PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 dead demo

Zealous
6th November 2008, 07:31 PM
Just wanted to see what your opinions were of it?

I thought the game was realy easy, because i completed the two levels on the hardest setting in less than 10 mins! I think the normal zombies should be harder and you should be able to get more guns.

Chalex4
6th November 2008, 07:48 PM
I have just spent the last hour or so browsing the steam forums, and it is unbelievable how many complaints there are about it, such as the "Matchmaking" system and lag/connection issues everywhere. If you are interested, click here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130).

I was about to order it through Steam, but it seems like I will hold off until there is more positive feedback. Do you have any of these problems?

Trigger
6th November 2008, 08:06 PM
Ive been reading the forums about it cause i cant play it till tomorrow night :( and ive been hearing LOADS of complaints about how its laggy,Crap graphics,easy gameplay etc
I was really looking forward to playing it.
Im not pleased to say the least...

Zealous
6th November 2008, 10:51 PM
Ive been reading the forums about it cause i cant play it till tomorrow night :( and ive been hearing LOADS of complaints about how its laggy,Crap graphics,easy gameplay etc
I was really looking forward to playing it.
Im not pleased to say the least...

When i finaly got into a server (after ages of wating for the game to connect :() i found it to be quite fun, it was not laggy and i think the graphics were good. But i did find the game to be realy easy even on expert, which made it a bit boring. I have been playing alot of single player which is fun but still easy. The main menu is realy cool as it has a load of zombies just walking around. Overall i think it's good but they need to make it harder (Lol, never thought i would say that about a game :D) and sort out the connection problems.

Calneon
6th November 2008, 10:55 PM
There are connection problems because it's a new system and they are having problems with dedicated servers.

Graphics are very good, whoever said they aren't is an idiot.

I don't think it's too easy on Expert, the CPU characters are very good so it'll probably be harder when we play co-op.

PLUS there's only two levels out so far, who know's what's going to come later.

Seriously, nothing to worry about IMO.

EDIT: Just found this (http://www.left4dead411.com/news/2008/11/server-browser-available/). I have every confidence in Valve that they will get things sorted. It definately isn't like them to leave a game with flaws.

Colonel Mitch
7th November 2008, 12:00 AM
Ill give my opinion on L4D once it finished downloading the demo =] - Why wont it let me pre-load L4D itself? - I know the doem will be pretty much all of the files but i hate having anything in the "not installed section" on my steam account

Zealous
7th November 2008, 12:06 AM
I would recomend to anyone to buy this game because it's epic, but it just needs a bit of fine tuning. The game has good and bad points but every game does when it first comes out :).

Calneon
7th November 2008, 12:34 AM
I keep games like Lost Coast and Half Life Source uninstalled just so when that happens the game doesn't get lonely Mitch.

I would also stress that when playing co-op, extreme is NOT easy. It's the very opposide of easy, we had 7 attempts before getting to the first safehouse.

Colonel Mitch
7th November 2008, 12:36 AM
half life source is a biatch coz its the only valve game i dont own.....so its jsut pre load complete... WHY DIDNT I GET IT FREE WITH sOMETHING??

Trigger
7th November 2008, 12:51 PM
Oooh downloading now, im literally shoveling the data into my computer :D
FASTER DAMIT, FASTER

Calneon
7th November 2008, 01:51 PM
Download Faster Trigger Im Gonna Be Home In 20 Minutes!

D_K_Head
7th November 2008, 02:08 PM
ohh... this i want to try.

Trigger
7th November 2008, 05:17 PM
Well just fiinished the demo on expert with Phantom and Zealous,

Fucking brilliant, never laughed, cried and jumped so many times in a game

Apart from the spazzy connection issues its gr8, cant wait for the full game to come out now

Calneon
7th November 2008, 05:18 PM
Just wanted to say that Left 4 Dead is absolutely amazing fun when played with other people. Me Triggers and Zealous just completed the two missions on Extreme (hardest) after many many tries, it really is fun because you have to work together. The AI director is fantastic, you never know when a massive zombie horde is gonna come running at you, and the bosses are real bosses and can come at any point. Seriosly, at one point we had the boss, a tank, much earlier than we expected, and I think I was the first to see it running at us and the music changed and I was like "FUCKING TANK THERES A FUCKING TANK", so insane xD.

I just can't wait for the real thing now.

Trigger
7th November 2008, 11:32 PM
lol at ur essay u wrote up compared to mine :D

Zealous
8th November 2008, 12:48 AM
That game was so so so good :D! I just love it when you have gone through a few areas with not that many zombies and you know just around this corner is going to be loads and about 2 bosses :)! It’s so tense, funny and scary all at the same time.

Calneon
16th November 2008, 09:13 PM
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=atuZvbEPsAg http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=3TYlIr-lJ_w
OMG! Imagine playing L4D on that map. How insane would that be. Sniping zombies from the rooftop too! Awesome soundtrack xD.

EDIT: Looky (http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12:crossroadsmall&catid=2:news)