PDA

View Full Version : Killing Floor

Calneon
30th April 2009, 03:53 PM
* Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens

* Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities

* Over 40 Steam Achievements, including “Dignity for the dead” for killing 10 enemies feeding on dead teammates’ corpses and “Hot Cross Fun” for finishing off 25 burning enemies with a Crossbow.

* Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo “ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer

* Solo game mode for offline play

* 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers

* 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower

* Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive

* Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors

* Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight – or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde

* Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters

* Support for Steam Friends and other Steamworks features

* Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods

I saw a preview in a recent PCGamer edition, and it caught my eye. It looks like a more serious version of L4D with more guns, more zombie (human clone experiments) variations, and a storyline. It's only £11 if you pre-order from Steam, I was thinking if enough of you (it's 6 player co-op) thought this was interesting we could give it a go.

It's out in just over two weeks. I particularly like the focus on mobility over the way you are forced to camp in L4D. It seems you can interact with the environment more, welding shut doors and creating killing zones to funnel the zombies down. There is a high res preview on their website, which looks very nice.

http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/

http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/wp-content/gallery/kfscreens/Shot00053.jpg

http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/wp-content/gallery/kfscreens/Shot00054.jpg

http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/wp-content/gallery/kfscreens/Shot00049.jpg

Vicious Horizon
30th April 2009, 04:27 PM
Noticed that, looks quite good, I'll have a look at the article again, I sort of flicked through it.

Trigger
30th April 2009, 05:48 PM
Hmm looks promising, though having two zombie survival games is slightly OTT so hopefully it differs alot

Bloo
30th April 2009, 06:01 PM
When it comes to surviving zombie attacks, nothing is over the top.

http://media.techeblog.com/images/breaks.jpg

We should ALL have one of these in our homes.

Vicious Horizon
30th April 2009, 07:39 PM
When it comes to surviving zombie attacks, nothing is over the top.

http://media.techeblog.com/images/breaks.jpg

We should ALL have one of these in our homes.

404.jpg ; )

Calneon
30th April 2009, 09:30 PM
Works for me VC.

Mr.Big
30th April 2009, 10:51 PM
Works for me VC.

i see it, but lol why only four shots :P

Target
30th April 2009, 11:50 PM
Could be good, hopefully we will get a demo so we can get a taster for the game play, and i can see it being quite good as we often hav more than 4 of us who want to play l4d

Bloo
1st May 2009, 06:37 PM
i see it, but lol why only four shots :P

That was my question as well, but lets put it into perspective, thats four more shots than you will have. :eek:

Target
2nd May 2009, 02:49 AM
1 to shot for yourself and 3 people u always hated

Darkeagle
2nd May 2009, 09:13 AM
Well if you did it in that order, then your fucked

Bloo
2nd May 2009, 09:54 AM
A shotgun is a bit excessive for that, one would use a pistol for that kind of thing.

Vicious Horizon
2nd May 2009, 10:33 AM
Shotgun's classier.

Chazlene
2nd May 2009, 11:08 AM
RAWR British soldiers. Hopefully this won't turn out like Hellgate: London. :D

Vicious Horizon
2nd May 2009, 11:32 AM
What, getting shut down? XD

Chalex4
2nd May 2009, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure whether I'll buy this, as you say, a demo would be nice.

The graphics on the trailer just look a little basic compared to L4D, but maybe that's just me.

Target
3rd May 2009, 04:01 AM
I agree chalex they look abit half life 1 grafix bit too shit tbh a demo wuld be a start to c if its actually worth havin aswell as l4d

Zealous
5th May 2009, 03:25 PM
Anyone going to buy this? If you pre-purchace it on steam now you save 25%. I think i might get it if some other people get it as well.

Calneon
5th May 2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah I have it Zealous. Thought why not, nothing else coming out soon.

Zealous
14th May 2009, 12:46 AM
40 minutes of game play footage was just released here http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/features/47052/Killing-Floor-Video-Preview. I have brought and pre loaded it, we need more people to buy it! Comes out in 18 hours from the time of this post.

ez64
14th May 2009, 01:07 AM
Ive bought/preloaded it on one account.

Calneon
14th May 2009, 04:21 PM
2 Hours!

Zealous
14th May 2009, 05:03 PM
1 Hour!!!!

Calneon
14th May 2009, 10:10 PM
WTF, it was at 1 hour for about 4 hours now it's back saying 2 hours to release.

ez64
14th May 2009, 11:10 PM
Yup it has taken a while lol about 5 hours after the official time its out and now I cba to play it today :)

Calneon
14th May 2009, 11:24 PM
Yeah i'll play it tomorrow.

Deri
15th May 2009, 12:13 AM
Game is the fucking dogs

Vicious Horizon
15th May 2009, 11:36 AM
Is that meant to end in 's bollocks?

Deri
15th May 2009, 11:45 AM
Yes, yes it was.

Target
15th May 2009, 02:45 PM
Gunna hav to get this game when i get home coz i dnt think my laptop will handle it :o

Calneon
15th May 2009, 04:42 PM
This game is definately very very good. You have 10 waves (furthest i've got is 9 atm) there are about 250 zombies per wave and after you get the chance to buy new guns and ammo. Graphics are very good, definately on par with L4D, and the special effects like slowdown and iron sights are great. If you die, you respawn on the next wave but lose all your guns and money (i think u lose your money).

Definately buy it.

Oh and I forgot to mention the perk system, you increase your perk level by doing certain things (eg. Sharpshooter level 1 is 30 headshots, levle 2 is 100), and each level gives you nice increases to damage, decreased costs, etc.

Target
15th May 2009, 07:35 PM
Review it :P

Zealous
16th May 2009, 12:36 AM
I might have a go at reviewing it after a few more days of playing it. It's a great game and would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Calneon
16th May 2009, 11:16 AM
A new update was released this morning. Very fast fix to all the problems as it's only been released for a few days, so props to Tripwire.

There is a new update/patch for killing floor, that fixes some common issues that the game had at release.
Among others:

* Fixed the in game server browser to show all available servers
* Fixed the “Perks-enabled server” icon not showing up in the server browser
* Fixed some server browser filters not working right. Also added the ability to filter servers by “Perks enabled” and by “Difficulty”
* Added the ability to sort the server list by Difficulty
* Servers that cannot be reached because they are behind a firewall will now show up with a ping of 9999 in the server browser. This is the cause of most “connection failed” messages
* Fixed the “Stats Name/Password” popup box that was appearing when it didn’t need to
* Fixed a “Warning” box that was appearing but shouldn’t have been
* Added a message when setting up a listen server notifying the user what ports they must have open on their firewall to host the game.

* Shortened the default length of time the server waits before the map changes after the players win/lose a game
* Set proper defaults for Difficulty/Game Length. It was defaulting to Beginner/Short, changing this to Normal/Medium
* Fixed dead enemies disappearing instantly on a Listen Server for other players
* Fixed game not showing up in Gamespy
* White list – creating a white list of server mutators that can be used while still allowing perks.

Good job, and hopefully KF will be updated frequently!
The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.

Stay tuned for more news and updates from Killing-Floor.co.uk.

Vicious Horizon
16th May 2009, 11:45 AM
with a ping of 9999

Over 9000!!!!!!111!!!1!!

Shouldn't that be 999, or am I just opening myself up to some moar n00b abuse?

Calneon
16th May 2009, 12:23 PM
Over 9000!!!!!!111!!!1!!

Shouldn't that be 999, or am I just opening myself up to some moar n00b abuse?
Doesn't matter, just any ping high enough that you'd be an idiot for joining it. The problem was servers which you couldn't connect to were displaying pings below 100.

ez64
16th May 2009, 03:28 PM
Doesn't matter, just any ping high enough that you'd be an idiot for joining it. The problem was servers which you couldn't connect to were displaying pings below 100.

?? Ive been connecting to servers with 15-40 ping fine :S

Vicious Horizon
16th May 2009, 03:30 PM
?? Ive been connecting to servers with 15-40 ping fine :S

I think he means that some of the ones that were below 100 were behind firewalls. Not all of them.

Calneon
16th May 2009, 03:59 PM
I think he means that some of the ones that were below 100 were behind firewalls. Not all of them.
Indeed. I had trouble before the patch but now the server browser shows loads of servers with less than 100 ping, no connection problems.

ez64
16th May 2009, 04:59 PM
Ah kk ya there were a silly amount of them about 3 hours into the release.

Chalex4
16th May 2009, 05:11 PM
Nice, it definitely sounds better than I thought it would be.

What would you guys rate it out of 10?

Calneon
16th May 2009, 06:01 PM
Nice, it definitely sounds better than I thought it would be.

What would you guys rate it out of 10?
9/10

I'm about to write a review, so far i'm having a hard time deciding whether I prefer Killing Floor or Left 4 Dead, so far i'm prefering Killing Floor but i probably would have said the same about L4D when it was just released.

rihankf
17th May 2009, 09:07 AM
9/10

I'm about to write a review, so far i'm having a hard time deciding whether I prefer Killing Floor or Left 4 Dead, so far i'm prefering Killing Floor but i probably would have said the same about L4D when it was just released.

I actually think you can enjoy both games.
Killing Floor co-op is way better than l4d campaign mode, however killing floor doesn't offer the other 2 modes such as versus or survival.

I enjoy both games, but killing floor is def my favorite. :)

Vicious Horizon
17th May 2009, 09:20 AM
I actually think you can enjoy both games.
Killing Floor co-op is way better than l4d campaign mode, however killing floor doesn't offer the other 2 modes such as versus or survival.

I enjoy both games, but killing floor is def my favorite. :)

:o welcome to the forums XD

Yeah, I personally dont see the point in having two games that are very similar.. Though I have neither atm, not sure why, but I'd be more tailored to buy Killing Floor atm than Left4Dead.

Target
25th May 2009, 02:01 PM
Just wonder who had actually bought the game and who else was considering it, I haven't bought it yet but am considering it if we hav enuf ppl in the community

Calneon
25th May 2009, 03:07 PM
Merged this with the other KF thread.

I know for certain that me, Zealous, and DK Head have KF. I think ez64 does too. Trigger was on the verge of getting it but hasn't yet, so we are close to having a full 6 man team if you did get it Target.

Chalex4
25th May 2009, 04:43 PM
I expect that I'll get this after my exams.

Target
25th May 2009, 09:29 PM
KK well I'll prob get it then, the vidz i've looked at look good so i'll prob have it on Saturday/Sunday :D

Vicious Horizon
26th May 2009, 09:10 AM
I'll get it after exams, I'll be a backup player then, eh? xD

Target
26th May 2009, 08:15 PM
maybe if u can find the accept button we'll think about it

Vicious Horizon
27th May 2009, 08:47 AM
XD I need a fucking tutorial don't I =/