PDA

View Full Version : [ACCEPTED] Dta*

Killem
4th December 2008, 09:06 PM
Hello,

The name is Killem. I am inquiring to see if it would be possible
to receive a sponsorship/ entree to your ATK Gaming Commmunity.
DTA* is a Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 2007 based
clan. I truly admire the structure and firm basis the ATK community illustrates
in the Gaming industry. This is why I am seeking sponsorship from you.
If possible I would like to know if ATK would sponsor the DTA* Clan in its
UT endeavors, by providing the clan with a website/forum, in-game servers
one for normal game play and one for clan matches and meetings, and if possible
access to ventrillo or teamsspeak channel.

DTA* is a well respected Clan in the UT venues. We have been in existence since Nov. 1999. We started out in Unreal Tournament '99 and battled our way into UT 2004 and UT3 (UT2007). I as the leader of DTA* am a well respected individual in the UT world. I was also hand pick by Epic (Unreal Tournament Creators) to be an in-game official, in which it is my duties to spec out top ranked clans and establish tournaments and things of the sort. I have lead many clans in the past all being successful and many still alive and growing.
DTA has also been recognized as No. 3 in Top Clans for UT 2004 from the date of Apr. 2005 to Jun. 2008. DTA is currently active in UT 2004 and UT3 (UT2007).

please consider my proposal, I believe that the DTA clan has a lot to offer the ATK Community and can bring even more respect and admiration to the community if the opportunity is permitted.

Please contact me at:

dtakillem@yahoo.com
as soon as possible.

Thank you

DTA* Killem (Epic Official & Clan Leader)

VoX
4th December 2008, 09:13 PM
Thank you for the application.

The ATK Community currently does not have and Unreal Tournament servers, however servers are not my business.

Your stats certainly are impressive and no doubt the leader of ATK (Chalex4) would want to talk to you in regards to what you can give to ATK and sort out a few things.

I will point out though, that we do not sponser any clans, we simply offer a teamspeak channel (or two) and provide a forum for the clan, however if this is what you are interested in then great.

Wait for Chalex's reply and see what he thinks.

Chalex4
4th December 2008, 09:29 PM
Hi there. As Vox said, we don't provide sponsorship as such, but would be willing to support you as long as you, and your members, became active within the Community. We could provide you with a TS channel on our TS server which you will have CA in, and a sub-forum which you would have moderator in - here (http://www.atkcommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22). Web hosting is only provided to the clans that remain active within the Community for quite a long time.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to provide you with any UT servers, but I can point you to www.directclanhosting.com who have the resources to host servers for you, for a small amount per month.

Let me know if you are interested.

Isphera
4th December 2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry to nitpick - but what is the source which provides the information that you are ranked No. 3 at UT2k4? What specific leagues do you participate in? Do you attend any lans in Europe? How many members are their in your clan? Does your clan have a minimum age? Have you ever won any prize money in tournaments?

If possible, could you provide answers to these questions, in order for us to process your application sooner.

EDIT - For those interested, his UT2k4 stats page is here (http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/playerstats.php?player=1271622)

EDIT2 - Another question - Is this site (http://teamdta.com/) linked to your DTA* clan at all, or just a coinsiding clan with the same initials?

Killem
4th December 2008, 10:37 PM
The site that you posted about is what use to be our old site.
Since we went to UT3 that site was abandoned and the DTA* that shares
our clan name now has control over it. So it has no relation to the DTA* Clan of
UT3 and UT2K4. Due to the lack of consistency that UT3 presents I myself have
chosen to return back to UT2004 so the stats you are seeing is what i have earned
over the past 3 months I have started back playing. As you can see I have only been involved in 1200 or so matches since my return and earn those stats in the previous 3 months. I personally have not won any prize money, mainly due to the fact that the tournaments which I have participated in, grant rank instead of monetary satisfaction.
DTA* does have a minimum age requirement, which is 18, which is partly the reason we are such a respected clan, being that of mature and professional individuals. Currently enrolled members we have 15, who play various hours, and are loyal to the clan and its allies. We contact any inactive members and let them no we either need a better attendance record for them or there tags will be admonished, along with there privileges as a member. I do not attend any Lan's in Europe, I live in USA. I have attended many Lans for UT here. many being successful. Ofcourse you have the occassional losses here and there but I took those as a learning experience. I living in the area of the creators headquarters had the privilege to attend a Lan party that they had. Thus my involvement with the Corporation. As far as leagues... there are no real official leagues in the UT venue. I am apart of the ICTF Game type mainly, and I am involved in others. I am a past Co-Leader, and have been brought on by many clans to re-establish a strong basis and leadership within the clan. I am also called upon in numerous instances to serve as a guest player in Clan matches do to my skill and reputation in the game. Unfortunately due to the UT2004 Website the Top Ranked Clans are changed periodically throught out the year.... they are posted on a Weekly, and Monthly basis. Our last record posted wuz in Jun. of this year. Since then we began UT3 or a mass basis. Our reputation is def. known on the UT circuit though feel free to ask.

Chalex... thank you for your hasty response. I am very interested in your gracious extension of your TS and Sub forum offer. I along with my members are more than willing to be active members of the community. Loyalty and longevity are a part of the DTA* Honor code and a quality that we strive to enhance and keep in possession. I do have a question... in becoming a member of the ATK Community would I along with my clan members be able to keep the DTA* tag or would we have to convert. Also would the Sub forum be devoted to DTA*?

Thank you all once again.
And I truly do appreciate your hospitality. I hope that the DTA* Clan can become a part of your truly wonderful, and outstanding Community.

Thank you,

Calneon
4th December 2008, 11:01 PM
Woooah, wall of text there.

"I hope that the DTA* Clan can become a part of your truly wonderful, and outstanding Community."

Hmm, I don't want to be rude, but something seems a bit.... fishy. Nevertheless, if this turns out to be real, then I welcome you all provided Chalex4 allows it.

Isphera
5th December 2008, 09:01 AM
"I truly admire the structure and firm basis the ATK community illustrates in the Gaming industry" is the sentence in the first post which gave me the same feeling as you.

D_K_Head
5th December 2008, 11:36 AM
and the TS has gone down too. Liscence agreement issue. Are you sure this wasn't just a trap?

Isphera
5th December 2008, 07:54 PM
Are you sure this wasn't just a trap?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4

D_K_Head
5th December 2008, 07:56 PM
what V-Bewb man said.

ez64
5th December 2008, 08:23 PM
Ya this looks like a trap for something and it was written in such a way that gives it away.

VoX
5th December 2008, 08:58 PM
Killem, are you able to prove any of what you have claimed here?

Chalex4
5th December 2008, 11:00 PM
Killem had nothing to do with the Teamspeak issues. DCH has told me that there was a mix up with IP addresses, and billing with the Teamspeak company.

I am still considering his application.

Killem
6th December 2008, 12:39 AM
lol. i was wondering how i would of affected you teamspeak thing... lol
i wuz like huh?? hope everything works out.

D_K_Head
6th December 2008, 01:56 AM
yeah, sorry for unfair accusation.

Isphera
6th December 2008, 08:55 AM
what V-Bewb man said.

I'd appreciate it if you used my actual name.

Vicious Horizon
6th December 2008, 07:27 PM
Bad Dick'ed man ;D

Nice application, much better than JO's XD You say your clan plays UT2004/3? I'm sure I can dig out my box for 2004 if you're accepted, although I'm more of a Quake man myself. Anyway, good luck Killem.

Isphera
6th December 2008, 08:01 PM
Killem had nothing to do with the Teamspeak issues..

Just saying now, I didn't think this. I only saw someone say they thought it was a trap, will automatically meant that I had to post that video. I think we should give his clan a month trial, see how it works out.

VoX
6th December 2008, 08:03 PM
I am still waiting for proof of the claims put forward here.

Isphera
6th December 2008, 08:04 PM
TBH, so am I. But I think if a trial is awarded now, then we can get that going and other information can be obtained whilst that is going on. At the end of the trial, use our experience with them plus provision of desired information as the criteria for deciding if they are admitted fully.

VoX
6th December 2008, 08:23 PM
I'll agree on that, but it's down to Chalex.

Chalex4
17th December 2008, 06:44 PM
Sorry Killem for not replying very quickly. Is your clan still interested in joining the Community?

Killem
25th December 2008, 06:44 AM
I'm sorry, and thank you for replying Chalex...
I have forgotten, since our previous discussions, but what is granted to
clans that join the ATK Community?

Calneon
25th December 2008, 10:41 AM
You're up early on Christmas Day, checking out those pressies were we? xD

Vicious Horizon
25th December 2008, 01:02 PM
You can talk Phantom XD

Colonel Mitch
25th December 2008, 01:49 PM
I have forgotten, since our previous discussions, but what is granted to
clans that join the ATK Community?

Clans that join, in CSS and TF2, once accepted, gain use of the match servers, get a sub forum for their clan, which can be named appropriatley, meaning you do not have to change your tag. Also they get a channel in Teamspeak over which desired members are given Channel admin. Unfortunatley since we dont have any UT servers we cant help you on that front, however if your clan joins you will still get a sub forum and teamspeak channel. All of this is at no cost, all we ask is that you are active and try to get on with the community.

By the way, chalex is on holiday in scotland so he may not reply as quicky as he usually would.

Calneon
25th December 2008, 02:22 PM
You can talk Phantom XD
9:40 is hardly early, got a lot to fit in today xD.

Vicious Horizon
25th December 2008, 02:30 PM
9:40 is hardly early, got a lot to fit in today xD.
What happened to 1 past midnight? XD

VoX
26th December 2008, 02:06 PM
Try and keep on topic you 2 lol :p.

Col. Mitch got it, but as he said, as we have no UT servers, we can't grant you access to the match server, however you will still receive a Teamspeak channel and a sub-forum.

To get these, you will have to wait for Chalex's return in a week or so, sorry for the inconvenience.

Killem
27th December 2008, 11:49 PM
Thats fine... patience is a strong point of mine...

VoX
28th December 2008, 02:30 PM
Good to hear it :D.

He should be on today as he came back yesterday (according to his away post anyway...)

Chalex4
1st January 2009, 11:31 PM
I think we have established by now that you have been accepted :p.

Your sub-forum can be found here (http://www.atkcommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89) where you also have moderator privileges. To get your TS channel and CA, just ask an admin on TS to do that for you when you go on.

Isphera
1st January 2009, 11:37 PM
I assume we are still waiting on the information promised to us earlier in the thread i.e. the source which provides him with his claims of being 3rd in the world etc. and that this is a trial given on the basis that this information is provided?

Chalex4
1st January 2009, 11:59 PM
Oricalcos, it doesn't matter how good their team is. As long as his members participate in the Community and not just their forum, I am fine with that.

Isphera
2nd January 2009, 12:24 AM
So liar's are OK with you now, as well as toolasses and dickwads?

Target
2nd January 2009, 12:25 AM
lolololol gz

D_K_Head
2nd January 2009, 01:40 AM
There's no proof that DTA are liars, nor that they are telling the truth, but since when has operating under Guilty until proven Innocent been a good idea?

Just calm down mate, they could be uber gamers, they could just be bending the truth to get into a good community. Either way, whats the issue?

Vicious Horizon
3rd January 2009, 11:45 AM
I was going to post something, then decided not to... And for some reason I am writing this all down..

VoX
3rd January 2009, 12:38 PM
Ok, I locked this before the data loss as the thread has served it's purpose and was becoming a bitchfest. Locked again.