PDA

View Full Version : CSS Servers

Calneon
3rd January 2009, 04:15 PM
I am in the process of updating our CSS servers, of which we have two, a 24 slot and 20 slot. Currently, our 24 slot is set up as a H&S server, and the 20 slot as surf (fun maps) server. I think we need a change, and I think that almost everyone will be pleased if I change the 24 slot from H&S to a reverse gungame server, which I love and most of you guys like too.

As for the other server, we have a number of options, we can leave it as it is (surf maps), create a proper CSS server, a deathmatch server, any other plugin you guys might want really. It would also be a great help if you could point me to any plugins that you know are good, or have seen on other servers.

Thanks for any feedback!

Marshy
3rd January 2009, 04:21 PM
bunny hop server

Calneon
3rd January 2009, 04:26 PM
Yeah Marshy, that REALLY helps. Try explaining what it is and giving me a link. I searched google for bunny hop server, and the 2nd link down gave me an anti-virus warning O.o.

Vicious Horizon
3rd January 2009, 04:29 PM
Why don't we have a normal server?

And the HnS server is our most popular from my experience.. I regular it quite a bit, there's almost always someone on.

Why don't we change the Match server on weekdays to Reverse Gungame or something?

Calneon
3rd January 2009, 04:32 PM
The match server isn't going to be used as a public server. If the rest of the community still think HnS is popular, then it will stay.

Vicious Horizon
3rd January 2009, 04:42 PM
I think Nev would be angry if we change the surf server though.

Ok, now this is my 666th post XD

Isphera
3rd January 2009, 05:58 PM
Nev can suck it. Change surf to either a normal/fun server.

Calneon
3rd January 2009, 06:16 PM
What would fun be Oric?

Vicious Horizon
3rd January 2009, 06:19 PM
Fun maps, rather than the normals, I vote normals.

Bloo
3rd January 2009, 06:23 PM
I vote reverse gungame deathmatch! That's great fun.

Chalex4
3rd January 2009, 06:58 PM
The problem with normal servers is that since there are so many of them, it is very unlikely you will get a bunch of regulars on your server. That said, I don't mind if it is a normal maps server, but I think fun maps would be better (e.g. the same as now).

I also love Reverse GunGame: http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/view/gungame

and CSS: DM: http://www.bailopan.net/cssdm/

Those are the versions I have used in the past, and are the most popularly used I think.

Also, you need to decide whether you prefer rounds in GunGame or not (deathmatch or not). I actually like both modes, so it's up to you.

D_K_Head
3rd January 2009, 07:37 PM
DM is boring as hell. Regular is always fun for a while, but gets old. reverse gungame is the best type of gungame, and really makes for a fun match. Fun maps are also good... there's nothing like dodging boulders in CS :P

VoX
3rd January 2009, 07:58 PM
Reverse GunGame deathmatch!

I might re-install CSS if that be the case :p.

Calneon
3rd January 2009, 08:33 PM
Hmm I don't know about RGG DM, seems a bit hectic at times, although it's easier to get the grenade kill at the end :D.

Isphera
3rd January 2009, 09:07 PM
Fun = Fun maps which are not surf. e.g. Glasstrap. Nonon, give us 24/7 Glass Maps :D

So have one RGGDM and one Fun/Glass (no surf).

Vicious Horizon
3rd January 2009, 09:45 PM
GLASSMAPSGLASSMAPS GOGOGO!

Whoa, hang on, didn't we change the 'Fun' maps server to HnS?

Marshy
3rd January 2009, 10:07 PM
glassmaps ftw

funk
3rd January 2009, 10:29 PM
DM servers are better than surf ;)

Calneon
3rd January 2009, 10:37 PM
So far I think the favourites are a Fun map server (glass) and the Reverse Gungame Deathmatch (or team?). In which case I need anyone who knows good maps to give me a link to them because I know jack shit about CSS maps.

EDIT: Oh and hi funk :). Welcome to ATK.

D_K_Head
3rd January 2009, 11:51 PM
Reverse GG... glass is NOT fun

Calneon
3rd January 2009, 11:54 PM
Reverse GG... glass is NOT fun
Im talking about having both...

Vicious Horizon
4th January 2009, 11:37 AM
Reverse Gungame with Glassmaps,

and yeah, welcome funk, I'm gonna have to try not to mis-spell you name, why don't you post in the introductions so everyone gets to know you :)

D_K_Head
4th January 2009, 11:59 AM
glass with reverse GG? that could work...

and welcome funk, glad to see another new tag around. Hop on TS sometime

Vicious Horizon
4th January 2009, 12:11 PM
I need to use TS more, haven't been on in a while..

Trigger
4th January 2009, 12:18 PM
yeah GG, would be the best one, reverse or normal

Isphera
4th January 2009, 01:49 PM
Reverse Gungame with Glassmaps

Hahahaha, I would love to see this :D

Vicious Horizon
4th January 2009, 01:53 PM
It would be quite entertaining with a grenade

(We have to make it cl_airaccelerate 1000 though, so I can live forever XD)