PDA

View Full Version : Sigurd-Hosting: Sponsor and Server Updates!

Chalex4
21st March 2009, 11:34 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/servers.png

That's right folks, we have a new sponsor!!! Allow me to introduce Sigurd-Hosting (http://www.sigurd-hosting.com/), a newcomer to the hosting market. Unlike normal startups though, Sigurd already has an excellent server backbone allowing for fantastic performance in all areas. Their staff have all worked for many years with other hosting companies and datacentres, but decided to raise the bar yet again with Sigurd-Hosting.com.

Their brand spanking new site is still under construction, and ATK has been selected to help launch the site and make sure everyone knows about the services they provide.

Moving onto server information, here are the new IPs:

81.19.217.187:27015 - CSS Reverse GunGame Deathmatch (24 slots)
81.19.217.187:27016 - TF2 Best Maps (24 slots)
81.19.217.187:27017 - L4D Versus (8 slots)

81.19.217.187:27018 - CSS Match Server 100 tick (13 slots)
81.19.217.187:27019 - TF2 Match Server 100 tick (17 slots)

Here's the best part - they're all ONLINE now!

I'm sure you're all wondering what happened to DCH. No, we weren't rejected, they have just stopped providing game/voice hosting and are concentrating on other hosting areas, and so there was no longer a need to sponsor anyone.

On a final note, I would like to thank DCH for their support over the last couple of years. Here's to an even brighter future with Sigurd-Hosting (http://www.sigurd-hosting.com)!!

Darkeagle
21st March 2009, 11:41 PM
Ok, WHO EVER THIS NEW COMPANY ARE, I LOVE YOU

Calneon
22nd March 2009, 12:22 AM
They also have a lame name. But they're giving us servers so yay!

Trigger
22nd March 2009, 12:25 AM
Gj Chalex, everyone here had faith in you....

Sigurd, swear ive heard that before

Hey the name aint that lame: Sigurd is a legendary hero of Norse mythology
Im sure its got some sort of relevance but i couldnt be bothered to read through Wikipedia :p

Chalex4
22nd March 2009, 12:27 AM
The company is a owned by the same guy who runs http://www.sigurd-project.com/, so that's where the name came from ;).

Calneon
22nd March 2009, 12:38 AM
Gj Chalex, everyone here had faith in you....

Sigurd, swear ive heard that before

Hey the name aint that lame: Sigurd is a legendary hero of Norse mythology
Im sure its got some sort of relevance but i couldnt be bothered to read through Wikipedia :p
I was prepared to say you had some pretty interesting knowledge there, until you said you looked it up on wikipedia xD.

Also: Times New Roman on the website OMFG.

Colonel Mitch
22nd March 2009, 12:51 AM
Ill have the css server setup completely by tomorrow.

For now its running deathmatch 24/7 on standard maps with voting enabled but im the only admin.

VoX
22nd March 2009, 12:54 AM
Reverse GunGame Deathmatch = I've re-installed CSS!

Isphera
22nd March 2009, 01:12 AM
Ok, WHO EVER THIS NEW COMPANY ARE, I LOVE YOU

Seconded. It now means third t-shirt revision in as many years....

D_K_Head
22nd March 2009, 01:59 AM
As long as the servers acctually work... and are based in a place that gives most of us <100 ping, I really don't care if the name is a bit silly...

Also, how do you keep swinging sponsership deals?

Colonel Mitch
22nd March 2009, 04:05 AM
Chalex can be very "persuasive"...........

I think he threatens the children...

Target
22nd March 2009, 04:08 AM
LOL DCH failed just like I knew they wuld, lol chalex i knew u wuld get us a new sponsor i'm sure they will be a gazillion times better than DCH :P

Vicious Horizon
22nd March 2009, 11:39 AM
LOL MITCH XD

Haha, gz on the new sponsor, and hope this time it's more sucessful, thanks for DCH's support over the years, but SH is going to be win, I reckon.

(Btw, can someone re-create my clan's channel on TS? Name is *VaS* please :D)

Calneon
22nd March 2009, 12:19 PM
Reverse GunGame Deathmatch = I've re-installed CSS!
We had that server up on the DCH servers xD.

Oh and DK, I think you mean <100.

Snerfs
22nd March 2009, 12:35 PM
Sigurd are an actual company who are currently still working and producing on developing an anti-cheat system for the game Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. It's still currently in BETA and i'm unaware of current developments, they are a wise and trustworthy company. Sigurd FTW.

Frost Wraith
22nd March 2009, 04:39 PM
awsome love the GG on css

sigurd-mark
2nd April 2009, 11:53 AM
Hows the server performing for ATK at the mo?

Chalex4
2nd April 2009, 11:59 AM
Pretty darn well I'd say :D. I'm not sure about the match ones though since I'm not in any of the teams right now, but I'm sure they'll let you know.

EDIT: We really need to get the gaming nights going again, they were always a great test of server performance (and fun too)!

sigurd-mark
2nd April 2009, 12:11 PM
LOL DCH failed just like I knew they wuld, lol chalex i knew u wuld get us a new sponsor i'm sure they will be a gazillion times better than DCH :P

Does not surprise me tbh. No one in DCH has any certifications what so ever. Half the time I’m asked what they should do in situations! Hence me starting Sigurd-Hosting

Me myself i have 3years Cisco training at college.
I also have a business partner who is very high up in a datacenter that’s owned by Mars with over 30years experience. :D

On the desktop support side of things we have another partner from the Netherlands who has every Microsoft certification going(seriously!) 270-290-291-293-294-284 to name a few.

Calneon
2nd April 2009, 01:42 PM
People ask me why I play with computers at home when I use them at work. They don't understand - I play with computers at work, too!
I don't understand that lol.

Servers are great though, we haven't had to use our match server yet as DE always arranges our matches on our opponents servers.

VoX
2nd April 2009, 02:53 PM
We will have to start using our own more often.

Hey, if you want to stress the servers, a 64-man PR server wouldn't go unnoticed :p.

Vicious Horizon
2nd April 2009, 03:49 PM
Hahaha, subtle vox :D

PS. Do you do JK:JA Hosting?

Trigger
2nd April 2009, 06:39 PM
I don't understand that lol.

Servers are great though, we haven't had to use our match server yet as DE always arranges our matches on our opponents servers.

It means people wonder why he would spend time on the computer at home when he works on them all day. But in fact he has fun on them in the day so he doesnt find it boring, so he can play it when hes at home. Somthing like that :rolleyes:

But anyway, the times ive been on them their working fine

D_K_Head
2nd April 2009, 07:20 PM
A 64 slot G-Mod RP server could be a decent stress test. All those scripts and downloads must be difficult for a server to keep up with.

Vicious Horizon
2nd April 2009, 07:35 PM
JKJA servers can be shoved full of models, mods, scripts, anything xD