PDA

View Full Version : Match Results 04/05/09

Trigger
4th May 2009, 10:19 PM
Im creating this thread so that after everygame we can post up results, give out appropriate praise or scorn and to let everyone give out ideas on the games.

Game
SBC 2 - 1 ATK

Man of the Match: Phantom- Taken him awhile to get into the role of Soldier but once into it contributed greatly to the match

Most Improved: Zealous- Continuing to improve and using his Ubers to better effect everytime

A decent fight was put up in the begining rounds though a devastating sniper and poor ubers left us struggling to keep up with the pace, we didnt go down easy and both lost rounds were contested tightly.

Though it took us two games to get there we finally found our pace and started to counter the sniper usage and general performance from everyone increased, resulting in a pride restoring game win :D

Feel free to add anything

Calneon
4th May 2009, 10:26 PM
Great job guys. I was on fire on Granary when we got into the swing of things. Really enjoyed it.

Colonel Mitch
4th May 2009, 10:38 PM
in the map we won i wasnt our worst player! YAY ME :D
(When i play as soldier im not usually bottom ranked but as demoman i tend to do more general knocking people away from medic or crowd control than actually getting kills :P)

Zealous
4th May 2009, 11:53 PM
Good game guys :D. Just two things to say, i think Phantom did a great job of protecting and sticking close to me in all the games, but i think DP and maybe Mitch needs to protect me a bit more. Also, just remember TS has a slight lag so take that into account when you call out enemies and call for me.

Target
5th May 2009, 01:17 AM
Wit my supporting play for peeps hu didn't turn up / had probs we got there in the ends boyz good effort and a deserverd win!!!!

Calneon
5th May 2009, 12:34 PM
Wit my supporting play for peeps hu didn't turn up / had probs we got there in the ends boyz good effort and a deserverd win!!!!
Yeah, without you showing up as a replacement we never would have got to where we are now! Knowing we have a reliable substitute if somebody can't make it really improved our game last night.

Snerfs
5th May 2009, 05:30 PM
what you need to do before matches is to go in a server just as a team (nobody else) and practise against each other

Darkeagle
5th May 2009, 05:40 PM
We cant because we dont have a server

Deri
5th May 2009, 10:16 PM
We cant because we dont have a server

lolwut

Darkeagle
6th May 2009, 04:42 PM
Our servers are out of date and for some reason we cant update them

Deri
6th May 2009, 06:50 PM
Ask McClane to update them for you?

Darkeagle
6th May 2009, 07:11 PM
We no how to update them, we just dont have access right now

Snerfs
6th May 2009, 07:25 PM
Well tbh that's quite fail and could be quite a downfall, if you're going to enter tournaments/ladders, you need a match server you can, obviously, have matches on, but also to practice on.

Calneon
6th May 2009, 07:55 PM
Servers will be sorted out but Chalex is busy with other things at the moment.

Target
7th May 2009, 12:06 AM
chalex needs to get his priorities sorted he obv has a few spare mins to get u access to the servers so that u can get them updated

Vicious Horizon
7th May 2009, 03:56 PM
We have a PM system :P

Deri
7th May 2009, 04:08 PM
We have a PM system :P

Inb4 404

Deri
7th May 2009, 04:09 PM
Also match tonight at 8pm?!??!

Calneon
7th May 2009, 04:11 PM
Also match tonight at 8pm?!??!
I've heard nothing from DE and Trigger isn't online tonight.

Also, the server issue is a lot bigger than simply 'getting them to give me access'. I already had access. According to Chalex, the subscription to the server management software that is taken out by Sigurd has stopped, and they aren't sure whether they're going to renewing it. Unfortunately for us that means we have lots of servers running but with no means to update them.

Darkeagle
7th May 2009, 04:51 PM
No match tonight i need Warning, i cant just play on the day you ask, fancy a game on sunday?

Deri
7th May 2009, 05:02 PM
Sundays good.

I'm pretty sure BUllet can manually update servers, bitch worked on testing the first VAC and helped develop it, so he knows alot.