PDA

View Full Version : ATK Game Reviews!

Chalex4
1st January 2009, 09:39 PM
Darkeagle seems to be full of ideas recently, as he just suggested that ATK wrote its own game reviews.

Whereas we may not have been suited to this when we begun ATK, I feel that this would definitely be a step in the right direction for us in 2009. So, I have set up this forum with that in mind. In terms of length, I think they should be as long and full as possible, without going over the top and trying to replace the more professional reviews that can be found everywhere else. Perhaps reviews should be concentrated on aspects of the game that would interest the Community, for example the online aspect.

I believe that Darkeagle is wanting to write the first one on Football Manager 2009, although anyone can create a new thread with a review. Obviously, the current forum thread setup isn't the best for this, so if this gets a lot of interest by you guys I will invest in a modification that would allow us to do it more professionally. Don't worry, it's only £20 so it wouldn't break the bank.

One final note, any threads created in this forum that aren't reviews will be deleted or moved.

I am interested to see your opinions on this, so post below!

Colonel Mitch
1st January 2009, 09:44 PM
I think this is a great idea acutally :)

Colonel Mitch
1st January 2009, 09:46 PM
Actually, Im going to install office right now (yes it actually is genuine o: - got the professional edition from college for £15 - thats over £300 in shops!) and write one myself!

Chalex4
1st January 2009, 09:50 PM
Sounds good Mitch :). What game are you going to talk about?

Just in addition to my post above, we are just starting with reviews on games for now because we don't want to spread ourselves too thinly. If it is a great success, then we can expand into new areas like hardware and software.

Colonel Mitch
1st January 2009, 09:53 PM
OMG i didnt think of that......... thats an awsome idea tbh :P
Also i ahvent decided yet :P

Marshy
1st January 2009, 09:58 PM
Can we have it so the threads are instantly closed when made because it will be people saying like 'This game sucks play something else !!11one1!'

So if a review is posted then it auto closes

VoX
1st January 2009, 10:04 PM
Would be a good idea Marshy.

Marshy
1st January 2009, 10:08 PM
Oh my god! Someone agrees with me?! Is this real?

Target
1st January 2009, 10:14 PM
no April fool!!!! :O

I can see Colonel Mitch speading hours reviews hundreds of things, maybe we should limit each person to a set number of reviews per week or month>?

Bloo
1st January 2009, 10:16 PM
I think I might do a review of Minesweeper then.

Darkeagle
1st January 2009, 10:19 PM
That would be awsome.

Chazlene
1st January 2009, 10:23 PM
I'm sure I had this idea a while back Chalex and mentioned it to you. :D

I'd happily write some reviews, have been inspired a lot by Zero Punctuation.

Chalex4
1st January 2009, 10:48 PM
Can we have it so the threads are instantly closed when made because it will be people saying like 'This game sucks play something else !!11one1!'

So if a review is posted then it auto closes

I do and don't like this idea. I think that it would be nice for feedback for the reviews, but for it not just to turn into a normal thread.

I think the solution is just to be very strict on moderation and keep everything constructive.

If that doesn't work then we may just have to auto close them as you say.

I'm sure I had this idea a while back Chalex and mentioned it to you. :D

I suppose you could have. We probably just had way too much other stuff under way to even consider taking anything else on.

Marshy
1st January 2009, 11:03 PM
I do and don't like this idea. I think that it would be nice for feedback for the reviews, but for it not just to turn into a normal thread. I think the solution is just to be very strict on moderation and keep everything constructive. If that doesn't work then we may just have to auto close them as you say.

Let me do it /win :p

Isphera
1st January 2009, 11:31 PM
Before anyone nabs it, I am doing WoW now.

EDIT - Then I am planning to do World In Conflict, MLB 08 The Show and Madden NFL 09

Target
2nd January 2009, 12:22 AM
I finish the wow review ul oric

WOW IS THE BEST...THE END!!!!

Calneon
2nd January 2009, 12:41 AM
Im doing Leisure Suit Larry.

Marshy
2nd January 2009, 12:57 AM
I will be doing Spore

D_K_Head
2nd January 2009, 01:31 AM
I call dibs on any and all sourcemods, and a few other multiplayer games you MAY not have tried...