PDA

View Full Version : Generals tips!

Colonel Mitch
19th March 2009, 02:33 PM
I thought I'd make a thread to try and give some people ideas on more stratagies to win, and defend themselves.

If your on an island map, dont forget that on shockwave some units can travel over water (eg. APC, Tiger shark tank, scout drones), and you can always be attacked by air from the sides. People often forget to defend these areas and it is their downfall.

On maps where large hills/cliffs cover one side of your base, the same as above stands for aircraft, however few people realise that GLA combat cycles and Colonel Burton can climb these, so dont forget to defend from that.

If your playing against GLA, or generally want to help defend your buildings from close range attack, and your playing as China, BUY MINES, AND UPGRADE TO NEUTRON MINES. These are amazingly useful, especially if your opponent launches a succesful attack and tries to go directly for your power and drives past other buildings. This also protects against terrorist attack and capture by infantry (excl. lotus)

USE YOUR HERO UNIT! Colonel Burton, Black Lotus and Jarmen Kell can be invaluable! Dont underestimate their usefullness.

If your GLA or China go for an enemy dozer! Use Jarmen Kell to snipe the driver, or neutron bomb from nuke cannon to steal an enemy dozer that streys too close. AS SOON as you have it, begin building a command centre in your base. This way it doesn't matter if it gets destroyed, as one fo your own build units can finish the job. The same thing goes for other factions - If you capture the command centre (or GLA supply stash) you can do the same.
This results in you haveing a base equal to the enemies so you can use their best units.

BLACK LOTUS - if you find a way to sneal her into the enemy base, but know that you're only going to get one try at capturing something - (if the enemy has a Superweapon) WAIT untill there are 12 seconds left and capture it. you can then fire it on your opponent before they can destroy it. If it is a USA or China Superweapon dont forget the extra 10 power it requires. If they do not have a superweapon, go for the command centre to get a dozer, or leave her waiting to steal war factory when you begin attacking. This will often catch the enemy off guard as they will have moved all defensive units to combat your attack.

Burton - If you think he might get spotted use TIMED C4. This way if he dies the building still blows up. Use his knife on soldiers as it is undetectable.

If your on shockwave playing against china and an A10 or GLA bomber flys over and mauls you - YOU HAVE A BLACK LOTUS IN YOUR BASE! KILL HER!

If your USA and expect the enemy might use alot of infantry, or you have a real problem defending against enemy hero units - BUY SNIPERS as a generals upgrade. They are insane at killing units and will one hit any hero unit. They detect stealth too, so they can even take down jarman kell with his sniper. (the only hero that detects stealth is lotus)

CILLIT BANG
23rd March 2009, 09:07 PM
rule number 1 of GLA .... STINGER SITES

VoX
23rd March 2009, 09:11 PM
I think DP has already figured that out, me and DE had a go at getting through his defences, about 12 lines of stingers, and the lines went for about 20-30 of them, where 3 players should be he had his small base and the rest as stingers, I have a demo of it somewhere, I'll have to upload it.

We got through though :p.

Colonel Mitch
23rd March 2009, 10:00 PM
Thats all well and good, but play official rules and SW are unlimited, so expect a big hole to be blasted through them xD

Frost Wraith
23rd March 2009, 10:54 PM
i dont understand any of this :)

Colonel Mitch
23rd March 2009, 10:55 PM
i dont understand any of this :)

Why did you even post here? You dont play generals or as far as I know any RTS.

Target
25th March 2009, 02:52 AM
lol yeh where the forum police when u need pointless crap deleted or even pointless people :D !!!!

Calneon
25th March 2009, 10:58 AM
lol yeh where the forum police when u need pointless crap deleted or even pointless people :D !!!!
Chalex now has the power to delete people?

Target
26th March 2009, 07:24 PM
got it free with the new hosting company when they traded his soul with DCH :D