PDA

View Full Version : New TF2 Match Server IP

Chalex4
26th January 2009, 07:24 PM
Darkeagle let me know about some lag issues you were having with the TF2 match server, so DCH kindly moved it to a different server for us. The new IPs are:

Server: 81.19.217.198:27018
SourceTV: 81.19.217.198:27050

The server itself is unchanged, it has just been moved. Please pass the new details around and let me know if the performance has improved.

Calneon
26th January 2009, 09:46 PM
WOOO! Well done DE.

Isphera
27th January 2009, 08:52 AM
We have been getting the same issues on the CSS servers. When you join the server, it stutter lags like fuck, despite everyone having a ping under 20. We can fix it by changing a map, but when it happens and no admin is on, it can be annoying (i suspect, since i've got it on both servers...)

Vicious Horizon
27th January 2009, 04:43 PM
To clarify the Oric's point, it can be really annoying, it's like you take 2 steps forwards, 1 step back constantly..

Colonel Mitch
27th January 2009, 05:01 PM
Is that still happening on the CS match/fun server? it seemed to go away when i installed teh prugins properly rather than the way they are on the other servers (that i dont have access to so i couldnt fix before somebody says why didnt i).
Also changing map might make a difference to that, oric vicious etc have admin on the server and can do that.

Vicious Horizon
27th January 2009, 07:25 PM
I don't have admin actually :)

Colonel Mitch
27th January 2009, 10:34 PM
I don't have admin actually :)

last time we all played i checked that you did...... have you tried it?

Isphera
27th January 2009, 10:42 PM
Yes, we can change map. But I only normally play CS at weekends. What if some peeps go on during the week and no-one can change map? Bad rep and lost members ftl.

Chalex4
27th January 2009, 11:10 PM
See if Colonel's mods make a difference. If the TF2 match server is way better, I will consider asking more things to be moved.

Vicious Horizon
28th January 2009, 08:13 AM
No I haven't tried it Mitch, tbh, I'm not sure how - I've been using Quake III mod admin all my life XD

Colonel Mitch
29th January 2009, 01:10 PM
No I haven't tried it Mitch, tbh, I'm not sure how - I've been using Quake III mod admin all my life XD

lol vicious.
try typin admin in console and if the menu comes up it works.

then type in "bind <insert your key here> admin"

now when u press that key u get the admin menu :)

Colonel Mitch
29th January 2009, 01:12 PM
See if Colonel's mods make a difference. If the TF2 match server is way better, I will consider asking more things to be moved.

Its not the mods themselves that change it its the way they were previously stacked rather than installed together. Ive got em all running through metamod so their addressing is managed on the server, whereas muliple VDF files can try n hog too many resources and cause cs to lagggggg.