PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Stoneleigh or Newbury

Colonel Mitch
19th October 2008, 12:44 AM
Only people who went to an i series at Newbury and have also been to Stoneleigh should answer this, but which did you prefer?

Chazlene
19th October 2008, 12:50 AM
Newbury for me, it was nicer in a way to be in smaller rooms, rather than all 2000 people in the same room at i34, which got a bit loud... and smelly.

Also I felt that Stoneleigh was too big, walking from the campsite to the gamer's hall took too long.

Chalex4
19th October 2008, 12:56 AM
So far, I have definitely preferred the Newbury LANs, because you were with a smaller group of people which felt more friendly. Also, the exhibition was waayy superior to the one at Stoneleigh, which just seemed shit in comparison, especially because there were practically zero freebies.

However, I do see the potential with Stoneleigh and can't wait for the next LAN there! Hopefully they should have all their beginning problems fully sorted by then.

Snerfs
19th October 2008, 08:06 AM
Newbury for me, it was nicer in a way to be in smaller rooms, rather than all 2000 people in the same room at i34, which got a bit loud... and smelly.

Also I felt that Stoneleigh was too big, walking from the campsite to the gamer's hall took too long.

it also got very warm/hot very very VERY quickly

Isphera
19th October 2008, 08:57 AM
And they wouldn't turn the bloody lights on. No lights + no windows = Unhappy Fat Man/.

Snerfs
19th October 2008, 09:06 AM
And they wouldn't turn the bloody lights on. No lights + no windows = Unhappy Fat Man/.

unhappy, sweaty fat man indeed :D

Isphera
19th October 2008, 10:57 AM
Well, Charles did look unhappy on the end :D

Trigger
19th October 2008, 11:47 AM
Meh, i had a good time at both but the whole atmosphere thing has to go newburys way.

Vicious Horizon
19th October 2008, 12:02 PM
I've only been to Stoneleigh, but from what I've heard of newbury, nb sounds much better x3

VoX
19th October 2008, 12:03 PM
Before anyone goes all margh about me not being there, newbury would have been awesome because it's not a bloody 3 hour drive. (Or 4 day walk if you're Darkpidgeon.)

Snerfs
19th October 2008, 12:06 PM
well i liked stoneleigh, never went to newbury tho, and in the words of oric "it's already loads better cos john's here" (he says that as i dance around the campsite WITH the ATK flag)

Calneon
19th October 2008, 01:06 PM
Newbury for me, they really need multiple rooms or it just gets too hot and noisy and irritative. The exhibition at i33 was also much better with more competitions and freebies.