PDA

View Full Version : Step Up The Pace

Darkeagle
6th April 2009, 11:58 AM
As you all know we are on a bad streak, quite a bad one. We havent really been improving as much as I would like. I blame myself to be honest as so we are going to step up the gears.

Whatever free time you have, play TF2, i dont want to be one of those teams that take away social life, but when you can, pick up and play for a hour. I am going to start getting our new servers the proper attention they need and i am going to start populating them as much as possible.

On the team basis of things, I am going to organise more matches, and maybe get some joint training sessions with some other teams.

I really want us to reach the potential that we can reach, so i am going to try my best over the next couple of weeks.

On another note, We have a match on Sunday at 8, and another match sometime this week, but i will sort out details later.

Thanks

Darkeagle

Calneon
6th April 2009, 02:12 PM
I agree, any practice you can get is well worth it. I think we have good team co-ordination and we can work well as a team, we're just limited by the actual skill levels of some members of our team.

Deri
6th April 2009, 02:36 PM
Brotip: use pipebombs. Their more powerful than stickies, and easier to hit with (suprisingly!)

Calneon
6th April 2009, 03:18 PM
Yeah ill need to practice using them.

You were insane as a scout though.

Deri
6th April 2009, 03:20 PM
Well we all practice with every class.

This is how we usually train suprisingly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtWxT9JRfWU&feature=channel_page

Trigger
6th April 2009, 03:59 PM
Ours tend to turn into massive admin abuse fests but yeah its a nice idea, if we put in the effort we shall get the rewards out.

Thanks for the Input Deri

Zealous
6th April 2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah ill need to practice using them.

You were insane as a scout though.

I thought you were a great scout too, you just kept killing me all the time and there was nothing I could do about it.

Deri
6th April 2009, 04:52 PM
I have barely played Scout about 3 weeks back - but we needed a good scout so me and Plumbed both played nothing but scout for about 3 weeks in pubs, and we got the hang of it.

If you can kill and dodge in a 32 man dustbowl, you can do it in a 6 man game.

D_K_Head
6th April 2009, 05:13 PM
...I like puppies...

Target
6th April 2009, 07:48 PM
i wuld hav played in this team if i culd play TF2 at uni :O ill come to training on sunday an play this week, use to be in a team that was second in ED so if i can remember the maps i mite b able to help with strats :P

VoX
6th April 2009, 07:49 PM
I'm going to have to play some classes solidly in pubs for a bit then, but I get pissed off easily lol.

Cheers for the input Deri.

Deri
6th April 2009, 08:44 PM
SBC Server, we can lock it for private sessions.

Zealous
6th April 2009, 09:27 PM
I‘ve been looking at a lot of demos today and I think they’ve really helped me, I’d recommend everyone to check some out.

Trigger
6th April 2009, 11:56 PM
Everytime i look at this thread name i keep thinking its the name of some cheesy new dance movie :p

D_K_Head
7th April 2009, 12:56 AM
yeah... that's always disturbing. But we're a relativly new TF2 team. We're not professional gamers, we're just a mixture of hardcore and weekenders. Though I think we can do better, playing TF2 until we're all utterly sick of the game isn't the way foward.

Target
7th April 2009, 12:58 AM
Its just practising the right things, like engi postions and when to use uber and so on, it will come with match practise, u never win many matches to start with it takes a while but u'll get there

Deri
7th April 2009, 12:05 PM
yeah... that's always disturbing. But we're a relativly new TF2 team. We're not professional gamers, we're just a mixture of hardcore and weekenders. Though I think we can do better, playing TF2 until we're all utterly sick of the game isn't the way foward.

Neither are we, we're just the old CoW clan remade. Demos are pretty much the best way to learn, second to private 12v12's.

Calneon
7th April 2009, 12:40 PM
I‘ve been looking at a lot of demos today and I think they’ve really helped me, I’d recommend everyone to check some out.
Where have you been getting demos from?

Zealous
7th April 2009, 02:16 PM
Here http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/demos/. They have thousands, some are only through one person’s perspective but some are through source TV so you can change who you want to watch.

Calneon
7th April 2009, 02:57 PM
Awesome, gonna watch some demo demos now :D.