PDA

View Full Version : Poll to unban Hutch after one year's ban?

Chalex4
3rd January 2009, 12:00 AM
Just as with the previous poll, this is to see whether we should have a poll to unban Hutch when he has been banned for a full year.

I must say I am slightly confused as to why you now all love him, especially after having another unban poll only a few months back when you all practically said you would leave if he returned!

ez64
3rd January 2009, 12:15 AM
Not that im bothered but the intial poll had hidden results.

Bloo
3rd January 2009, 12:18 AM
Well, it's seem fair to give him a poll, and it could help sort things out and allow each side to vote for or against and hopefully (this time) not have such a controversy about it.

Chalex4
3rd January 2009, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I changed it since many people don't comment on threads even after they have voted so I thought it would be useful to know whether they were regulars.

Also, Hutch was banned on 22nd April 2008. So, it doesn't take a genius to work out that he would be unbanned on 22nd April 2009, ~06:00 PM (according to the site), with 109 days, 18 hours until then.

Reading what you said in the shoutbox Oricalcos, you want him to suffer not being in the community, and that seems like a decent amount of time. Not trying to cause an argument, but just wanted to say that.

Trigger
3rd January 2009, 12:23 AM
Meh, i dont know whether you should count my opinioun as i wasnt there/werent caring when the issues arose.

Met him at I34 and he seemed like a Decent Fella (dont moan at me if u disagree i was only with him for 3 days). I reckon youve all punished him quite a bit for it and i reckon even if he gets let back he shall never hear the end of it and you will get rid of him in the slightest bit of trouble so give him the chance

So anyway Ignore or take into consideration, ur choice :D

Chazlene
3rd January 2009, 12:25 AM
Ah, ATK is turning into a proper organisation now, having a meeting discussing whether to have another meeting.

Calneon
3rd January 2009, 12:39 AM
Considering that everyone now loves him only to piss Oric off, I can't see the harm.

Oh and as Chaz said, a poll whether to have a poll. FTW!

ez64
3rd January 2009, 12:52 AM
People with 7 posts dont count :D

I just assumed the 1 year ban wouldnt be lifted early and thats what Im voting for.

Isphera
3rd January 2009, 01:00 AM
you want him to suffer not being in the community, and that seems like a decent amount of time. Not trying to cause an argument,

Not really. Him being a dickwad was the reason I wanted him banned. Him suffering and clamoring to come back is added bonus.

EDIT - Before those who voted no with me get grief, the view above is my opinion, having suffered his idiocy for six years. It does not reflect the views of John or ez64, or the community as a whole. If you think what I said is mean, see a psycologist.

EDIT2 -
I must say I am slightly confused as to why you now all love him, especially after having another unban poll only a few months back when you all practically said you would leave if he returned!

If I am honest, I am as well. This is typical Hutch, he comes on, acts as if nothings happened, assimilates back in, starts being matey for a week, everyone loves him, then BANG, back to fuckwit cycle. Only last time we banned him for it. Unbanning will just restart it. Like I have my good weeks (I love you all) and bad weeks (Where everyone except the WoW crew gets griped at.). And I did say grIped, not grOped...

EDIT3 - In conclusion, let him be lonely, and ban him everytime comes on.

Marshy
3rd January 2009, 01:10 AM
What so it would be a unban after the 1year whats the point if its 109 days....

Isphera
3rd January 2009, 01:14 AM
Elaborate, you made no sense whatsoever in that post.

Marshy
3rd January 2009, 01:27 AM
Well it hardly seems worth it if its going to be 109 days, i dont really mind which way it goes now also the last vote was a little odd

7@rg37, CILLIT BANG, Colonel Mitch, Frost Wraith, Paper Tiger, pewpew, silentlord.2008, Snerfs -- Voted No
Who the f*** is pewpew with 5 posts and how was he involved in this
2 members there with very few posts

Bloo, Chalex4, Chazlene, ez64, Marshy, spawnofebil, the witch, VoX -- Voted Yes
(the witch had 157 posts)
Much more active members including 3 mods and the owner...

ez64
3rd January 2009, 01:45 AM
I didnt mean to click yes :D, I stick by my vote.

Marshy
3rd January 2009, 02:10 AM
The thing that really gets me is this
7@rg37, - active
CILLIT BANG, - comes on every blue moon
Colonel Mitch, - active
Frost Wraith, - inactive
Paper Tiger, - inactive
pewpew, - 5 posts
silentlord.2008, - inacvtive
Snerfs - can hardly say active but still a member none the less

so only about 4 people reall still come on

Isphera
3rd January 2009, 02:22 AM
pewpew was proven to be hutch w/ reverse pyscology. Snerfs is active, Fred is too. FW is becoming active again. The witch has now since become ridiculously inactive.

Marshy
3rd January 2009, 02:35 AM
Ok so if we redo it then
Snerfs fw mitch target - 4 in total - when the first poll was taken fw had about 3 posts
marshy bloo chalex ez64 chazlene - 5 in total..
why wasent the first poll used to unban him

D_K_Head
3rd January 2009, 02:40 AM
From what i've heard/seen... hutch seems to be like me. Might be interesting to meet him.

Marshy
3rd January 2009, 02:50 AM
Can we just get a new hutch back into atk post as in not a meeting to decide to have a meeting. Just straight up Should he be allowed back instantly not waiting 109 days just comming back right now.

Isphera
3rd January 2009, 03:22 AM
Um. .....your forgetting me in the yes column and ez was in the yes rather than no. Far as I see, thats 6-4 in favor of keeping the ban

D_K_Head
3rd January 2009, 03:25 AM
8 yes
3 no

-2 to yes
+2 to no
_________

6 Yes
5 No

Colonel Mitch
3rd January 2009, 03:27 AM
pew pew wasnt hutch lol it was paul from the nest :D

Isphera
3rd January 2009, 03:29 AM
I worked from marshy's example. Even so, both scenario's point to him remaining banned.

D_K_Head
3rd January 2009, 03:31 AM
sorry, i'll rephrase that

8 unban
3 ban

-2 to unban
+2 to ban
_________

6 unban
5 ban

ez64
3rd January 2009, 03:36 AM
The poll is NOT unban, the Yes is for him to be unbanned after the 109 days *meeting*, I would have voted for that option.

Vicious Horizon
3rd January 2009, 11:37 AM
I think he should be unbanned after 109 days. Mainly because I believe that everyone should be given a se- third chance, and I think that he'll try not to piss you guys off. He never pissed me off tbh.

Darkeagle
3rd January 2009, 12:04 PM
I think we should give him a one last chance type of thing. He dose anything wrong, anything at all, he gets banned for ever

VoX
3rd January 2009, 12:44 PM
silentlord.2008, - inacvtive
Snerfs - can hardly say active but still a member none the less

silentlord.2008 seems to have multiple personalities using Snerfs (http://www.atkcommunity.com/member.php?u=82) and silentlord.2008 (http://www.atkcommunity.com/member.php?u=287) sharing the same computer. No soup for you! and you! and you!

Silent didn't have the best password protection in the world and me and John found a way past it, subsequently the above happened with John logging on as Marc and voting in the poll.

I agree with DE here, one last chance, if he's a smacktard, perma, and that means PERMA. (Wow, I'm caps-locking words that don't actually exist...)

Bloo
3rd January 2009, 01:10 PM
Of course, those incidents were the controversies I was talking about last time...

If I am honest, I am as well. This is typical Hutch, he comes on, acts as if nothings happened, assimilates back in, starts being matey for a week, everyone loves him, then BANG, back to fuckwit cycle. Only last time we banned him for it. Unbanning will just restart it.

The irony of that statement is beautiful, considering how this in my opinion is exactly the same thing you have done (though I admit, you're a lot less clingy than Hutch is, though the first time I observed it you did attempt the typical "well I'll make my own clan and it'll be better than yours!" but that was awhile ago so meh). On the whole though, when the exile, prisoner, banned user, soldier, whatever returns they will often try and make out that nothing has happened, it's a very human coping mechanism.

Isphera
3rd January 2009, 02:21 PM
I think we should give him a one last chance type of thing. He dose anything wrong, anything at all, he gets banned for ever

We did give him a last chance - that was the one he blew when he got banned.

Vicious Horizon
3rd January 2009, 04:28 PM
Which is also why I say se- Third chance ;D

Isphera
3rd January 2009, 05:59 PM
Nah, hes on Seventh if you go back to BRS.

Target
3rd January 2009, 07:01 PM
You can't put it down purely to majority when over half the community voted for him not to be allowed back in, if he got 75% of everyone in the communities support I would agree. Tbh i voted no for the simple fact that i prefer Oric over Hutch, and also I feel that other members may leave if Hutch is allowed back in.

D_K_Head
3rd January 2009, 07:22 PM
personally i'd prefer someone who seems to be in TS often and wants to play with us over someone who jumps on very rarely and does a lot of moaning on the forums... but this isn't a choice of one or the other, it's just to bring back an old member who some people took a disliking to.

Bloo
3rd January 2009, 07:26 PM
You can't put it down purely to majority when over half the community voted for him not to be allowed back in, if he got 75% of everyone in the communities support I would agree. Tbh i voted no for the simple fact that i prefer Oric over Hutch, and also I feel that other members may leave if Hutch is allowed back in.

If a slight majority wants to have a vote to let him come back in, then i'd say go and have the vote.

If a slight majority wants Hutch to be let back in, then i'd say there should be some serious thought/discussion about him returning.

Edit: Just to clarify slightly, I mean the results of this poll (the poll to have a poll) should be in favour of those who want the poll in case of a narrow lead. But if the poll was for actually letting him back in, i'd take more careful consideration if those who wanted him back had a narrow lead.

Marshy
3rd January 2009, 07:50 PM
personally i'd prefer someone who seems to be in TS often and wants to play with us over someone who jumps on very rarely and does a lot of moaning on the forums....

I agree with that more than anything else really

Isphera
3rd January 2009, 09:09 PM
but this isn't a choice of one or the other, it's just to bring back an old member who some people took a disliking to.

Lol. If you were here when the first vote happened, you wouldn't be saying this. I think at one point, half of the community would have left. And it was slightly more than a dislike.

If a slight majority wants to have a vote to let him come back in, then i'd say go and have the vote.

If a slight majority wants Hutch to be let back in, then i'd say there should be some serious thought/discussion about him returning.

Edit: Just to clarify slightly, I mean the results of this poll (the poll to have a poll) should be in favour of those who want the poll in case of a narrow lead. But if the poll was for actually letting him back in, i'd take more careful consideration if those who wanted him back had a narrow lead.

I agree totally with this. But my view remains we shouldn't have one :)

Snerfs
3rd January 2009, 09:18 PM
ok i havent read half of this since, yes, i hardly come on, but i've been a member a heck of a long time, so wether i am active or not, it should not become an issue. I stick by vote, flame me, w/e idc, i won't be coming back to this post.

Good Day Sir.

Isphera
3rd January 2009, 09:20 PM
ok i havent read half of this since, yes, i hardly come on, but i've been a member a heck of a long time, so wether i am active or not, it should not become an issue. I stick by vote, flame me, w/e idc, i won't be coming back to this post.

Good Day Sir.

This is the approach I am taking too. I'm sick of flame war.

Marshy
3rd January 2009, 09:24 PM
@ 17 members have voted 12 said yes. Can we start this vote?

VoX
3rd January 2009, 10:10 PM
It's a vote to have a vote when he's ban expires, so that's about the 11th of April IIRC.

VoX
4th January 2009, 02:33 PM
Thread cleared of crap, left it open to discussion though.

D_K_Head
4th January 2009, 02:45 PM
censorship!

Friend of Wander
4th January 2009, 02:49 PM
meh I voted yes...but this is only a poll to have a poll. He'll still be banned.

Darkeagle
4th January 2009, 02:54 PM
To be Honest, It has been blown out of proportion, who would of left if hutch got let back in last time, no offence but the list reads:

Oric

I think there are people that have caused trouble in the past, ( me for one) But because they were not outspoken, no action was taken.

Also I think there are people here who are just as bad as Hutch.

Isphera
4th January 2009, 02:58 PM
Also I think there are people here who are just as bad as Hutch.

Who currently in ATK would happily constantly spam TS with a TS spammer for 6 months? Who would kick everyone from a server for no reason? I don't think anyone but Hutch would.

Darkeagle
4th January 2009, 03:00 PM
ok, when was the last time it happened, he did stuff wrong, but he has stopped