PDA

View Full Version : Name Vote #2

Chalex4
16th March 2007, 06:02 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/general.png

Before you vote on this one, please make sure you really think about which one you like best, also think about how it will look at the end of your name in-game.

My Vote: ATK (Aim to Kill)

Hutch
16th March 2007, 06:30 PM
Before you vote on this one, please make sure you really think about which one you like best, also think about how it will look at the end of your name in-game.

My Vote: ATK (Aim to Kill)

I.e Vote for ATK... Or else :D

D@rw!n
16th March 2007, 06:38 PM
Or else what? I voted for UGF! ^^

FaTaL
16th March 2007, 07:23 PM
UGF ftw!!.
thats what i picked

geK
16th March 2007, 07:58 PM
Aim to kill sounds better

VoX
16th March 2007, 07:59 PM
ive done atk sounds kool

Isphera
16th March 2007, 09:34 PM
UGF - I came up with it :D

Hutch
16th March 2007, 09:58 PM
Yes it does sound kind of Oricalcosish.. btw vote ATK as UGF has already been vetoed by Chazlene, and I and Chalex doesn't much like it.

Chalex4
16th March 2007, 10:12 PM
Instead of "Aiming to Kill", it may sound better as "Aim to Kill", tell me what you think. Actually Oricalcos, I thought of UGF, although I had the U as United, you told me to change it to Ultimate and so I did. You didn't think of any decent names on your own.

When it comes to comparing ATK and UGF I will take the votes into consideration but will obviously, do what I think is best for the Community, considering the options ahead.

Isphera
16th March 2007, 11:23 PM
If ATK is so good, why rig the vote in its favor, surely if everyone loves it, then people will vote for it. And dont give the bullshit about people cba to vote, cause if they really cared, they would vote

Chalex4
16th March 2007, 11:35 PM
Cillit and Turd asked me to, anyway if they vote themselves I will remove the extra ones.

Hutch
17th March 2007, 08:54 AM
I would also like to raise the fact that chalex found the name UGF Oric as well as ATK. Also, What does Oricalcos do that requires him to have TS admin? He doesn't even play CSS and bannned Hardie for having channel commander on...
Maybe with the new name change we could perhaps bump off a few people. We don't want power hungry arrogant lumps.

subsurface
17th March 2007, 12:41 PM
Dont realy like what it stands for.... but atk has the best looking tag by far.

subsurface
17th March 2007, 12:44 PM
We don't want power hungry arrogant lumps.

I saw your beebo oric sent me the link! you are a power hungry arrogant lump also. tbh chazlene is actully the only admin that dosent abuse his power.

Smurfz
17th March 2007, 01:02 PM
I remember a while back now.. the whole thing about the reloaded thing... and Aiming to kill just sounds exactly the same to me...

subsurface
17th March 2007, 03:05 PM
80k should be the name tbh.

Chazlene
17th March 2007, 03:37 PM
I like ATK, but not Aiming To Kill. I voted for it and I suppose it doesn't matter that much, as long as not many people know what it stands for, just have the initials like many other Communities.

Chalex4
17th March 2007, 03:39 PM
Lol, the header will have the name of the community in it. I really wouldn't worry about what it stands for, unless you can think of a better meaning for ATK.

Chazlene
17th March 2007, 03:44 PM
Let's put it this way, I'm making a header with just ATK not aiming to kill or no header from me.

Chalex4
17th March 2007, 03:48 PM
Ok, I or Peephole will make it then. Your loss. If you had actually read previous posts, we have decided on Aim To Kill not Aiming.

the witch
17th March 2007, 07:30 PM
just out of interest why wont connect2gaming make us there main community? cant you just tell them we will post loads of guides and help people out with managing there servers?

Chazlene
17th March 2007, 08:19 PM
Well, we have persuaded them a lot to have the servers back, and said we would help them out more, but they were still stubborn and reduced the slots hugely on the servers since they thought it wasn't making them any profit.

the witch
17th March 2007, 08:36 PM
err good point , couldn't you say that

"the community could be used as a way of helping out there customers with typical server problems i.e adding maps , admins that kinda stuff , by doing this it would cut down the amount of tickets they get sent each day from customers asking about the same problems , resulting in them not having to hire more staff / increase hours or wage making the business alot more efficient and in turn saving them money , also due to a members in the community having basic server knowledge it would mean they wouldn't have to train there staff again saving money , also the servers could be used as "test" servers due to them being populated and well maintained as a means of showing new customers what they can aspect from buying from connect2gaming , a part which plays a major role in consumers."

or something along those lines.

Chalex4
17th March 2007, 11:52 PM
Some good ideas there. However, I have tried most of them already and their response was that if we were the Official Community of the Company people would expect that quite a few of the staff in the company were also active in the Community. Customers would therefore expect that the admins therefore would be very grown up and at least 22 years of age and act really professionally. Customers might also feel that we were also there for Official Company support. If you have any more ideas let me know :confused: .

the witch
18th March 2007, 11:34 AM
dose connect2gaming (BlackICE Internet Services Ltd ) have shares?

Hutch
18th March 2007, 12:11 PM
I think that they do but they aren't a PLC. I reckon that if you wanted to that we could negotiate purchase for the princely sum of 1 apple, 1 Coke, and a bag of guinea pig food. It's not worth very much.

the witch
18th March 2007, 01:13 PM
lol they are a Ltd company though? so they should have shares seeing as the company should be made up of shareholders.

Any idea how much shares would be? and how many shares they have in total? seeing as http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/ is closed apparently

*this is leading to an idea*

Hutch
18th March 2007, 01:46 PM
Nice plan mate but a ltd means it can't be bought out in a stock market. The shares are only given out by the owners as they wish and then further traded. No open stockmarket. However you could negotiate with them personally with say a fiver.

VeNom
18th March 2007, 02:12 PM
i voted JKS but ATK sounds better why just not take that one??

the witch
18th March 2007, 02:15 PM
yeh , but i meant as in if they had set prices for shares as a company , and how many existing shareholders they have. Because if shares are say £0.30 per we could all buy like 1% worth of the company until we own 51% of the company meaning we would have the majority of votes when it comes to deciding whether to make C2G the main community. but then them being a limited company makes it vary hard for corporative takeover and also the fact that they could have over 25000 shares mean we would need to raise about £35000.

so guess my plans kind of fallen to pieces , oh well theres always tescos...

so errm yeh ill shut up now lol

Isphera
18th March 2007, 07:51 PM
yeh , but i meant as in if they had set prices for shares as a company , and how many existing shareholders they have. Because if shares are say £0.30 per we could all buy like 1% worth of the company until we own 51% of the company meaning we would have the majority of votes when it comes to deciding whether to make C2G the main community. but then them being a limited company makes it vary hard for corporative takeover and also the fact that they could have over 25000 shares mean we would need to raise about £35000.

Dude, why the hell would we buy shares in a company when we have pretty much moved to another company anyway. Plus it would be pointless.

Ok, I or Peephole will make it then. Your loss. If you had actually read previous posts, we have decided on Aim To Kill not Aiming.

Thats if it wins the vote, last I checked, its 8-7 UGF. I know it says 8 all, but youve fixed it by one vote.

Hutch
18th March 2007, 07:59 PM
We have already discussed the name with people who voted UGF and half of them wouldn't mind ATK.

Isphera
18th March 2007, 08:01 PM
Point being if you discussed with ATK people, I bet half of them, even the invisible one that you cant see, probs wouldnt mind UGF

Hardie
18th March 2007, 08:03 PM
Point being if you discussed with ATK people, I bet half of them, even the invisible one that you cant see, probs wouldnt mind UGF

You can fuckin stfu because chalex asked people on Teamspeak about what they wanted and 2 people said ATK, btw Chalex can you take my vote of UGF and have it changed to ATK

Thanks

{REMOVED BY CHALEX4} - Please keep yourself under control.

Chalex4
18th March 2007, 08:20 PM
Oricalcos, for now we are sponsored by Connect2 Gaming and we are not sure that we are going to change sponsors, it depends on a huge amount of things. Please don't bitch to each other, and when I announce the final name you will just have to accept it, which ever one I choose.

Hardie
18th March 2007, 08:21 PM
Oricalcos, for now we are sponsored by Connect2 Gaming and we are not sure that we are going to change sponsors, it depends on a huge amount of things. Please don't bitch to each other, and when I announce the final name you will just have to accept it, which ever one I choose.

Exactly Respect the more inteligent(spelling) people and higher ranked people, and tbh you do not deserve admin what so ever on TS or on the CSS servers....

Chalex4
18th March 2007, 08:24 PM
That was not an excuse to cause an argument. If you want to bitch about Oricalcos don't do it on the forum, if I feel he is misusing his admin I will create a post about it.

Hutch
18th March 2007, 08:25 PM
I believe that he is misusing his admin and the radio feed heavily and that something needs to change, I wouldn't mind so much if he was more active on the game servers themselves.

the witch
18th March 2007, 08:33 PM
Hutch: I believe that he is misusing his admin and the radio feed heavily and that something needs to change, I wouldn't mind so much if he was more active on the game servers themselves.

i second that.

Hardie
18th March 2007, 08:42 PM
That was not an excuse to cause an argument. If you want to bitch about Oricalcos don't do it on the forum, if I feel he is misusing his admin I will create a post about it.

Chalex cant you see what hes doing he says all this stuff about me all the time except when you are on, he abuses his admin etc so now ive kept it in so much but now i cant stand it

Chalex4
18th March 2007, 08:50 PM
I believe you, however, before I can do anything I need evidence. Screenshots, sound files etc.

Hutch
18th March 2007, 08:56 PM
Could you post a tutorial for getting these sound files without having to record in TS.

Chalex4
18th March 2007, 09:03 PM
I would try using audacity, record the "wav" input or "what you hear" - that should work.

VoX
27th March 2007, 06:17 PM
gunna try and get this bak on topic, for Aim To Kill could the tag be |A²K| ?

Chalex4
28th March 2007, 11:16 PM
Right, the final name for the Community will be announced tomorrow! Stay tuned...