PDA

View Full Version : New PC Finally

VoX
24th April 2009, 10:43 PM
Right, finally I've got the cash and the OK, so what do you think about this spec?

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2967/ocuk.png

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8473/scanv.png

Subtotal is £1,390.

Anyone got anything that should be changed or that can be recommended?

Colonel Mitch
24th April 2009, 10:53 PM
Buy em all at microdirect and save mroe than enough money for i37?

ez64
24th April 2009, 11:07 PM
Keyboard is a bit sucky and raid 0 that which will cost hardly anything more.

Calneon
24th April 2009, 11:53 PM
I'd get a dual core too, better for gaming. Other than that it looks good although I don't know what a GTX275 is like. Also, I think I payed less for that case about a year ago, you sure that's the cheapest? Or is it a different version.

Chalex4
25th April 2009, 12:05 AM
Keyboard is a bit sucky and raid 0 that which will cost hardly anything more.

I recommended the G15 lol and to get rid of raid 0 :D. I have the G15 and think it's awesome, so I suggested that over the G11 he was going to get. I may not have read every comment that I should have regarding raid 0, but personally I wouldn't bother with it. Everyone has differing opinions though!

VoX
25th April 2009, 12:30 AM
Phantom - I went quad for the odd but of 3D modelling and general performance use, plus it will be OCed to buggery :p.

Also, that case is the 900-2 revision, it has dust filters, is slightly bigger and has better cable management. It's also £20 more than the standard 900.

VoX
1st May 2009, 04:57 PM
Ordered with a few changes, it has a GTX 280, P5Q Deluxe and 4GB of DDR2 Dominator RAM :D.

Calneon
1st May 2009, 05:42 PM
Very nice, it's better than mine now :(.

VoX
1st May 2009, 05:52 PM
Lol, I think it will be the second best PC in ATK (Mitch's kicks ass, despite stability issues.)

It has the exact same GCard as your though, so it will be interesting to see if the Q6700 lets me get any more out of it, and the 1066Mhz RAM should be pretty dam fast :p.

Vicious Horizon
1st May 2009, 07:35 PM
Nice rig there Vox =)

Calneon
1st May 2009, 08:30 PM
Lol, I think it will be the second best PC in ATK (Mitch's kicks ass, despite stability issues.)

It has the exact same GCard as your though, so it will be interesting to see if the Q6700 lets me get any more out of it, and the 1066Mhz RAM should be pretty dam fast :p.
Yeah, your CPU and RAM is better than mine, and you could probably OC your GTX280 more than mine did (only got an extra 45 Mhz). I'll be upgrading mine when I go to uni though, provided i7 prices have dropped by then.

Midge
1st May 2009, 11:34 PM
who did you rob to get the money?! haha sweeet rig, when u doing the build and who with?

Target
2nd May 2009, 01:11 AM
And you won;t even be able to take it to i37 to show it off...FAIL!!!!

VoX
2nd May 2009, 10:55 AM
who did you rob to get the money?! haha sweeet rig, when u doing the build and who with?

Ahhh, so you rise from the dead (or being pissed at uni) :p.

All arriving on Wednesday, will build by my lazza's, done enough reading into it I feel confident, f not I got a mates dad up the road who can help.

Phatom - i5 is coming out soon (the dual core version of i7) so that should push the i7 prices down a bit. Also the D0 920 was released a few weeks ago, so a normal 920 is a bit cheaper.

I don't plan to OC the GTX 280 much, it has enough power as it is, but when games start to struggle (in a year or two) then I'll put it a bit further. The Leadtek one is 100% reference based (but has an awesome sticker :p) so there should be a fair amount of clocks to get out of it.

Midge
2nd May 2009, 02:10 PM
hahaha yeahhhh course is over now, so im pretty much doing nothing at uni, dnt get back til june tho, still no gaming for me :(

sweet, its a lot more fun when you know how to, im struggling to scrounge some money for my new rig, shame i can only just about survive at uni with what i got atm!!