PDA

View Full Version : My Game Without A Name

Vicious Horizon
11th December 2008, 09:44 PM
I haven't thought of a name for it yet, but it's my game

DONT JUMP! Not yet xD

It's not some terrible game made with Basic 3.2, I used RPG Maker XP, and I'm quite proud of it so far, and if any of you guys want to have a try at being BETA testers, or just want a name in the credits, my MSN is in my signature, so you know where to find me :)

I still need to work out a way to distribute it without the RGSS-RTP, but as soon as I do, I can distribute the game without anyone who wants a go having to download RMXP and installing the RTP.

Ok, basically, you start out in the desert, and following some footprints, you come across some bones, which, when you touch them, summon two giant monsters from both heaven and hell (Lack of imagination, ok?) which subsequently wipe your arse and send you to nursery.
You appear in a dark forest, which seems to be broken, almost as if the universe had been altered (Ok, I screwed up the tileset and so stuff looks crap and doesn't work properly), walking towards a door, a ghostly voice appears, "I'm sorry, your friends are dead, I saved you", random dialogue which isn't actually important, you start to run towards the door, and the floor begins to shake, you reach the door, and find yourself in a cavern, deep underground (supposedly), you walk between to large rocks, and a mysterious force (lightning) curls around you, "What the hell was that?" you ask yourself, a different, but still ghostly voice says "Your are true of heart, proceed" (If you can guess which game I nicked that off, I give you all of Oric's Hug token which he gave to me), you walk through a door, and find yourself on a crystal platform, if you go left and press enter, you choose the path of the hero (good) if you choose right, you choose the path of power (evil), possibly the most obvious moral choice I've put into the game.
That's all I'm saying so far.

And if you guys who want to try it like it, I might consider buying the program, rather than using the trial.

Calneon
11th December 2008, 11:18 PM
I'll play it!

Marshy
12th December 2008, 08:48 AM
Yeh me too
give it a go

Bloo
12th December 2008, 10:54 AM
I'll give it a go. :D

D_K_Head
12th December 2008, 12:48 PM
sounds fun :P

VoX
12th December 2008, 05:42 PM
If you can export models from 3Ds Max Design 2009 I'll happily make some models for you and give that game a go.

Vicious Horizon
13th December 2008, 01:23 AM
If you can export models from 3Ds Max Design 2009 I'll happily make some models for you and give that game a go.

it seems to use a Final Fantasy 1 viewpoint, but if you make some smallish 3d models, i can screenshot them to make character tilesets ^^

VoX
13th December 2008, 12:59 PM
I'll have a think about it, I'm still a noob to 3D modelling :D.

Also, thread title changed to something a bit more descriptive.

Vicious Horizon
13th December 2008, 01:56 PM
You mutha *****, changin mah titals!

VoX
13th December 2008, 03:00 PM
Hehe :p.

Vicious Horizon
13th December 2008, 06:31 PM
Been watchin too much 8mile, and I don't have a problem, I should have thought of that in the first place ;D

Vicious Horizon
15th December 2008, 09:53 PM
Double post, but past the time limit:

http://tkool.jp/products/rpgxp/eng/download.html

Download it from download.com or something, then when you unzip it, click the install then install RGSS-RTP, then all you need is the game file. (Hopefully)