% downloading so far >.<

Vids to come soon (yes im allowed to)

Friend of Wander
18th October 2008, 03:01 PM
get some vids up here quick so that we can all bask in the CoD5 goodiness :D

VoX
18th October 2008, 03:12 PM
I know a few people in the beta for it and they have mixed views. Looking forward to the videos.

Calneon
18th October 2008, 04:46 PM
I just ordered Brothers In Arms 3, I have no need for CoD5! (yet).

Isphera
18th October 2008, 07:37 PM
CoD5 is in WW2 again isn't it?

WW2 = Dead horse. I'm not touching any games with it as a base with a barge pole.

Vicious Horizon
18th October 2008, 08:20 PM
But noone's ever done those exact missions before Orix xD

(That's what they want you to think, it's the machine, they take your ignorance for granted - Tom Morello)

Marshy
18th October 2008, 08:58 PM
It's amazing online BUT everyone glitches under the map on roundring and shoots up so you die when you respawn (being fixed). Also on xbox turbo controllers are used with rifles too much so that sucks. Overall its really good. If you have a xbox you can pick up a key for £5 ebay.com anyway (i think you can)

Isphera
18th October 2008, 10:35 PM
But noone's ever done those exact missions before Orix xD

Does this sound familiar?

Start mission, kill germans, pick up german MP5, because it is a lot better, kill more germans, accidentally kill your own team because they are dumb as fuck, and rinse and repeat until you get lucky and start the next mission, which is the same.

That is pretty much the first three CoD games in a nutshell. As well as MoH, and every damn WW2 game on the planet. Do a game on the Cold War, where shit hits the fan, like an FPS version of WiC, then I would be interested. More nukes.

Marshy
19th October 2008, 10:55 AM
urr.. Tanks!.. Online!!

Isphera
19th October 2008, 10:58 AM
Go play BF1942 if you want WW2 tanks, it's been done before.

Marshy
19th October 2008, 11:06 AM
Oh dear oric.. why did you come back online just to put everything down?

Friend of Wander
19th October 2008, 11:12 AM
Ignore Oric he's just jealous :p

Any vids coming soon? I'm really interested in how this game holds up online :D

Isphera
19th October 2008, 11:22 AM
Jealous of what? Not owning a console that probs breaks every 6 months? I'm simply expressing my displeasure of 1 in 4 games being a fucking WW2 game. I'm sick of them.

Bloo
19th October 2008, 11:56 AM
Well, Brother in Arms is an interesting take on World War 2, since it takes the "Band of Brothers" TV series approach, rather than the Saving Private Ryan way (Like, Every other WW2 game.) Likewise Company of Heroes is regarded as one of the greatest RTS games around! But of course, with both of these, it's not the WW2 setting that makes it appealing but rather a new spin on game mechanics. And I agree wholeheartedly that there are too many World War 2 games, they need another setting to mercilessly beat to death now.

And if you want to play a Cold War game Orix, Red Alert 3 is coming out soon, that has a (very?) unique spin on it! Yeah... anyway...

VoX
19th October 2008, 12:06 PM
Speaking of Red Alert 3, I still never got a beta key :(.

Isphera
19th October 2008, 12:10 PM
Yes you did, I sent you one :S

VoX
19th October 2008, 12:12 PM
I know, but I never got the reply back with the download and activation links.

Darkeagle
19th October 2008, 12:18 PM
heehehe Epic fail! or

"You fail it! Your skill is not enough! See you next time! Bye bye!"

Calneon
19th October 2008, 12:51 PM
I don't particularly care how many games are WW2, since it is definately one of the best theatres to make a game in. The CoD series has always been great fun to play, regardless of theatre, I agree with Bloo in that respect. Also take a look at the new Wolfenstein game, thats WW2 but it's done in a new, somewhat 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' way.