PDA

View Full Version : i34 Video Information

Chalex4
27th February 2009, 11:43 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/multiplay.png

Tonight, I managed to complete the majority of the video, editing wise. However, final tweaking, titles, a few special effects and the credits need to still be done. So, assuming that I have some time over the next week, we should have it by the end of next weekend. Having said that, it doesn't mean that I'm not going to try and finish it within the next few days.

Anyway, at the moment the video runs to 22mins. Previously, I have aimed the video at the general public as well as ATK, so I tried to keep them within the 10 minute bracket. This 22 minutes could probably be shortened a little, but I am interested in knowing how many of you would bother to watch it all the way through. If you have all got a short attention span then I will need to shorten it significantly!!

The reason why it is much longer so far is that I have included much more "ATK banter" and I haven't just covered the whole thing with music. Making the video shorter could perhaps have the effect of removing the storyline I have tried to create.

Anyway, I would appreciate your comments on the timing as well as anything else you want ask/have in it.

VoX
28th February 2009, 12:25 AM
I'd watch all 22 mins lol.

Colonel Mitch
28th February 2009, 02:56 AM
I'd happily watch all of it but highlights for the public version would be a better idea.

Frost Wraith
28th February 2009, 03:23 AM
Am i in it? lol did u even get me?

Isphera
28th February 2009, 08:50 AM
I would watch it all.

Chazlene
28th February 2009, 09:49 AM
I thought you said it was only going to include footage of ATK?

Oh well, if you have to make it shorter sacrifice event footage rather than ATK footage.

Also did that Photoshop image I made work fine?

Chalex4
28th February 2009, 05:46 PM
Am i in it? lol did u even get me?

Yes, you are definitely in it. Although, we don't hear you speak much.

I thought you said it was only going to include footage of ATK?

Oh well, if you have to make it shorter sacrifice event footage rather than ATK footage.

Also did that Photoshop image I made work fine?

There's loooaaadddsss of ATK, but a fair amount of the event too. I do want it to appeal to non-ATK people too :D.

And yes, the image you made looks good. Also, it's now at 19 mins with no major bits lost! My aim is 15 minutes, since I'm pretty sure random people would watch it at that length.

ez64
28th February 2009, 08:02 PM
I'd watch an hour quite happily :)

D_K_Head
28th February 2009, 10:57 PM
and in all fairness, who's more likely to care about a video showing off all your ugly mugs?

I doubt the vanilla youtube viewer would really watch a 15 minute video about a lan... it has no fart jokes in it...

Chalex4
1st March 2009, 12:19 AM
I've managed getting it down to 18 minutes (excluding credits), but it would be a stretch to do any more cutting away because of many reasons.

I've also done most of the titles, but may use DK's idea of putting nametags around so people know who everyone is. That all depends if it's easy enough really :D.

Then it's just the ATK intro text and the credits to go. So, you have permission to get excited!!!

Frost Wraith
1st March 2009, 02:01 AM
plz just upload it now i want to see it ^^ who cares how long it is i34 way gone time to show me think's :P

ez64
1st March 2009, 02:57 AM
its coming near a year now :D

Snerfs
1st March 2009, 01:21 PM
I've also done most of the titles, but may use DK's idea of putting nametags around so people know who everyone is. That all depends if it's easy enough really :D.

Then it's just the ATK intro text and the credits to go. So, you have permission to get excited!!!

im the tallest sod there, who needs name tags? xD

btw, have you got the i34 200man conga line and how much is there of me? xD

Chalex4
1st March 2009, 02:07 PM
It will be worth the wait guys, just hang in there. One quick question, what was your friend's online name ez64?

im the tallest sod there, who needs name tags? xD

btw, have you got the i34 200man conga line and how much is there of me? xD

You are in it an awful lot snerfs, and yes, the conga line is also featured!

ez64
1st March 2009, 03:15 PM
Jimmycorps was my mates alias.

Chalex4
1st March 2009, 03:22 PM
Jimmycorps was my mates alias.

Cheers, although I may have to split his name into "jimmy corps".

Isphera
1st March 2009, 03:58 PM
Whats the estimated time for you to begin uploading?

Snerfs
1st March 2009, 04:03 PM
if you read one of his older posts, i think he said something around the end of next weekend (dont quote me on that though)

Isphera
1st March 2009, 04:10 PM
Just doing some reading of past posts, and found this, regarding the i30 video about 18 months ago.

It wasn't meant to be a work of art Oric, it is just a film I quickly put together to give everyone an idea of what i30 was like.

Oh, how times have changed :D.