PDA

View Full Version : My dining room setup xD

Colonel Mitch
16th January 2009, 10:22 PM
Okay so this is the dining room that we never use to eat in - traditionally it has 1 computer on teh desk at the side... but now its my domain! (get it..... hehe... the domain pun ;))

Anyway here are some piccys of teh setup:

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t333/piers1989/IMAGE_006.jpg

Sorry i left 1 system out - theres another laptop in the living room my dads using :D

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t333/piers1989/IMAGE_007.jpg

A brief picture of part of the network setup. Gigabit switch linked to my pc, a cable going to my room, the server, and teh wireless access point/router thats connected via WAN to the home hub. The routers WAN is assigned its IP by the hubs DHCP but the routhers DHCP is disabled and the server assigns IP's along witht the correct DNS. :D

Also i must say its very nice to have jsut reformatted a laptop, istalled 3 drivers, and now i can play steam, warcraft and generals, without any copying or installation (other than registry addition for generals which only takes seconds) - there shorthcuts are jsut ready on my desktop :D

Calneon
16th January 2009, 11:06 PM
Don't know how you can work in that mess.

Also, stop with all the show off threads you've been making lately. Yeah, you have lots of money and spare time, we get it xD

Colonel Mitch
16th January 2009, 11:14 PM
Don't know how you can work in that mess.

Also, stop with all the show off threads you've been making lately. Yeah, you have lots of money and spare time, we get it xD

There not all show off threads and my dads making me do this MCSE full time (6 hours a day :S) so i got him to buy the server. all of the laptops are over a year old with the oldest being 2004 and only one is "mine". The thread about teh jag is genuinley looking for a jag - after selling ym other cars ill need a new car and u can get a nice 1 for like £1.3k which after sellin the cheap cars ive bought with my inheritance from my otehr nan, birthday money from grandparents and parents and the car for me that my parents helped buy ill have almost enough. As this is a computer gaming community I thought people would be interested in the computer stuff i've been posting.

Trigger
16th January 2009, 11:15 PM
Jaffa Cakes..... Om nom nom

Oh and i bet your elelectric bill is astronomical

Colonel Mitch
16th January 2009, 11:16 PM
Jaffa Cakes..... Om nom nom

OMM NOM NOM

Oh and i bet your elelectric bill is astronomical

Erm my dad never turns off the computer he uses, mine never gets shut down ever and the server has to stay on to keep teh network up so yeah probably :P

Trigger
16th January 2009, 11:30 PM
I just wanted to use the word Astronomical lol, dont listen to Phantom hes just grouchy 99.91% of the time :p

VoX
16th January 2009, 11:43 PM
Fuck me, that tower on the left is mahoosive! Or everything else is pretty small.

Calneon
16th January 2009, 11:45 PM
I just wanted to use the word Astronomical lol, dont listen to Phantom hes just grouchy 99.91% of the time :p
Heya xD. Where are you posting from?

Trigger
16th January 2009, 11:51 PM
I just came on to post a couple of things but people keep answering back so i havent logged off yet lol

Colonel Mitch
17th January 2009, 12:26 AM
Fuck me, that tower on the left is mahoosive! Or everything else is pretty small.

Havent u seen my pc before vox lol. heres a pic of it @ i34:

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t333/piers1989/DSCF0979.jpg

It still doest quite fit in the picture but u can see its taller than the desks :P

Calneon
17th January 2009, 01:17 AM
Big'n'Ugly. Just how Mitch likes em :D

Colonel Mitch
17th January 2009, 01:59 AM
I wudnt call him big or ugly ;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2378/2234379744_7267288c04.jpg

ez64
17th January 2009, 02:41 AM
lol thats not quite a come back.

Colonel Mitch
17th January 2009, 03:50 AM
It is - sorta. My sexuality doesnt bother me so to me its a fine comback ;)

Vicious Horizon
17th January 2009, 01:39 PM
Haha :P

Calneon
17th January 2009, 02:36 PM
Didn't know you were gay Mitch.

D_K_Head
17th January 2009, 02:47 PM
...ditto. Still, i'm used to people turning out to be gay. You'd be surprised how often it hapens on SL... Good on you, mate.

Target
17th January 2009, 03:34 PM
Ur just strange quite quite strange!!!

Vicious Horizon
17th January 2009, 07:19 PM
You should be more accepting Target.

My English teacher thinks my friend's gay (Long story for another time XD), which generally ends up in some quite funny circumstances.

And in the words of Ali-G "I just want you to know, nothin's changed since the start of 'dis conversation" ;D

D_K_Head
17th January 2009, 08:42 PM
Warning, topic derailing currently in progress, stand clear of the doors.

EDIT: Oh, and I consider people who can't string a sentance together strange targ. :P

Colonel Mitch
17th January 2009, 09:00 PM
Didn't know you were gay Mitch.

Pretty much ;)

Everyone from good old BRS knows circumstances n stuff and gary n john no. As you'd probably gathered i done act it - I hate the stereotypical gay people like "super! - thats TO DIE FOR!" etc....

Target
18th January 2009, 01:47 AM
I dont mind that mitch is gay, but as his mates i have to take the piss sometimes :P And he's strange coz of the way he's turned his dinning room into something on a sci-fi film.

Colonel Mitch
18th January 2009, 04:20 AM
And he's strange coz of the way he's turned his dinning room into something on a sci-fi film.

damn the laptops crashed again... WARP NINE!

Target
18th January 2009, 04:24 AM
that exactly wot happens and u know it lukat doctor who, the tardis has laptops all over

ez64
18th January 2009, 04:39 AM
damn the laptops crashed again... WARP NINE!

Warp? such caveman engineering should not be used!

Wormhole drive that takes 10 minutes to make up from no where is clearly the way forwards,

and the way back/up/down :D

Colonel Mitch
18th January 2009, 05:57 AM
Wormhole drive that takes 10 minutes to make up from no where is clearly the way forwards

Yes this mysterious "wormhole drive" that miraculously appears in the final episode with no explanation or any kind of introduction what so ever...

Vicious Horizon
18th January 2009, 12:03 PM
Yes.. I assume that an Asgard (sp?) appeared while we weren't watching...

We should make our own final episode.

Bloo
18th January 2009, 12:54 PM
Yes this mysterious "wormhole drive" that miraculously appears in the final episode with no explanation or any kind of introduction what so ever...

The original script had an Ancient come down and cry "DEUS EX MECHINA!" but they felt that might be a little too subtle to grasp. That episode really should of been a two-parter.

Calneon
18th January 2009, 02:04 PM
Woo, Star Trek.

Bloo
18th January 2009, 02:18 PM
Q vs an Ancient, who would win? :D

Calneon
18th January 2009, 02:37 PM
Q vs an Ancient, who would win? :D
Depends which one was your mum.

Colonel Mitch
18th January 2009, 04:58 PM
As much as it pains me to say it i think Q would be teh pwnage.

ez64
18th January 2009, 05:49 PM
Q quite easily.