PDA

View Full Version : Survival pack out!

Calneon
22nd April 2009, 12:50 PM
These are the patch notes from Steam.

The Left 4 Dead Survival Pack is now available for the PC and Xbox 360, free of charge to all owners of the game. The full change list for the PC release is below. In addition, both the retail and Steam versions of the game (PC and 360) are now available for a special price. Check Steam and local retailers for pricing details. For more information about L4D, please visit www.l4d.com

Survival Mode

New gameplay Mode

16 maps including Last Stand

Leaderboards

7 new achievements

Versus Changes

2 new versus campaigns

Fixed a case where versus team score would continue to be recalculated after the score panel was displayed

Fixed an issue with recalculating the versus score health bonus for a player when they are rescued from being incapacitated

Fixed being able to start a swing as an infected, then teleport to the survivors and have the claw swing hit a survivor

Fixed a case where teleporting to the survivors would not reset the ability timer

Fixed an exploit where you could load the chamber of a weapon with bullets by holding down the melee key

Fixed a case where it was not possible to join a game while it was in a finale

Fixed a rare case where listen servers would speed up the game over time

Removed convars related to melee fatigue

Fixed a case where infected players would get a respawn time on their initial spawn into a map

Server Changes

Made ms_force_dedicated_server not require cheats

Add a message when queuing a heartbeat

Simplified setting of game mode

Removed convars director_no_human_zombies and director_holdout_mode

Added mp_gamemode [coop,versus,survival]

General

Added lobby join and leave messages

Can't wait to have a game of it later.

Zealous
22nd April 2009, 12:58 PM
It's well fun but really hard, one game we had 3 tanks coming at us!

Trigger
22nd April 2009, 01:07 PM
Ah nice, ill try it as well later

Chalex4
22nd April 2009, 05:09 PM
Looks like a fun-packed update, it'll probably even get me back into playing L4D :D.

Isphera
22nd April 2009, 05:32 PM
Me too.

Snerfs
22nd April 2009, 05:38 PM
excuse me for my french but here goes:

I downloaded it and play it yesteray and it is total SHITE

worst. patch. ever. Complete and TOTAL let down. I really expected more from this update but they have put no thought WHATSOEVER into it. Well Done On Making It Crap.

Colonel Mitch
22nd April 2009, 06:00 PM
excuse me for my french but here goes:

I downloaded it and play it yesteray and it is total SHITE

worst. patch. ever. Complete and TOTAL let down. I really expected more from this update but they have put no thought WHATSOEVER into it. Well Done On Making It Crap.

I no the problem, and the reason only you ahve complained. YOUR PLAYING IT ON A 360 :D

GET A REAL PC AND YOULL LIKE IT ALOT MORE.

Deri
22nd April 2009, 06:09 PM
Loved Survival mode. We made it to 8 minutes 40 best on the crane one?

I will add the 360 version is total shite, get a PC and play the mans machine

Calneon
22nd April 2009, 06:28 PM
Me Trigger Zealous and DE just had a few games, we got about 5 minutes on No Mercy stage 1, and were so close to Silver medal on the new Lighthouse map. So far I think it's awesome, I don't know why Snerfs hates it so much, it brings a totally new game mode and you don't even have to play it if you don't want to...

Snerfs
22nd April 2009, 07:20 PM
I'm just giving my opinion out :)

and I do have a PC which can hold it, I just decide not to play L4D on PC as I prefer it to the 360. /flame on for that, I know... DUH. But ye, real let down, was expecting a lot better to come from Valve on that rather than just adding a timer to the top of a screen and adding a map (which may I add is VERY small). A Real Shame.

D_K_Head
22nd April 2009, 08:01 PM
There is a difference... in 360, pretty much all the mobs are weaker, so survival won't mean much to a well camp'd team crouching with rifles, and there's no real sense of teamwork (I've played the 360 version, for the record.)

L4D with PC gamers, particularally the ATK lot, is a hell of a lot more fun than a bunch of random yanks on a system with all the control of a drunk chipmunk in an SUV.

Snerfs
22nd April 2009, 08:38 PM
For the record, i've played the PC version and really didn't like it, plus most people I know play it on 360. Either way, stupid game, lmfao, FLAME ON!!!

im kiddings obvs, but there could be some improvements on this new pack.

Calneon
22nd April 2009, 10:55 PM
I bet there can ALWAYS be improvements to things which are FREE :).

D_K_Head
22nd April 2009, 11:27 PM
What about if steam implemented a FREE mandentory update to CS that replaced all weapons with smiley faces and hugs?