PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (aka CoD6)

Calneon
5th December 2008, 02:36 PM
Was announced a few days ago. Made by Infinity Ward and going back to the much loved Modern Warfare conflict. Everyone saw it coming, but I guess this is the confirmation xD.

Linky (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=203174)

D_K_Head
5th December 2008, 03:08 PM
Looks like fun, the series is much better when modernised anyway.

as long as they don't keep mayterdom... god i hate that thing.

Calneon
5th December 2008, 04:01 PM
I don't see how they can keep it after it was complained about so much in CoD4 AND CoD5!

D_K_Head
5th December 2008, 04:08 PM
they'll find a way

Marshy
5th December 2008, 07:51 PM
i lold at that D_K

D_K_Head
5th December 2008, 07:58 PM
glad to spread the lulz then. Seriously though, the best that the cod5 team could come up with was put them in, add more damage nades, and throw in a BS perk called flak jacket that does pretty much NOTHING to a nade blast beyond saving you a little damage. Not somthing the player would pick when offered other more useful perks.

Bloo
5th December 2008, 08:01 PM
A better move would of been to remove the annoying buggers. Wetwork on CoD4 multiplayer is just a constant throwing of the little bastards.

ez64
5th December 2008, 08:25 PM
Lost all interest in the COD series these days, bought them all and cod4/5 were good but there releasing them far too quickly to make an epic and well supported game.

Calneon
5th December 2008, 08:29 PM
Infinity ward have probably been developing CoD6 since CoD4 was released. Different developers remember.

ez64
5th December 2008, 08:34 PM
But thats what I mean how can it be that much better if there using the same old technology.

D_K_Head
5th December 2008, 08:59 PM
*cough* source *cough*

VoX
5th December 2008, 09:04 PM
Source is rarely used now, the Orange Box Engine is an upped version of Source that provides more benefits (or so I've heard...)

D_K_Head
5th December 2008, 09:10 PM
still source :P

Calneon
5th December 2008, 09:21 PM
Uh, Left 4 Dead still uses Source and it works perfectly. So does Orange Box (as you said). So will HL2:Ep3 and Portal 2. There is still a lot of life left in Source.

D_K_Head
5th December 2008, 09:58 PM
Valve is one of the few developers that value story and gameplay over graphics...

They're also primarily PC developers, wonder if that says anything? :P

Bloo
5th December 2008, 11:38 PM
Story and gameplay are far more important than graphics for me. I don't give a shit if Crysis has more pixels than real life does, it's boring. Real life looks dull. Now if we all looked like the guys from Team Fortress 2 it would be awesome fun! Which is to say, I like a good art style versus high system requirements.

That said, Half Life 2, Ep 1, 2 and most likely 3, have a shit story thats serves nothing more as a means to go from X to Y via Z. (Lets go from Black Mesa East to Nova Prospkt via Ravenholm!). It is however well told and they make Alyx a generally likeable person which is helpful when you spend most of the game with her. :)

(I'm a fan of RPG's though, so uhh, I would say story is more important.)

Isphera
6th December 2008, 08:59 AM
As with Blizzard removing Warlock mount quest

THANK FUCKING FINALLY

No more WW2 Crap.

Target
8th January 2009, 03:34 AM
cod5 was a poor attempt to recreate cod2 which was really successful ww2 and i agree was released way too soon after cod4. tbh cod4 is still way better anyway and this new version will hopefully be an improvement, its easy to see why cod4 is more popular and cod2 just because the multiplayer and game play is well thought out. Just started cod4 again and i prefer it to most fps's such as css, but i can really see how they can improve that much on cod4 :O

Colonel Mitch
8th January 2009, 05:02 AM
I live cod4 alot i just seem to get bored of it, but i dont like WW2 games at all so i wont be getting cod5, tho i will get cod6.

as with the source engine, its unique in the way that valve keep updating it and it can be shared and used commonly between all of their games. its designed for valve to be able to upgrade and add things to, and does its job very well.

Target
11th January 2009, 04:24 AM
lol most these threads are messed up aswell :O