PDA

View Full Version : Whos creative and can create websites?

Colonel Mitch
12th February 2009, 02:10 PM
Im looking at you chazlene! (i no your creative at least :P)

Im setting up a website with 1 of my friends (www.pcs-direct.co.uk), but i only have minimal expeirence with FrontPage and I dont have that anymore.
Ive now got dreamweaver CS4 but it seems to want to be as hard to use as possible :P. Im asking for somebody to help me either make a site or make 1 to rough specifications for me :) - I can edit it once its dont i jsut cant make it in the first place. If u do make it there might be some coin in it for you ;)

Calneon
12th February 2009, 02:24 PM
I'm proficient with Dreamweaver CS3, have made many Web 1.0 sites (non php/ajax etc) for small companies for a small price. I can build you the template with divs and css styles, but I wouldn't be able to do anything like online shopping, though I could probably work it out.

Colonel Mitch
12th February 2009, 02:43 PM
I can do that through a javascript ive used before and im not sure if were gunna offer that anyway. Its more getting a few pages with a nav bar similar to the one here and having the text/pictures in reasonable places. Ill try n make a design template in powerpoint to give you a better idea.

EDIT:

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t333/piers1989/homepage.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t333/piers1989/systempage.jpg

That sort of thing.

D_K_Head
12th February 2009, 03:19 PM
...artistic

Calneon
12th February 2009, 04:39 PM
I can do that fine Mitch, ill make a Dreamweaver template for you. Just give me the dimensions and colour scheme, and any images you want.

Chazlene
12th February 2009, 05:57 PM
Dreamweaver's just a load of symbols and letters to me, and I probably couldn't be bothered anyway. :p

VoX
12th February 2009, 06:19 PM
Same Chaz, I've loaded it once an got scared of it lol.

May have to give it ago again one day though.

ez64
12th February 2009, 06:22 PM
Same Chaz, I've loaded it once an got scared of it lol.

May have to give it ago again one day though.

:D

It's a great program as long as you know how to refine the CSS/HTML code it dumps in there that is hardly ever needed.

Calneon
12th February 2009, 06:53 PM
There really is nothing to it. It's so logical, you just need to have a mind that can visualise how you're going to position elements on screen.

Chalex4
15th February 2009, 12:18 PM
Practice makes perfect as they say, the ATK site has grown much more complex since it was first created.

I'm sure Phantom will do a great job.

Calneon
15th February 2009, 01:16 PM
If Mitch tells me what he wants me to do xD

ez64
15th February 2009, 02:06 PM
If Mitch tells me what he wants me to do xD

Now thats creative :D

Colonel Mitch
15th February 2009, 04:27 PM
I'd like it to stretch like the forums do if thats possible. And then basically i cant realy tell you much more than whats on those power point slides. basically i want a banner at the top that ill steal/ get somebody to photoshop for me in the same style as teh 1 on here (the way the image fades out so u dont notice stretch), a menu like the 1 we have on here with links that light up when u scroll over them and placeholders for stuff in the design i tried to show. I really cant give you any more info than that Im no good at putting anythig into words or paper like that.

Snerfs
15th February 2009, 08:27 PM
i think Phantom means what size do you want everything n stuff? :P

Calneon
15th February 2009, 09:07 PM
Snerf got it in one. It would be great if you could scan in a sketch of what you want the layout to be, then I can mock it up in Photoshop and then build it in Dreamweaver.

VoX
15th February 2009, 09:10 PM
Phantom, when you get a min, mind sending me a link to some good dream weaver tutorials you know of?

Calneon
15th February 2009, 09:12 PM
I didnt use any tutorials to learn it, so i'm afraid you'd have just as much luck as me searching for them :).

VoX
16th February 2009, 07:09 PM
Bugger.

I'll have a look.