PDA

View Full Version : Do you have Command and Conquer Generals : Zero Hour?

Colonel Mitch
19th January 2009, 03:04 PM
poll plz :D

Basically I've jsut got around to reinstalling it - Brilliant game.

Would Highly suggest Shockwave Mod for it., it balances things and keeps precisley to the games original design, just with more upgrades/units, but best of all its an addon MOD, and doesnt affect the game itself, so you can still simply launch the original and play online.

Incase anbody doesnt know you can play mods online too but youll be lucky to find another player with the same mod online at the same time.

Also if alot of people have cracked version (or would like to get it) we can use Hamachi, that or I have 3, possibly 4 cd keys myself and know how to change them on your computer so if you have a copied version that simply runs off of an image, or is a crack but still version 1.04 it should work online with a genuine key.

D_K_Head
19th January 2009, 03:17 PM
Yep. Great game... Are you thinking of a match, Mitch?

Colonel Mitch
19th January 2009, 05:07 PM
Yep. Great game... Are you thinking of a match, Mitch?

Id certainly like to get some 2v2 or 3v3 goin :) Chris (target) and Freddie (cillit bang) are big fans too :D

VoX
19th January 2009, 06:20 PM
Removed cracked option from poll as it's public.

I have the normal Generals, however Disc 1 is in 2 pieces lol.

Isphera
19th January 2009, 06:20 PM
I got it, as you know

Vicious Horizon
19th January 2009, 06:56 PM
Oh, so I get shouted at even thouagh i don't condone piracy, and when Mitch openly says that he'll help pirates he goies scott free :P

I'll think about getting it.

ez64
19th January 2009, 07:16 PM
Ill be able to play.

Colonel Mitch
20th January 2009, 01:52 AM
Oh, so I get shouted at even thouagh i don't condone piracy, and when Mitch openly says that he'll help pirates he goies scott free :P

I'll think about getting it.

Erm ... i agree with vicious's previous criticism here - at the time i dditn really think of it but its not illegal to talk about pirated software, or even to link to it, its jsut illegal to upload or download it without the rights. I own 4 copies myself and im sure just about all of you have probably done soem questionally legal things in the past, and present. Vox, download a legit copy of the ISO images, that way your not breaking any copy protection anyway so its legal - the disks are useless without a cd key, which im assuming you still have so youll be ok. also im willing to temporarily transfer my legal ownership of one of my zero hour keys to you, as per my legal right to do with things i own, that way once again you're not doing anythign wrong and neither am I.

Basically the jist of the story is if everyone can "aqquire" a copy of the game disk images then i can temporarily give them too you, and if for the benefit of the community, we can all keep transferring ownership to each other and with my keys alone 3, or possibly 4 if i can find the other case, can play with what are currently my keys alone. On top of that Oric and DK have it so thats 6 we have.

In essence its not illegal for you all to obtain cd images, instal it with legal keys ill give you, and play online with us, then give somebody else the key (it becomes illegal technically if you dont unistall/remove your key from the game - though it should be noted you can remove the key if you know what your doing and the game will still play).

Target
20th January 2009, 03:19 AM
no idea where the disk is tho, but im sure that i can actually play the game on here it plays css just about and its got gud enuf internet.

Vicious Horizon
20th January 2009, 08:25 AM
I was only messin Mitch :P and sorry for that awful spelling too xD

I'll steal my mate's copy tomorrow :D

D_K_Head
20th January 2009, 09:42 AM
lets face it. The law of averages means you ARE pretty safe anyway...

Vicious Horizon
20th January 2009, 06:06 PM
/agreed DK.

I have both C&C:G and Zero Hour.