PDA

View Full Version : i34 Video Released!

Chalex4
2nd March 2009, 08:17 AM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/atk_cinema/i34preview.png

The moment you have all been waiting for has arrived! The i34 video is HERE (http://www.atkcommunity.com/?page=atk-cinema)!

I have put a lot of effort into this video, and I think I can safely say that it's the best I've made to date. I certainly hope it meets all of your expectations, I tried to take your suggestions into account. The video will mostly appeal to us in ATK, but I hope it is easy enough to understand that you could show it to anyone.

I have had to be careful with the file sizes and bandwidth of our site. As a result of this, the smallest version (far right) is actually the highest quality for its size. This is because making the larger videos the same quality would make them >400MB. I will be looking around for more places to host even higher quality versions.

Please post all your comments below!

Trigger
2nd March 2009, 11:29 AM
Awesome editing, spinechilling music, Well worth the wait! :D
Chazlene or snerfs star of the show?
I dont remember the soldiers, what was that in aid of?
What happened to capitals at the start of sentences?
Sad ending, Ah that brought a tear to my eye :(

I really want to go to another one now, hopfully this will persuade some of you ;)

Great work Chalex and thanks to the "music advisor" and "Oric cam man"
I think im gonna go watch it again :p

Isphera
2nd March 2009, 11:36 AM
Kick ass job Chalex. Well worth the wait, and then some. As of now, I am deffo going to i37, see you there.

Calneon
2nd March 2009, 12:46 PM
That was awesome. Bring on i37 maybe there I can look like less of a dick.

Zealous
2nd March 2009, 12:51 PM
That was an epic video! Makes me realy want to go.

ez64
2nd March 2009, 01:00 PM
about to watch :), might be an idea to also make a thread for it on the multiplay forums.

edit: just watched and it was pure awesome :D

Chazlene
2nd March 2009, 02:25 PM
Awesome job, although my title at the beginning looked a little sketchy. :s

Yes, I also nearly cried at the very end with everyone leaving and that music... and you can see my dad at the very end, I wonder if he'll mind...

ez64
2nd March 2009, 04:26 PM
Or my registration plate in full view :D

D_K_Head
2nd March 2009, 05:27 PM
...I want an ATK shirt now... :P

Snerfs
2nd March 2009, 05:30 PM
i... look... like...a... complete... retard... with straight hair! :p

anyways, nice going chalex, about time xD

loved everybit of it, even made my hair stand on end just wanting to watch it xD

ohh btw

OMM NOM NOM!!!

VoX
2nd March 2009, 05:57 PM
Haha, was great, just needings the cash for i37 now.

Snerfs
2nd March 2009, 06:13 PM
not going to i37, got enough to pay for this year, probs i40 is my next 1 :)

Isphera
2nd March 2009, 06:22 PM
Or my registration plate in full view :D

And on my van too whilst your rockin' it out.

Snerfs
2nd March 2009, 06:25 PM
Official Complaint - Me and Several Others Didn't Get Name Tags Above Our Heads, /cry :p

ez64
2nd March 2009, 06:40 PM
You are clearly just not enough of a pimp to have one :D

also bump again theres not multiplay thread, or are you going to try and go through the offcial channel and get multiplay to put it on the front page news section?

Isphera
2nd March 2009, 06:53 PM
I think he is. If that doesn't come through, then he will just post it up on their forum.

Chalex4
2nd March 2009, 07:18 PM
I'm having talks with Wizzo at the moment, since I think we'll need a better place to host it before we can give the MPUK forums the links.

I'm glad you all love it so much! Thanks for the kind words.

Frost Wraith
2nd March 2009, 07:48 PM
That was amazing i love it when i scream and i tend to look like shit near the end but awsome tbh :) can not w8t for i37 im getting a T-shirt 4 sure :P and BYOC

Calneon
2nd March 2009, 08:01 PM
I'm having talks with Wizzo at the moment, since I think we'll need a better place to host it before we can give the MPUK forums the links.

I'm glad you all love it so much! Thanks for the kind words.
Heh awesome, get it posted on the front page.

spawnofebil
2nd March 2009, 08:48 PM
Far too much motion blur.

Chalex4
2nd March 2009, 09:56 PM
Far too much motion blur.

There was no intentional motion "blur", just sped up footage.

If you had properly read my first post you would have seen that none of the videos are the quality I would like. The mediocre quality is mainly noticed in fast moving scenes, so when I get some better quality versions up everything should be much better.

An HD video camera may have also helped, so feel free to buy me one :p.

Isphera
2nd March 2009, 10:14 PM
An HD video camera may have also helped, so feel free to buy me one :p.

Subtle...

Chalex4
3rd March 2009, 10:21 AM
I am now in the process of uploading more "high quality" videos.

The "Medium - HQ" is now up and the "Large - HQ" is uploading at the moment. Please note that these are large video files and may take a while to buffer if you have a slower internet connection.

Multiplay is going to be hosting a download link for a high quality version of the video, so stay tuned!

Frost Wraith
3rd March 2009, 12:04 PM
All i can say is all i want to do is watch it agen and show my friends i love the bit at the end when it show's us going and lots of bit's tbh i love it all ^^ :)

Calneon
3rd March 2009, 02:25 PM
So now we have -

HQ Large
HQ Medium
Large
Medium
Small

Jeez Chalex how many do we need.

Chalex4
3rd March 2009, 02:33 PM
So now we have -

HQ Large
HQ Medium
Large
Medium
Small

I just changed things around a second ago, and the "small" listed above is actually HQ Small.

I won't be adding any more now, apart from a download link for a WMV.

Calneon
3rd March 2009, 02:41 PM
I don't understand how the small one can be HQ. Surely if it was enlarged to the size of the large one it would still be lower quality.

EDIT: I am envious that your school hasn't blocked ATK :P. Ours blocked it after me and zealous started to go on every ICT lesson xD.

Chalex4
3rd March 2009, 03:11 PM
I don't understand how the small one can be HQ. Surely if it was enlarged to the size of the large one it would still be lower quality.

I believe you are correct there, but remember that the high quality small version is massively smaller in size (200MB ish) than the high quality large version. Some people don't mind about the physical size of the video, and just want it to be decent quality.

And yeah, the school did actually block ATK some time back, but since I ran it they were OK with it :D.

VoX
3rd March 2009, 06:24 PM
EDIT: I am envious that your school hasn't blocked ATK :P. Ours blocked it after me and zealous started to go on every ICT lesson xD.

DE on the arcade did it for us lol.

D_K_Head
3rd March 2009, 07:04 PM
Forums did it for me.

Mr.Big
3rd March 2009, 08:58 PM
lol if schools have blocked use Hidemyass :P (www.hidemyass.com)

also DAP let me download the Vid in FLV format and i got top 1mb/s

Chalex4
3rd March 2009, 09:10 PM
Nice one. The WMV download link is now available on FilePlay, courtesy of Multiplay :D.

Find it here (http://www.fileplay.net/file/4461/atk-community-i34-video) (513.6MB).

ez64
3rd March 2009, 09:41 PM
might be an idea to have a the older "large" version as 500mb is far too big for quite a lot of people on the MPUK forums.

maybe uploading to a high quality video site would be an idea as well as I think a lot more would watch it. (like stage6 used to be)

Chalex4
3rd March 2009, 10:03 PM
I don't understand what you're trying to say in the top line :p. Aren't there already enough different versions to choose the one that best suits your connection?

Having said that, if I can get the best quality down a few megs I might try uploading it to Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/) since I want to upload it somewhere that people can comment.

ez64
3rd March 2009, 10:36 PM
the Large HQ and the large in terms of video quality I couldnt tell the difference apart from the 300mb.

Chalex4
3rd March 2009, 10:42 PM
Ah ok, the difference is only really noticed in fast moving scenes. The better quality version looks much clearer and less grainy :).

Target
4th March 2009, 03:37 AM
That was truely awesome, oscar winning tbh, can't wait for i37 am goin even if it bankrupts me :P Video was worth the wait but i want more footage...maybe you could throw some editors clips together chalex, but u dont need to spend 8months finding an editing them :P
Good job though some really good editing work...bring on i37!!!!!!!

p.s I'll try an find your mouse mat for then :D

Frost Wraith
4th March 2009, 01:20 PM
That was truely awesome, oscar winning tbh, can't wait for i37 am goin even if it bankrupts me :P Video was worth the wait but i want more footage...maybe you could throw some editors clips together chalex, but u dont need to spend 8months finding an editing them :P
Good job though some really good editing work...bring on i37!!!!!!!

p.s I'll try an find your mouse mat for then :D

lol gess your at i37 then me 2 wonder if you can stay up this time though

ez64
5th March 2009, 11:30 PM
You still looking into getting it via the MPUK webpage?

Chalex4
6th March 2009, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I'll have another chat with wizzo later today :).

Chalex4
22nd March 2009, 10:38 PM
Ok, after DCH took down most of our cinema links, they are all back up again with Sigurd-Hosting (http://www.sigurd-hosting.com/)!!

Also, I posted a thread on the Multiplay forums with links to the i34 video:
http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/i36/66867-my-i34-video-here-last

Comment on it if you want :).

Target
22nd March 2009, 11:07 PM
lol no one was there to play wit so i went to sleep, an i cba walkin to ma tent that had half fallen dwn or goin in piers' that was full of feathers.

Frost Wraith
23rd March 2009, 10:53 PM
yeah piers tent was full of them tbh lol XD i37 will be awosome tbh if still with slumph i'll stay in his tent :D hahaha

Colonel Mitch
23rd March 2009, 10:59 PM
yeah piers tent was full of them tbh lol XD i37 will be awosome tbh if still with slumph i'll stay in his tent :D hahaha

Lol slumph doesnt have a tent does he? And i love the sound of certianty in that statement - "IF im still with slumph in like 4 months" :P

Frost Wraith
23rd March 2009, 11:05 PM
Lol slumph doesnt have a tent does he? And i love the sound of certianty in that statement - "IF im still with slumph in like 4 months" :P

well as far as i know we will be still together but you never know the futer do you i could die or he could for all we know and also he dose have a tent and so do i tbh ^^

D_K_Head
24th March 2009, 03:17 PM
you never know the futer do you i could die or he could for all we know

my word, you're a positive little ray of sunshine, aren't you?

Frost Wraith
24th March 2009, 07:04 PM
my word, you're a positive little ray of sunshine, aren't you?

See the thing is you expect the worse and when that dose not happen your a happy bunny :D .....

Target
25th March 2009, 03:25 AM
Lol parts of that video r sooooo funny...when hutch epic fails at rodeo bull, when orics van gets rocked...congo...the sound of ez ehaust....how piers feeds paper a cookie luks sooo gay :P...when piers drives stud up...shame u culdnt see the mouse mat in the rear window tho chalex :P...can't wait for i37 will b epic!!!!