PDA

View Full Version : Server Rates

Chalex4
31st March 2007, 12:39 PM
On the Dust2/Office/Italy/Assault server I have now set the following rate settings:

sv_minrate 0
sv_maxrate 30000
sv_minupdaterate 0
sv_maxupdaterate 101
sv_mincmdrate 0
sv_maxcmdrate 101

So, if you see someone with a rate of 50000 they do not actually have that rate, since the server is only allowing a maximum of 30000. Before you ask, I cannot increase the minimum values because all it does is lag the server. These settings should help keep the server a little more under control.

subsurface
31st March 2007, 01:11 PM
On the Dust2/Office/Italy/Assault server I have now set the following rate settings:

sv_minrate 0
sv_maxrate 30000
sv_minupdaterate 0
sv_maxupdaterate 101
sv_mincmdrate 0
sv_maxcmdrate 101

So, if you see someone with a rate of 50000 they do not actually have that rate, since the server is only allowing a maximum of 30000. Before you ask, I cannot increase the minimum values because all it does is lag the server. These settings should help keep the server a little more under control.

So you allow rate hackers on to the server? great!?

min rate 20000
max 30000

tbh

Hutch
31st March 2007, 01:15 PM
Yes but the lag, the lag subsurface, the lag. Zblock will just lose us people.

Chalex4
31st March 2007, 01:37 PM
We already have zBlock on the server. It is called Detox and does exactly the same thing:

What does it do?

1) A successor to CVAR-X. It will differ in functionality to cvarx where cvarx just reverted and aliased out certain cvars, Detox will have the ability to actually retrieve values for each cvar it checks and kick/ban the offending player for a certain duration based on the exploitability of the cvar.

2) Anti-Wallhack built-in which automatically blocks all kinds of wallhacks known for Source.

3) Anti-Radar hack which makes sure people cannot use radar hacks to see the opposite team.

4) Consistency checks for materials and sounds

5) Auto update feature: one of the very first plugins that is able to automatically update itself with the latest algorithms to recognise the latest cvar- and wall hacks.

assassin8
31st March 2007, 03:19 PM
doesnt stop speed hacking as i was on there last night with somone doing it! Shame i couldnt kick him really.

VoX
31st March 2007, 04:14 PM
YAY!!!!!!
finaly no more r-tards with rates at 7500 and saying there fine