PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Plans?

Isphera
7th December 2008, 12:58 PM
You'd never guess I was trying to create activity would you :D

Nonetheless, what does everyone have planned for christmas? Are you going away? What is the top of your 'to get' list? Are you planning to spend it with family, or with friends? Etc. etc.

I will be away from the cold of Britain to the extreme cold of Minneapolis, MN in the States. The average temperature in Abingdon for December is between two and seven degrees celsius. Minneapolis has an average temperature in December
of between minus three and minus twelve celsius, with the record low (set in 1888) of -44C. Obviously, it wont get that cold, but I wouldn't put it past the way Minneapolis weather works to get to the elusive zero degrees fahrenheit, or minus 17 degrees celsius.

Top of my list is the two events happening on the two sundays I am there -
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gwR6ZQgsocu1/610x.jpg

Other than that, it's American Football gear for the Oxford Saints, sports jerseys, and some other clothes (I desperately need shoes). Minnesota is home to the world largest shopping centre/mall - The Mall of America. Spending 10 minutes in each store would keep you there for two days :S

You don't have to go into that extensive amount of detail if you don't want. I'm just bored and have a lot to say.

Calneon
7th December 2008, 12:59 PM
Dude, stop spamming threads. I can't keep up.

Isphera
7th December 2008, 01:01 PM
I like to think of it as keeping the forum active :D

Chazlene
7th December 2008, 01:16 PM
Well I hope while you're over in the colonies Oric you get a white Christmas rather than a wet one like here.

As for me, I'm just spending Xmas at home with family, and will hopefully get some music and books I want, pre-order for E:TW, some guitar gear, as well buying myself a new guitar.

Oh, and not to forget my biggest Christmas plan of making a feature-length ATK Xmas comic...

D_K_Head
7th December 2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah... keep playing CS, enjoy myself, try to drag up some support from old machinima contacts... the usual :P

Isphera
7th December 2008, 01:29 PM
Just a quick addition, here is a picture from Minneapolis in Dec. 2006.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/images/fun_SnowCar.jpg

D_K_Head
7th December 2008, 01:30 PM
...nice one, need a bit of antifreeze there :P

Trigger
7th December 2008, 01:40 PM
Who stole the cars windows? :D

Itll be Skiing for me, may have to be february though cause of tests. :(

VoX
7th December 2008, 02:18 PM
Chillin with family and might have to get injections after Xmas for when I go to Antigua.

Calneon
7th December 2008, 02:24 PM
...nice one, need a bit of antifreeze there :P
Bada-bum-tish!

D_K_Head
7th December 2008, 02:35 PM
and on the drums, ladies and gentleman... Phantom "The Effects Guy"

Bloo
7th December 2008, 03:43 PM
I plan to lead an expedition to the Northpole in search of Father Christmas' workshop, it'll be tough trip and in the past 5 expeditions we've failed, but I have a good feeling this time.

ez64
7th December 2008, 10:18 PM
Skiing in the swiss alps cannot wait :D

VoX
8th December 2008, 05:21 PM
Argh, I'm jelous of all you going skiing next year (2009).

This year was icy as hell, I said we should go next year as it would be better, but I'm going to the bloody Caribbean instead. Anyone for sand surfing?

Target
8th December 2008, 07:51 PM
COD5 or Wrath all Xmas holidays, while praying I did well in exams :D

Calneon
8th December 2008, 08:47 PM
COD5 or Wrath all Xmas holidays, while praying I did well in exams :D
Did? Man that's awesome, not having to stress all Xmas with exam pressure.

D_K_Head
8th December 2008, 09:57 PM
Only exam for me i should be studying for winter is in a subject I really don't care much about, so i'm fine. Good luck though Phantom

Marshy
9th December 2008, 12:11 PM
Christmas Day - New Computer
Playing WoW on it - 3 days after christmas

D_K_Head
9th December 2008, 02:11 PM
such a full schedule :P

Target
13th December 2008, 02:45 AM
sooooo many games to be played an alot of drinkin to be done over xmas dont think ill have enuf time to fit it all in but it shuld be good, if get all the active members together we can have some games on css and tf2 and LFD