PDA

View Full Version : Insurgency

Vicious Horizon
8th February 2009, 12:47 PM
Insurgency, everyone should download it.

It's basically a Soldier Simulator based on the Iraq war in 2003, the purpose of the mod is to make an ultra-realistic game which delivers in every aspect.

And damn, they are so close to that even now.
BETA 3 is going to deliver new weapons, new maps and new factions, and that's just the stuff they've announced!

If enough people get it, we can add it to the gaming nights ;D

Although on public servers you get tonnes of Rambos and general f**kwits who dont know about teamwork, there are the occasional times where teamwork works almost perfectly =)

One thing in this mod which is unique is the surpression effect, to try and simulate the feeling that a soldier would get when behind cover, but getting shot at and bullets ricocheting (yes, that happens) off the walls, there is something known as the surpression effect, your screen blurs slighly and shakes, which stops some random n00b jumping out of cover while you're suppressing him and getting a lucky shot, 'cause he can't see and his accuracy is at about 25%.

I recommend this game to anyone and everyone, this is the only game where I have ever felt completely immersed:

While i normally play games at 2 bars of volume (which is loud enough), I was playing at 7 bars, I was on a hill with an RPG-7, next to a support gunner and another RPG-7, we were looking at a building where we thought some 'mericans were, and we saw a pesky little shit poke his face out of the door, the support gunner went apoc with his gun, I shot the RPG through the door, while the other RPGer took out a guy running away, it took a few seconds for me to remember that this was just a game and I wasn't really an Iraqi Insurgent shooting off a hill at a building of USA troops ^^,

Give it a try.

Isphera
8th February 2009, 12:57 PM
ive dl'ed it, never tried it though, so I'd be up for it as a gaming night.

VoX
8th February 2009, 01:18 PM
One thing in this mod which is unique is the surpression effect, to try and simulate the feeling that a soldier would get when behind cover, but getting shot at and bullets ricocheting (yes, that happens) off the walls, there is something known as the surpression effect, your screen blurs slighly and shakes, which stops some random n00b jumping out of cover while you're suppressing him and getting a lucky shot, 'cause he can't see and his accuracy is at about 25%.

Not unique, PR has it lol.

Used to play it, might re-DL it, however I don't like the lack of vehicles and ballistics.

Vicious Horizon
8th February 2009, 02:52 PM
I agree with that actually Vox, but still, can't have everything.

Being the idiot I am, I'm guessing PR is Project Reality?

Calneon
8th February 2009, 03:21 PM
PR = Project Reality yeah.

I think it's best it doesn't have vehicles, as they can ruin the game for people who don't get them, and people start to camp vehicle spawns etc.

I played this quite a lot, can't wait for Beta 3.

Vicious Horizon
8th February 2009, 03:30 PM
If I get round to it, and everything's good, I may be voice acting the brits, which I'm really excited about ^^,

Zealous
9th February 2009, 02:08 AM
I down loaded it a while ago, might start playing it again.

Trigger
9th February 2009, 03:14 PM
Yeah its quite a good game and Orics idea of it being a gaming night is a good one, how bout the 20th? :D

Vicious Horizon
9th February 2009, 08:39 PM
Good for me.