PDA

View Full Version : The Hotel

Calneon
18th March 2009, 12:44 PM
A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed.

The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to.

This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, “Did you look through the keyhole?” The man told her that he had and she said, “Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.”

Frost Wraith
18th March 2009, 01:46 PM
carry on what is this from ?

Calneon
18th March 2009, 01:52 PM
It's a chilling short story I found, it's not from anything, just on it's own. There are quite a few good ones lurking around, i'll post some others later but this was the best (creepiest) I found.

Chalex4
18th March 2009, 02:16 PM
That was certainly creepy...

We need an ATK story time :p.

Chazlene
18th March 2009, 03:11 PM
That is pretty creepy... If you google chilling short stories you get actual true tales of weird stuff happening.

I'll try and find some more of these creepy ones though and post them.

Vicious Horizon
18th March 2009, 04:01 PM
I don't really find stories like that creepy, but that's just my opinion.

OFFTOPIC: Chalex, the little flashy text bar in front of what you're typing doesn't show up for me, I use firefox, it's been like that for a while, but when you're trying to edit something it gets a little annoying, wondering where it is you're typing :S

Calneon
18th March 2009, 06:38 PM
Very old one.

-------------

I am currently sitting in front of my computer, scared witless. Any moment now I am going to be killed.

Today a friend of mine told me a story.

His aunt had taken care of him since he was a small boy, and she told him last night about how his parents died. He did a very fair imitation of her (I knew them both pretty well):

“They were doing mission work in some nasty little South American country when a man burst into the mission hospital one night, terrified out of his mind. He told them that his sister had been killed by a Muerta blanca, and that he was certain that it was coming for him next. What is a Muerta blanca? Apparently it was some sort of bogey-man, something like that dumb chupacabra or whatever. They called it the White Death or the White Girl, because it was the soul of someone who hated life so much that they came back in their shrouds to kill those who told of them.

The man had been told about the vengeful spirit by his sister hours before her death. It was a girl with dead, black eyes that wept bile. The thing moved without ever actually moving its legs, and it stalked its victims back to their homes. Now, if you weren’t already aware that this thing was following you, once it got back to your house, it would start knocking on your door…

Once for your skin, which she’ll use to patch her own decaying flesh.

Twice for your muscle, which she’ll gnash her teeth on between victims.

Thrice for your bones, which she’ll make knives to pick her teeth and kill her victims.

Four times for your heart, which she’ll wear around her neck.

Five times for your teeth, which she’ll polish and keep in a box.

Six times for your eyes, which she’ll see the faces of your loved ones through.

Seven times for your soul, which she’ll eat whole - you can never pass while you’re in her stomach.

She has to repeat this on any mirror or door between you and her.

You can try to outrun her, but she’s faster than the fastest man. And if you leave your home while she’s knocking on your door, she won’t be so courteous when she catches up to you.

Now the man was certain that this thing had killed his sister, that he had tried to tell the police, but they would not listen. Next he had tried to tell his priest, but the priest turned him away when he saw that the thing was following him now - oh, that’s right, I forgot about that - it can only get you if you tell someone else about it, or you saw it kill someone else. The man, after finishing his tale, stole a car from the mission, and was never seen again.”

Apparently his mother and father had immediately called his aunt about this when it happened. They were found in the morning, skinned and dismembered. Their bodies were covered in tiny, child-like handprints.”

His aunt was really drunk the night before, and had told him about that. He told me this story early in the morning today at school, before the cops arrived. His aunt had been murdered that night. I called him later that night, and he told me that he was being chased by someone, and now they were knocking on his door. I told him to stop shitting me.

He held the phone away from his face for a minute, and I could hear slow, deliberate knocking. A moment later, I heard the door rip from its hinges and the dying screams of my friend.

Then a little girl’s voice spoke over the line: “WITNESS.” I hung up.

Three minutes ago someone started knocking on my door. She has to knock 28 times on my front door, 28 times on the mirror in the hall, and another 28 times on the door to my bedroom. She’s doing it slowly… I think she wants to scare me some more, let me know that my death is just moments away. I will not run - I couldn’t get to my car in time anyway. She started knocking on my bedroom door a minute ago, she should be done any moment.

Nice knowing you guys, it’s been fuy5
WITNESS

Trigger
18th March 2009, 07:05 PM
I prefered the first, the second was obvious.
But im a big fan of short storys like them ill see if i can find some of my favourites

Bloo
18th March 2009, 08:12 PM
I loved the first one, its quite an eerie twist right at the end of the story. The second was as Trigger said, a little obvious, reminds me too much of those crappy chain-mail emails you get sometimes. :/

However, both stories also made me lol, is that morbid?

Chazlene
18th March 2009, 08:39 PM
Bloo that is your 666th post. Now to be honest that's eerie.

Vicious Horizon
18th March 2009, 08:41 PM
Nope, I almost lol'd at the last one, btw, congratz on 666 posts bloo xD

Calneon
18th March 2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah, the 2nd one doesn't really have a punch line, you know what's gonna happen very early on (well, it does tell you at the start).

Trigger
18th March 2009, 11:58 PM
I was Thinking about a good one and i remember this one i got told at primary school and i was scared shitless for weeks. Phant might remember this, curious if any of you got this tale told to you. :D

There once was a woman who lived all alone, except for the company of her beloved canine friend. Every night the dog would curl up in his basket beside his bed where he slept, and every night the dog would lick her hand to say goodnight.

One night, she woke up in the middle of the night to hear a "drip...drip...drip..." sound coming from somewhere in the house. She got out of bed, and went into the kitchen where she tightened the tap. Then she went back to bed, the dog licked her hand goodnight and she went back to sleep.

Another hour later she woke up again and once again she heard the consistent "drip...drip...drip" sound. She got out of bed and this time went into the bathroom where she tightened the tap. After feeling that this time she had done the trick she went back to bed, received a lick on the hand and went to sleep.

The next time she woke up, morning had dawned. She got out of bed, and made her way to the bathroom. Although when she entered the bathroom, she was greeted by a shocking sight. Her dog was hanging from the shower curtain, and it's blood was still going "drip...drip....drip...."

Never stuck my hand out of bed since, honestly.

Calneon
19th March 2009, 12:03 AM
That was actually one of the better ones I read today while having a look, I'll post the actual one here.

---

A young girl is left home alone with only her dog to protect her. When night approaches, she locks all the doors and tries to lock all the windows but one won't close.

She decides to leave it unlocked and goes to bed. Her dog takes its customary place under her bed.

In the deep of night she awakens to a dripping sound coming from the bathroom. The girl is too scared to go check so she reaches her hand under the bed. She feels a reassuring lick from her dog and falls back to sleep. She reawakens to the dripping sound, reaches her hand down to the dog where she feels the reassuring lick and falls back to sleep. Once more she awakens to the dripping sound. She reaches her hand down and feels the lick of her dog.

Now curious about the dripping sound, she gets up and slowly walks towards the bathroom, the dripping sound getting louder as she approaches. She reaches the bathroom and turns on the light. She is greeted by a horrific sight; hanging from the shower nozzle is her dog with its throat slit open and its blood dripping into the bathtub.

Something on the bathroom mirror catches her eye she turns around. Written on the bathroom mirror in her dog's blood are the words "HUMANS CAN LICK TOO".

---

I think your version missed the whole, 'it wasn't the dog licking you' thing.

ez64
19th March 2009, 12:07 AM
I have heard the same thing with a vampire.

Chalex4
19th March 2009, 12:10 AM
I think your version missed the whole, 'it wasn't the dog licking you' thing.

I'd have thought that part could be figured out pretty quickly, but anyway, it was a pretty awesomely odd story lol. None of the excess fluff like the 2nd one on the last page.

Calneon
19th March 2009, 01:14 AM
"In Korea, a lot of students are forced by their parents to do a lot of study and do well academically. It's not uncommon for students to go back to school at night to do extra study.

One night this girl was back at school studying with a group of students. The room they were in was the only light in the whole building, which dimly flowed down the hallway outside.

In the middle of her studies, she decided to take a break and went to the toilets down the hall. She proceeded back to her fellow students, when she suddenly heard a bunch of chilling, horrific screams eminating from the clasoom. And just as abruptly as they had started, the building fell deathly quiet once again.

Fearing the worst, she crept back towards the clasoom making sure not to make a sound. She peered inside the clasoom and lo and behold, all her peers lay strewn across the floor. Limp, lifeless and their faces dashed with blood. Their in the midst of the room was a pale white figure, a ghost of a young girl in a white gown with long black hair that veiled her face.

The girl had heard of this ghost before. It attacked people in the late hours of the night, harvesting its victims for their eyeballs. The girl could not run without making a sound and attracting the attention of the ghost. Instead, she slipped in the the ****oom and smeared her eyes with blood and lay there amongst the bodies pretending to be dead. She held her eyes shut tight and dared not move, hoping the ghost would soon leave and she could make her escape.

She could hear the ghost make the rounds through the room, shuffling from one corpse to the next, counting in chilling, soft voice "One, two... One, two... One, two..." as it plucked the eyeballs of the deceased.

This went on for several minutes, but the girl remained motionless. "One, two... One, two... One, two..." And still the ghost continued to count. The girl became anxious, curious as to why the ghost had not left. But she remained still, knowing what horrific fate might await her if she foiled her plan. But still the ghost continued to count "One, two... One, two..." and curiosity got the better of her. She summoned the courage to take a peak, making sure to remain still whilst she slowly opened her eyes to survey the room...

And there was the ghost, staring back at her. It's, pale, emaciated finger pointing at the girls' eyes, from one eye to the other as it counted "One, two... One, two... One, two..."

http://inventorspot.com/files/images/Takakofuji.img_assist_custom.jpg

Can see it coming a mile off, but still creepy.

Trigger
19th March 2009, 01:17 AM
Just gone midnight and i cant bring myself to watch the video, i want to sleep peacefully, got 20 seconds in and i see some chinese kid being happy and i somehow feel that its gonna change. Ill try and watch it tomorrow :p

My tale was better than your one anyway :D

Calneon
19th March 2009, 02:24 PM
Just gone midnight and i cant bring myself to watch the video, i want to sleep peacefully, got 20 seconds in and i see some chinese kid being happy and i somehow feel that its gonna change. Ill try and watch it tomorrow :p

My tale was better than your one anyway :D
Heh, i decided a few minutes after posting the video that it was kinda lame and decided to post that story instead. TBH the video wasn't scary at all, i was just looking through japanese ghost sighting videos because i was (very) bored and that was a decent one.

Also, if anyone wants a creepy movie, i'd recommend The Mothman Prophecies. It's not scary like movies such as The Grudge (ugh hate japanese kid ghost movies :)), just very errie and creepy.

D_K_Head
19th March 2009, 04:03 PM
And is there an alternative movie/story set to cater for those of us who prefer to keep our eyes/hands/dogs?

Calneon
19th March 2009, 04:57 PM
And is there an alternative movie/story set to cater for those of us who prefer to keep our eyes/hands/dogs?
Not sure I follow.

D_K_Head
19th March 2009, 07:02 PM
you know... more funny, less unnerving?

Calneon
19th March 2009, 08:15 PM
The whole point of this thread is to tell scary/unnerving/chilling stories. If you want to make a new thread where people can post funny stories then go ahead.

D_K_Head
19th March 2009, 08:22 PM
Ok, just wondering. Scary stuff it is.

Vicious Horizon
19th March 2009, 09:21 PM
Deathnote =) Youtube it XD

Trigger
19th March 2009, 09:35 PM
Thats anime, not a written story.
Awesome story none the less though but id hardly call it chilling or unnerving

Target
19th March 2009, 11:07 PM
lol the dog one was quite gud the second version was deffo better :P

Trigger
20th March 2009, 12:41 AM
No it werent, you dont need it spelt out in big bold letters.

Bah!