PDA

View Full Version : FIFA vs. Pro Evo

Isphera
29th November 2008, 07:10 PM
A burning soccer game question since both games became prominent. Which do you prefer - FIFA or Pro Evo?

If I am honest, I haven't bought one for ages, due to the fact I play on a PC. But I have always been a FIFA fan since 1999, when I got my first one.

VoX
29th November 2008, 07:24 PM
I've DLed the Fifa09 demo for PS3 and it ain't too bad, but footie games aren't really my thing.

I was slightly disappointed that in the "Be a Pro" mode, there wasn't an option to fly through the air, roll around on the floor clutching a body part that constantly changes whilst simultaneously being in agony as well as looking around yelling "Ref, ref, I've hurt myself, I've hurt myself".

I was also disappointed, once again, to see a clay pigeon variation called "Airhead Shots" where the footballer run across the pitch, you quickly switch into FPS mode, armed with a Barret .50 Cal Sniper, shoot the bastard and then yell "NOW You have fucking hurt yourself!"

Yes, my views on football are slightly biased, but hey, Fifa weren't too bad.

Isphera
29th November 2008, 07:30 PM
The Be A Pro mode is nothing new to EA Sports. They have been doing something similar in Madden, NBA Live, and their old baseball game for ages. I've seen some of the footage of BAP mode, and it looks good. However, it has the same drawback Madden does, in that if you don't play as a striker/quarterback, your going to be bored as fuck.

Trigger
29th November 2008, 07:44 PM
Ive always been a FIFA guy, Pro Evo was always to arcadey for me, that and they never bought the rights for the clubs till now. Hated playing as West london or whatever with T.Honry up front :D

Darkeagle
29th November 2008, 11:27 PM
I voted for fifa, better game play, better graphics, better online, better names, hated having to guess what team was who, although it was pretty fun.

If any one has ever played pro evo, they have the best game mode though, the team thing, were you get the worst team in the world, and make them better.

But apart from that pro evo gets owned by fifa any day.

Target
30th November 2008, 12:27 AM
PLay pro evo at uni all the time on ps2 with 6 players, good times but the new fifa is so much better than pro evo and tbh ive always prefered fifa over pro evo just for luks and names

Zealous
30th November 2008, 12:37 AM
Why choose, buy both! But fifa is still better.