PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Night: Friday April 10th

Chalex4
9th April 2009, 06:09 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/servers.png

Tomorrow's Friday, so it's time to organise another gaming night! Here are the details:

Time: 8-10pm
Game: Counter-Strike: Source [GUNGAME]
Server: CSS GG- 81.19.217.187:27015

Please try and be on Teamspeak (85.236.100.27:11257) in good time, since it will help a lot with the organisation. Let's make the server packed for the whole duration, so please remember to come!! Tell us if you can make it below.

Calneon
9th April 2009, 06:11 PM
I can make it!

I'm thinking of changing the server to GG Deathmatch at some point so we can see what people prefer to play. What do you guys think of that?

ez64
9th April 2009, 06:16 PM
I will probs be at i36 but will try.

Vicious Horizon
9th April 2009, 07:39 PM
Deathmatch is better imo, so yeah, shove that on tomorrow, I'll try to be on.

Target
9th April 2009, 08:49 PM
Not death match gungame its lame sooo much better as it is, we've been playin it today and its been really gd fun, mite need a couple more gg maps an maybe get rid of some of the others, i'll try my best to be there as it will be the first time i've been able to come since i started uni :D

D_K_Head
9th April 2009, 08:56 PM
Targ's got a point. Reverse GG is pretty fun, even if a little of the skill is taken away with the unlimited nades addition.

Calneon
9th April 2009, 09:00 PM
Targ's got a point. Reverse GG is pretty fun, even if a little of the skill is taken away with the unlimited nades addition.
That's what it is at the moment. It would be stupid without unlimited nades as you'd have one throw per round and it would be stupidly hard to get a kill with one.

VoX
9th April 2009, 09:55 PM
I may be there, or I may be packing my bags :p.

Target
9th April 2009, 10:38 PM
Yeh on another server u get 1 nade and a deagle and u get another nade when u kill someone but it does take a long time to get a kill

D_K_Head
9th April 2009, 10:40 PM
that's the idea. the nade stops people from getting straight on to knife, since you have to damage an opponent to get a nade kill... most servers give you a glock instead.

when you get a nade kill in GG, it MEANS something.

Target
9th April 2009, 10:44 PM
Yeh its a lot more challenging but on other servers there a lot more players so u hav a better chance, kinda hard with fewer people just coz ur team kill them all before you have a chance but we culd always try it out an see which people prefered at the end of the gaming nite?

Calneon
10th April 2009, 03:21 PM
I'll think about changing the grenades, based on tonight.

Anyway, i've just painfully gone through every map on the server and removed the bad ones, and added a few new ones.

Target
10th April 2009, 10:11 PM
Good turn out for the gaming nite an went well even had some random people join the server...would hav like to see this more often during holidays an weekends and instead of people just being sat on steam or in-game please join teamspeak so people know who is online and then it is easy to get us all playing the same games an gettin our servers active and maybe finding some more members.

Vicious Horizon
11th April 2009, 10:15 AM
Haha it were good last night, for the hour i was on -.- (sorry lads), I'd like to get rid of modernbattle, as it's insanely detailed, thus big, thus laggy XD And maybe add Neonarena? I didn't see it when I was going through the maplist.
I thought it was a pretty good night, especially when I jumped on Vox's head and stole his kill :D

Lookin' forward to next time :D

Isphera
11th April 2009, 10:22 AM
It was good until that 007 map, and the door map, where it just got annoying. I suppose getting stuck on the scout for 10 mins on those two didn't help, but that 007 map was a bit crap. Good night overall though.

Calneon
11th April 2009, 11:12 AM
It was good until that 007 map, and the door map, where it just got annoying. I suppose getting stuck on the scout for 10 mins on those two didn't help, but that 007 map was a bit crap. Good night overall though.
I got rid of the first 007 we played, though I'm keeping the one with the doors. I personally really like the modernbattle map, probably because i don't get any slowdowns on it. Does anyone else have trouble playing on it?

Vicious Horizon
12th April 2009, 10:47 AM
Keep it up if it's only me with a problem, because it's not that bad of a map.