PDA

View Full Version : l4d team?

Darkeagle
23rd January 2009, 05:49 PM
Well, we have more than 4 people that play l4d, and there are teams, so do people want a l4d team?

I wouldnt run it, but im sure someone would step up.

Trigger
23rd January 2009, 11:28 PM
Not a bad idea but you would have to be carefull as most people who would want to do L4D are also in one of the other team, so clashes and giving up more free time is a bit tricky for some people

I.E ME

If theres enough support i wouldnt mind running it :D

Target
24th January 2009, 03:06 AM
think we could just run it as a fun thing, like if we have 4 people online wanting to play you could go on irc and find a mix or something or play online together, and god forbid if we get 8 we culd have inter-clan war which is always fun :D

D_K_Head
24th January 2009, 01:11 PM
I'm fairly sure we've already got two teams...

still, could be fun to make if official.

Calneon
24th January 2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah. I'd play in it.

Chalex4
24th January 2009, 11:24 PM
Thread moved to the correct forum then moved again to the new L4D Team forum (http://www.atkcommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)! I agree that a L4D team is a great idea ;).

I know that Trigger would like the role of leader, but since he is already co-leader of the TF2 team, I would like to give someone else the opportunity if they are interested. So, post below if you are!

In terms of having a match server, we already have a 2nd L4D server (8 slots) which Phantom hasn't set up yet. So, instead of wasting the server as a public, it would be great if Phantom could set it up for the L4D team and matches.

Good luck! It might be worth creating a few threads to discuss things like training times whilst a leader is chosen.

Calneon
24th January 2009, 11:33 PM
I don't see anyone else who would lead it as well as Trigger would. Except me ofc, but i'm a lazy ass.

Darkeagle
24th January 2009, 11:43 PM
I think trigger should go for it

Trigger
25th January 2009, 11:49 AM
Ah thanks for the support guys, but i understand where Chalex is coming from so if anyone else wants to try and run it i wont stand in your way (DK im looking at you) :D

Zealous
21st February 2009, 09:27 PM
Don't know how many people would still want to do this, but as I have finally installed L4D I wouldn’t mind leading it, but I’d need some help to start off with?

Vicious Horizon
22nd February 2009, 10:19 AM
Fwoar, 4 days off that methinks ;D

Zealous
22nd February 2009, 12:59 PM
What?

Isphera
22nd February 2009, 01:07 PM
I think it's a great idea. I personally wouldn't join due to not having it, and assuming it would take place on versus servers, making it completely undesirable to me, but great idea nonetheless.

Vicious Horizon
22nd February 2009, 01:30 PM
I mean you're bloody close to necroing this thread =)

spawnofebil
22nd February 2009, 02:46 PM
I don't think there's much of a competitive L4D scene tbh...

Bloo
22nd February 2009, 02:49 PM
I don't think there's much of a competitive L4D scene tbh...

Well being a cooperative shooting might be a hint, I guess. I'm not really against or for the idea myself, so go ahead if you really want too. :rolleyes:

Trigger
22nd February 2009, 02:53 PM
Not a bad idea but you would have to be carefull as most people who would want to do L4D are also in one of the other team, so clashes and giving up more free time is a bit tricky for some people

I.E ME

Yays quoted myself

Target
24th February 2009, 05:04 PM
lol, well u dont really need training 4 l4d, I culd easy run it in summer, all you need is someone to shout at people and tell them wot to do and basically stick together. We could easily get clans wars im sure there plenty of other communities out there that would want to play and we could set it up like the TF2 tournament?

Chalex4
24th February 2009, 05:18 PM
OK, I would like this team to go ahead since there are a decent amount of you interested. So, I am right in thinking that Trigger and Zealous both want to lead it?

I'll leave it a few days then create a poll for the leader. Target won't be included since he's only free in the summer.

Vicious Horizon
24th February 2009, 05:25 PM
Mothafucka Chalex stole the activity award!

Trigger
24th February 2009, 05:53 PM
No id like Zealous to run it tbh. but just like for TF2 id be more than happy to lend my expertise in helping to run it, im more of in the field kinda cop not behind the desk one :D

D_K_Head
24th February 2009, 06:47 PM
...you're not a policeman

Trigger
24th February 2009, 09:40 PM
I was metaphorically speaking in case you didnt get it.

If i was a policeman id be smacking Chavs and the like with my truncheon quicker than you could say "headshot", dont think id last long. :p

Zealous
25th February 2009, 12:00 AM
No id like Zealous to run it tbh. but just like for TF2 id be more than happy to lend my expertise in helping to run it, im more of in the field kinda cop not behind the desk one :D

Thanks Trigger! I woulden't mind doing that, if everyone one is ok with it?

Calneon
25th February 2009, 12:25 AM
I'm not happy with it.

You couldn't kill a zombie if it was stood five feet in front of you holding a banner that said, 'I'm a zombie, shoot me', while insulting your mum in a scottish accent.

Zealous
25th February 2009, 12:31 AM
I'm not happy with it.

You couldn't kill a zombie if it was stood five feet in front of you holding a banner that said, 'I'm a zombie, shoot me', while insulting your mum in a scottish accent.

lol, well thank you for that Phantom :rolleyes:.

D_K_Head
25th February 2009, 09:09 AM
...you don't have to be good at a game to lead a group in it. Oric and VH are the good example here.

Colonel Mitch
25th February 2009, 11:00 AM
...you don't have to be good at a game to lead a group in it. Oric and VH are the good example here.

Can i just say - lol.

When was the last cs training to which people came......?

Althought they are trying its not thier fault.

Zealous
27th February 2009, 02:43 PM
Any decision on this yet?

Trigger
27th February 2009, 04:56 PM
Zealous start a thread asking:

Who wants to join still
If they would be happy with you leading
What are the best times for people to practice
Any other queries

In second thoughts everyone just answer below on this thread

1) Me
2) yes
3) 6 pm and later, fridays thursdays and mondays i CANT do
4) would you want us to enter things like ED?

Zealous
27th February 2009, 05:26 PM
Good idea!

Anyone who’s interested answer the questions in Triggers post.

In answer to Triggers question, I think we should, but after a few practices. I just looked at the ED website and they don't have anything for left 4 dead yet, but hopefully there’s something similar to ED or ED start doing l4d.

Just looked around and found these

CAL L4D Sign-ups http://caleague.com/?division=l4do

UGC L4D League http://www.ugcleague.com/home_l4d.cfm

GGL.com Left 4 Dead Tournament http://www.ggl.com/

Chalex4
27th February 2009, 07:04 PM
I think it's pretty much decided that Zealous is the team leader for the L4D team then :D.

Congrats.

I will give you your moderator soon, and I suggest you make a new thread for Trigger's questions. It's getting way too confusing in here :confused:.

Zealous
28th February 2009, 01:27 AM
Thank you! And i will make a new thread now.

Target
1st March 2009, 08:24 PM
LOL of course u hav to be good at the game to lead the team or no one will listen to you coz they all think ur a retard!!!

Calneon
1st March 2009, 09:44 PM
LOL of course u hav to be good at the game to lead the team or no one will listen to you coz they all think ur a retard!!!
My thoughts exactly :D.