PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a beta key (cod5)

Marshy
29th October 2008, 11:36 AM
Attention CallofDuty.com Member!
As a member of the CallofDuty.com community, you've automatically been assigned a PC CD-Key for the Call of Duty: World at War Multiplayer Beta:

You will need this key to participate in the beta, so do not lose it. Your profile on CallofDuty.com has automatically been updated as well.

Download Instructions:

Download the PC Beta Installer from the below mirror links.

Ok so i know alot of you will want this key (im not sure if the beta is open so if im being a nob just say kthx)

So say why you think you should get this key. ends at the end of today so if you want it post today!

Isphera
29th October 2008, 12:01 PM
I don't want it, but judging by the lack of posts in the last week, I don't think anyone will claim it :)

Marshy
29th October 2008, 12:02 PM
Yep if none then it hits ebay for $8 :S

ez64
29th October 2008, 01:16 PM
I really would like this lol.

Vicious Horizon
29th October 2008, 01:36 PM
I would, but I'd be worried that it's a waste if my computer doesn't run it =/ Go go ez!

Marshy
29th October 2008, 02:44 PM
If no one else goes its yours ez anyway it ends at midnight so yeh.. also you need to play it with my username as you acesss it through the website.

all information - accounts - keys ect will be givin also i want reasons people!

ez64
29th October 2008, 03:45 PM
Okey doke, Ill just make sure no one else reads this thread in time :D

VoX
29th October 2008, 04:42 PM
I'll have it, I won't give a reason as I don't feel I need to.

If Ez really wants it then give it to him instead, I'm not entirely fused about it but a mate of mine would play this allot.

Calneon
29th October 2008, 04:44 PM
I want the key because i'm quoted in the signatures of 4/7 posts in this thread.

Nah but seriously, because why would you give it to anyone else, you know I love you Marshy.

<3 Marshy.

EDIT: Fuck you VoX, you spoilt my statistics.

ez64
29th October 2008, 06:06 PM
Star trek themed fight to the death it is then?

:p

On an on topic note im doing my Game's Dev assignment in torque and we are supposed to come up with unusual physics applications and looking the cod5 beta might give me some ideas, and I used to play cod2 a LOT.

A Vote for ez64 is a Vote for SPARTA, don’t let the communist Phantom regime take YOUR CHILDREN IN THE NIGHT.

Just walk away.
Give me the Key
the Install
the Patches
and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives.
Just walk away. I will give you safe passage in the Wasteland.
Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.
I await your answer.
:D

Calneon
29th October 2008, 06:54 PM
Here at "We love Marshy" corporation, we feel the need to express our love for Marshy in all possible ways, including free cookies for all who join, and 2 hug tokens courtesy of Oricalcos (*see terms and availability). We also take your children into the night, where they are read bedtime stories and given candy.

*cookies are limited in stock, the current stock is 0. Oricalcos may or may not provide hug tokens because he may or may not love Marshy. Not loving Marshy is a sin and you shal have all pleasures removed from your sentient self until harmonically singing is repulsing in your head.

Marshy
29th October 2008, 07:18 PM
Ok ok im givin it away after dead set (11pm)

ez64
29th October 2008, 07:23 PM
Watching dead set as well :D

Calneon
29th October 2008, 08:47 PM
Marshy, did I mention how much I love Dead Set? And I really admire you for liking it because it's so great.

Calneon
29th October 2008, 09:25 PM
STOP THE PRESS!

You can go here (http://www.callofduty.com/beta), sign up, and get a beta key, it's that easy.

I hereby retract my love for Marshy, that was only a ploy to enhance my chances of attaining your BETA key.

xD Thanks Trigger for finding that out.

Trigger
29th October 2008, 09:32 PM
ur welcome honey :D

Im not just a pretty face

VoX
29th October 2008, 09:56 PM
Signed up and DLing now.

I'm getting mixed reviews by people already on it, some being that it's just CoD: 4 with a WW2 makeover and others that it's pretty good.

Marshy
29th October 2008, 10:54 PM
Oh sorry i diddent know its an open beta now

D_K_Head
29th October 2008, 10:59 PM
I hate WW2...

still, worth a try

Calneon
29th October 2008, 11:18 PM
some being that it's just CoD: 4 with a WW2 makeover and others that it's pretty good.
It's kinda both. Been playing it for 30 mins, the interface, engine, gameplay are all exactly the same (same perk system, weapon system, achievement system). The call-ins are the same just changed a bit (3 is Recon plane, 5 is Artillery strike, 7 is RABID FUCKING DOGS). Most of the perks are the exact same, the leveling system is the same, and the gametypes are the same. The graphics are no worse or better than CoD4 either.

Infact the only things that have really changed are:

1. New WW2 weapons (duh)
2. You can drive tanks (2 man, 1 on MG), never been in one myself, but they're a bitch and take multiple zooks and AT nades to take down.
3. New maps.
4. Uuh.

Not necessarily a bad thing, provided the SP is as good as CoD4 i'll probably still buy it, but it sure does seem Treyarch have just retextured and fiddled a bit with CoD4 and said "here's our new game guys". That said, CoD4 multiplayer was very good so it's still very fun to play, but I got bored of CoD4 a while ago....

VoX
30th October 2008, 01:10 PM
Well I keep getting an error when I load but I'm going to have look around on the forums and see what I can dig up in terms of a cure. Allot of the things look like sound problems.

Marshy
30th October 2008, 01:42 PM
on round house you can shoot up from under the map

wM Marhy kills - 29 deaths - 0

needs fixing bad!

Calneon
30th October 2008, 02:41 PM
http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=33602

D_K_Head
30th October 2008, 03:28 PM
heh, no filter between regular and hardcore servers... that needs fixing badly, i keep wandering into HC servers

Calneon
30th October 2008, 04:13 PM
There wasn't one on CoD4 either, really bugged me, though I never really decided which one I prefer.

Isphera
30th October 2008, 04:49 PM
2 hug tokens courtesy of Oricalcos (*see terms and conditions*)

Hug Tokens ATM are currently contaminated with a really bad cold and thus use will make you turn into a) a wreck, and b) a bad typist (27 go back and change points in this post alone....29....)