PDA

View Full Version : Just got port scanned...

Vicious Horizon
24th October 2008, 04:57 PM
Apparantly I just got port scanned by some dude. Tracked his IP address (thanks to bullguard) and found out his address :)

Is there something I should do about being port scanned?

ez64
24th October 2008, 05:09 PM
Doesnt really matter as there just bots, I also highly doubt you were port scanned could have just been some non port 80 traffic that could be anything.

Get rid of bullguard lol.

VoX
24th October 2008, 05:21 PM
Long live AVG!

Mr.Big
24th October 2008, 07:49 PM
ehrrmppp? rightio, and btw guys what do you think of nod32 antivirus?

VoX
24th October 2008, 07:51 PM
Never heard of it.

VH, your sig is becoming big again, it's just about fine now but don't make it any bigger or it becomes bigger than most posts.

D_K_Head
25th October 2008, 01:35 AM
Fun little fact.

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo113/D_K_Head/Pauseforthought-Forumfun-1.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist

Maybe rephrasing is in order? posts aren't that big normaly anyway. Also, no offense meant, just thought it was a bit of a silly thing to say :P

Isphera
25th October 2008, 10:59 AM
No rephrasing needs to be taken. Sig's are given a max to prevent them becoming too big, but there is no minimum as they are optional. Posts have a 5 character limit to prevent spam and no maximum (to see that pushed to the limit, check out some of my essay posts).

What you have wasted your time and my time on is pointless and irrelevent. Don't be an ass, it's not the best thing to do when you only have 8 posts.

VoX
25th October 2008, 11:40 AM
Fun little fact.

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo113/D_K_Head/Pauseforthought-Forumfun-1.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist

Maybe rephrasing is in order? posts aren't that big normaly anyway. Also, no offense meant, just thought it was a bit of a silly thing to say :P

Bugger.

A sig re-make for me is in order...

Also Oric, don't be so harsh, D_K_Head plays PR so is automatically cool lol.

Isphera
25th October 2008, 11:41 AM
Why though, yours is probs one of the shortest on here. Plus the fact posts are often shorter than sigs anyway, unless it's one of my epic essay style posts.

EDIT: VoX, if soomeone acts like an ass, or a D_K head, then I am responsible for bringing their idiotic behavior to the foreground, like a name and shame pedophile policy.

Moral of the story - DONT BE AN ASS

VoX
25th October 2008, 01:09 PM
Fair enough, just try and avoid flame wars.

Was saying a re-make also because mine is extremely old and I have moved on in terms of styles.

Anyway, back on topic, MrBig asked about nod32 antvirus, anyone heard of it?

Mr.Big
25th October 2008, 01:25 PM
im not really surprised you havent heard of it, few ppl have although its very good ;)

D_K_Head
25th October 2008, 02:05 PM
Please forgive me renowned Oric, for I did not mean to offend. I mearly seek to derive some enjoyment and humor out of situations that could otherwise be considered boring.

I will endevor to make my future posts less time wasting, and ensure that they have non flamable content, to better please your noble self :D

also, haven't heard of it, sorry

Vicious Horizon
25th October 2008, 02:07 PM
What's wrong with Bullguard? And now my PC is acting like a spastic.. Is there a way I can format the computer but leave Vista on it?

VoX
25th October 2008, 02:20 PM
Grab your Vista CD, shove it in and and run a repair/re-install. If you bought the PC from PC World you won't have a CD and you'll have to pay the thieving bastards about £20(+) for them to do it for you.

EDIT: Sig changed now, no E-Cookies for guessing who gave me some pointers.

Vicious Horizon
26th October 2008, 01:27 PM
Fug >.<

My PC is now officially unusable, it took me literally 1 HOUR to load up the start bar...

VoX
26th October 2008, 02:31 PM
Owned?

Go for a whole new PC, a decent one would only be about £400 (Follow Chaz's spec.)

Vicious Horizon
26th October 2008, 02:35 PM
I know I know, I have my eye on a PC atm, but I need to organise stuff with my dad first. This laptop has been fine for me tbh, I just love to rant about it. I'm sad that it's dead tbh :(

Vicious Horizon
27th October 2008, 01:30 PM
If you bought the PC from PC World you won't have a CD and you'll have to pay the thieving bastards about £20(+) for them to do it for you.

Hahaha. Nice one. Looked on the site, and they say for an OS installation it's £50... Thieving twats.

/edit Sorry double post.

Calneon
27th October 2008, 03:29 PM
It's not thieving if they give you the CD afterwards, which it would be pretty retarded if they didn't.

VoX
27th October 2008, 03:58 PM
AFAIK they don't, we only got a CD from them because we purchased an upgrade to Professional from Home.

Vicious Horizon
27th October 2008, 05:35 PM
Nevermind! It seems to be working now :D I used BG to scan for viruses, and everything is now deleted. I'm just testrunning the adware, see if it's reall gone.

VoX
27th October 2008, 05:54 PM
Use ad-aware to check, don't do a Nicknack and "make sure."

Vicious Horizon
27th October 2008, 06:29 PM
XD Not that kind of make sure :P

And it all seems ok.